• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

DEVS: Let us transfer off Siege.

Trolls T Hunter

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Siege has been in decline for many years I don't think there's anything the devs can do, Ultima online is an old game. The only real way to help siege and UO is to get brand new players into the ultima world. It's not going to happen, Have you seen a single ultima online advertisement out there? all games eventually die, does anyone play pong any more?

The best thing UO can do is consolidate servers as the population dwindles and ages. Just about every game out there does it to keep a larger consolidated player base.

When (not if) they close siege they will allow transfer.

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who is saying they wish to leave completely??? I just wish to be able to move a few items and soulstones to another shard so I can play both?? I have supported Siege and its causes for the last 3 or 4 years...now I just wanna expand my horizons and play another shard as well.

You trying to tell me thats wrong or that we shouldn't be able to do this??
Yes. You knew the rules when you bought/claimed the soulstones. It was not something that they surprised you with. If they shut Siege down, then yes, they should offer a way to get some things off the shard. Otherwise, nope. Buyer beware.
Shut up...are you the voice of Siege now that no one really plays there and you can come out?? Funny I never really saw you ever before when the shard was semi populated. Now that its pretty empty...you camp the Sea market hoping to gank a fisherman lol

E

Elmer Fudd

Actually it isn't "better" now....just slower. Fudd is good people...can't say I even know who you are???
I was actually thinking the same thing? who is this guy? ive played siege for twelve years and have done more to promote/help this shard when i wasnt even logged in then he has been in game on siege...but he must think hes randomly talking to a nobody on this shard...just shows how much he doesnt know anyone here...hes the kind of people who are here now...hence my statement he quoted.....lol

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I know this person. He is good folk.

Sprago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awesome, that's what's great about UO over all the other MMORPGs out there: it's SO broad. Now, if Siege isn't for you, enjoy another shard.

You know, I left Catskills a few years ago and guess what? I didn't start posting on the Cats forums about how lame Cats was. I just came to play here.
i like his statement "if Siege isn't for you, enjoy another shard" and "I didn't start posting on the Cats forums about how lame Cats was. I just came to play here" why cant others just do this too. If siege isnt for you anymore then just dont play it and dont come posting how ****ty it is

and as far as transfers go, really poeple there not gonna let ya do it so quit crying about it and just play what ever shard makes ya happy

Sprago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
IMHO it is just as easy to gather items/wealth on Siege...in 3 years

88 million gold
Luna house (paid 18 mil)
some of ther best gear on the shard
8 real arties
million silver
I did X shard gold to buy my castle.

My point is that Siege is no harder then any other shard, in fact monster ignore is the biggest easy button in all of UO and its only on Siege.

Please note I also work 9/5 mon-fri and have looted around 8 idocs on siege, the gold came from hunting and buying and selling items.

I few weeks ago Fudd posted that as it sits siege is the trammiest of trammy shards, no risk what so ever.

The one thing that I must point out is that I loved to play siege and still would, which is why I keep my accounts open.

Most of the positive poster in this thread talk about "we here" I say really...

How many people do you really think you are playing with, I would bet on any given night Siege has no more the 20 people on, is that MMO.

The game was designed to be played by hundreds on each server, then they added insane amounts of land mass.

At this point your almost playing a one person shooter game, sorry thats not for me.
shut up and just play

Sprago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was actually thinking the same thing? who is this guy? ive played siege for twelve years and have done more to promote/help this shard when i wasnt even logged in then he has been in game on siege...but he must think hes randomly talking to a nobody on this shard...just shows how much he doesnt know anyone here...hes the kind of people who are here now...hence my statement he quoted.....lol
shut up and just play

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But then I would lose all that loot that you had in your houses...did you really need to go and buy colored bod book covers??
Nope, probably a mistake (ie waste of money) but at that moment I thought I needed them, lol...la

Idahoan

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No transfers

I knew the risk of purchasing tokens & such for Siege when I did it.

I'd love to play Siege again, but then any UO play time would be fun to have again.

Anywho, just my 2 cents worth.

Also good to see alot of the old Siege players posting. Well old to me that is.

Adrianas

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Economics 101.
- We can have a character on Siege *and* we can create 7 characters on every shard, if we so wished.
- There are people who keep multiple accounts *so* they can have multiple characters on Siege.
- Yes, there is the issue of one house per account - but if someone does have multiple accounts, they can always have one house here and another on another shard - or they can just log their characters out at an Inn or Tavern (like my characters are logged out on Nappa right now).

