• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

DEV's Please consider a change to parrots.

• Thread starter imported_Hanna
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Hanna

Instead of their npc name always displaying, make it so they only display when moused over. Or give us a switch to turn their names off.

B

BadManiac

Or, maybe don't place sevenhundredandthreethousandfourhundredandeighteen parrots in a house? Let the devs deal with actual problems.

L

Lady_Kat

<font color="purple"> I agree, perhaps introducing a limit on the number of parrots one can have in their abode, like the vendor count.
We can only have two barkeeps, atleast barkeeps have a purpose, parrots are just irritating. </font>

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Parrots are nice and all just like fish but everything gets boring after a while and people find new and creative ways to make them interesting thats why you see people adding more and coming up with new names/themes.

I

imported_Hanna

<blockquote><hr>

Or, maybe don't place sevenhundredandthreethousandfourhundredandeighteen parrots in a house? Let the devs deal with actual problems.

[/ QUOTE ]It is an actual problem, it causes a great deal of lag around houses like this. Granted this is probably the worst one I have seen, but there are several others doing hte same thing.

G

This is one of those cases where something introduced to the game can produce results which were unintended by the developers, when used in a certain way by players. If the unintended result is also deemed undesirable, it should be handled by game mechanics to eliminate it.

I know for a fact there are people doing this deliberately...it can crash dial up users, and lag a lot of people in general, especially those with older computers, which a lot of UO players seem to have.

Parrots were a cute addition...more lag and name spam is not.

-Skylark

I

imported_Gwendar-SP

If you read the siege forums you will find posts where folks place parots with the intention to produce lag.

G

Limit the number in a house and have them not appear/load until the house contents are loaded.

I

imported_badskidmarks

I think we should be able to use poisoning on the parrot wafers....

I

imported_blesh

I think we should be able to kill parrots.

yess... *In Flam Grav*

mmmm roasted parrot