As long as Siege is 1 character per account, why on earth would they want to change that? Or cancel Siege? If they took down Siege, whether or not they allowed characters to transfer (and I think they would), they would lose accounts as some people closed down the extra accounts they might currently have just so they can have multiple characters on Siege.

My bet is that the cost of keeping/running a shard is much less than the accounts that might be shut down if they did away with Siege - and you can bet your $10 - $14 dollars a month that they know it, too.

Thus, the bottom line is this - if you like Siege, stay and play. If you don't, you can always keep your one character (or more) on Siege, and go to some other shard and create more characters.

But any talk about them taking down Siege, now or later, is a scare tactic and nothing more.

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would say NO to tranfer if Siege was active but it's not.... Now this is not for me before anyone get's all fired up. I have everything I need on Atlantic and I have nothing on Siege accept my Keep because I lost pretty much everything I had when I let my Keep fall.

But I think they should allow a one time transfer to those players who have spent all there time playing Siege. Think about if you love Siege the way we all did in the past you didn't even bother with a prodo shard I know I sure as hell didn't I spent all my time right here on SP farming gold, items etc. I think those players should be allowed to tranfer there hard work to a more active shard if they desire to do so.

Again this would not help me in any way at all. But I think those who farmed here and still love the game should be allowed to transfer to another shard where they can still enjoy the game actually playing with people and not running around a ghost town.

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why do you need the skills on a different shard? For years everyone has been posting, how you could make a 6 x 120 char in 2 days on a trammy shard.

S

Sunchicken

Why do you need the skills on a different shard? For years everyone has been posting, how you could make a 6 x 120 char in 2 days on a trammy shard.
Well it isnt that hard to do, but it is expensive to acuire the popular powerscroll/stat scrolls to make a high end template.
I dont have the time to sink into farming the items i have already acuired here. Why should i get punished for the lack of time mythic invested into siege.
I came to siege because i liked the thought of being able to go anywhere and attack anyone i chose to. I enjoyed myself while there was a fair amount of players, yet with the population dwindeling it becomes extreamly boring wandering the MASSIVE LANDS that now make uo to have the possiblity to maybe find one of twenty regular players.

With ultima online not being advertised there is no chance of a significant number of new players. This in turn means the likelyhood of the population of siege increasing is slight to none im afraid.

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well it isnt that hard to do, but it is expensive to acuire the popular powerscroll/stat scrolls to make a high end template.
I dont have the time to sink into farming the items i have already acuired here. Why should i get punished for the lack of time mythic invested into siege.
I came to siege because i liked the thought of being able to go anywhere and attack anyone i chose to. I enjoyed myself while there was a fair amount of players, yet with the population dwindeling it becomes extreamly boring wandering the MASSIVE LANDS that now make uo to have the possiblity to maybe find one of twenty regular players.

With ultima online not being advertised there is no chance of a significant number of new players. This in turn means the likelyhood of the population of siege increasing is slight to none im afraid.
This...

I sometimes compare us on Siege to imbreding at its finest lol The main core stays the same year after year, new blood slowly comes in but for the most part they tend to fade away after a few months once the novelty wears off and those that end up staying here fulltime never really replace the Siege Vets who finally quit the game or go on an extended break

Hoffs

Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe the Siege population fell below the critical level a couple of years ago. After that, the numbers playing here were insufficient to encourage most new players and returning vets to stay around for long and the downward spiral just accelerated.

We tried desperately to warn the Devs of this but they simply had no interest in Siege whatsoever. Supposedly they were too busy with other things like SA, but that would not have stopped the live team helping a little or even throwing the shard some free publicity on the Herald, etc.

V

Vaelix

*Disclaimer*

* As rare as it is, you people are honestly making me "Lose my cool" or.. in other words .. get angry, so keep in mind, Im feeling very "Blow Upy" reading your bull**** *

You people need to get off of this "If Siege isnt for you" total bull**** that you seem to be stuck on. That is ****ing ridiculous... Most of us that are on here "telling you how much the shard we quick sucks" invested *YEARS* into siege perilous..

Here **** it, lets make a compromise..

Siege Perilous was for me...

Before it wasnt a shard full of ***** stealther pvpers, ***** stealth crafters, ***** stealth stealthers.

I like challenge, I like difficulty, I liked logging into siege and fighting with people who wanted to fight me back..

I DO NOT however, like searching the shard for 9 hours.. to finally run into someone, and have them smoke bomb the INSTANT they see my Red or Faction name.

What siege is now.. isnt for me.. because what YOU have turned it into, The exact same people who are in here spewing this same bull****, the only people that are left are the ones who "Adapted" as kelmo loves to put it... And that evolved the shard into a Carebear, stealth, gear crying bunch of *******, which I do not enjoy playing with.

Yeah, the devs are partially to blame, So am I for leaving the shard, but guess what **** bags, you are JUST as much to blame for turning the shard into something that I'd want to leave.

When I joined and played siege perilous, it was for me, it wasn't until the shard evolved into what you branded as "Adaption" that the luster faded.

Do not sit here and rant on and on with "Siege isnt for you.. Blah Blah Blah" because its ****ing ********, I would love to go back to what Siege perilous was.. But as long as there are players who "Adapt" by turning the game into either Cry Babys over gear, or Pussys who refuse to even acknowledge a fight via stealth, its not going to happen.

We pvpers tried... We talked.. We stayed.. I wrote up how many ****ing posts arguing with Kat and you Non faction kids trying to get SOMEONE to pvp?

My final thoughts are..

Siege perilous was for me, but the Bad/Non pvpers turned the shard into something I cannot stand, you either cried about gear, refused to fight with stealth, or ganked the **** out of the real pvpers until there was no point, And we left..

Dont sit here and tell me that "Siege perilous" isnt for me... because its only what YOU have turned the shard into.. that isnt for me, blame yourselves just as much as you blame me.

And i'll say this, if you people jump on my post with your "Well siege is better off without you, Bye!" ****.. Thats fine, Thats the mindset that got you here in the first place, dig a bigger hole.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Your blame seems to be misplaced, in my opinion. The non PvP population did not ruin your game. We have merely adapted to the environment to survive as best we can.

We know the majority of PvPers are really PKs that will attempt to kill any player they come across. Miner, Lumberjack, or just a misplaced soul wandering and exploring. It matters not if the character is equipped for "battle" or not.

It is a popular mis conception that Siege is a "PvP' shard. It is very obviously not.

Can't find a fight? Blame the PvPers. We are not playing Target On Line. We are merely surviving to see what comes next.

E

Elmer Fudd

Your blame seems to be misplaced, in my opinion. The non PvP population did not ruin your game. We have merely adapted to the environment to survive as best we can.

We know the majority of PvPers are really PKs that will attempt to kill any player they come across. Miner, Lumberjack, or just a misplaced soul wandering and exploring. It matters not if the character is equipped for "battle" or not.

It is a popular mis conception that Siege is a "PvP' shard. It is very obviously not.

Can't find a fight? Blame the PvPers. We are not playing Target On Line. We are merely surviving to see what comes next.

Just Wow!!!!

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please don't twist the facts. Actually it was you tough guys who forced stealth on anyone else. You liked the cheap and easy kills. Don't you think i got bored of getting pked by all the stealth-dog-archer-pkers like crystal etc who attack when you are already at low health? If you tough pvpers had even the smallest kind of balls you would ride in like in the old days and fight. You (not you personally) made me choose stealth so i have even a tiny chance to escape.

I'd prefer to restore my tamer (non pvp tamer ...) to the former skillset without any stealth.

Of course you took the easy way and blame the non pvpers. I never came here and cried about equipment / ganking / stealth. I fought back until it became some 1/2 hit kills stealth archer garbage. Then I simply adapted to the playstyle which the kill-anything-on-sight-ganks forced upon me.

V

Vaelix

Please don't twist the facts. Actually it was you tough guys who forced stealth on anyone else. You liked the cheap and easy kills.
Your gonna stop right ****ing there...

Do not ever tell me.. that I enjoy easy kills.. You have NO idea how farther from the truth that is...

Here is a little thing that I have said over and over and over...

Pkers like to pick on newbies and get easy kills.
Pvpers are interested in the Fight that got them there.

I am a Pvper, I could give two ****s about killing you... the *ONLY* thing that I am interested is the Bad ass fight that got me to the kill.. And a Gank is NEVER a Bad ass fight..

I have not, and never will, be interested in players exactly like you and Kelmo for the EXACT reason, that you are an easy kill and offers me no challenge at all, Casting a Flamestrike on someone and killing them that easily, is boring and something I have never been a part of.

V

Vaelix

Get this through your heads btw..

"Bad/Non Pvpers"

Means *BOTH* Bad *AND* Non Pvpers..

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please relax Vaelix.

I did not intend to attack you personally. The "you" i used stands for all the ***** pvpers who forced me to destroy my pvm templates and not you in person. I know i had many encounters with pvpers who used to kill me but only took the stuff i was farming so i could continure quickly. But these encounters became so rare that i had to "adapt". Sorry ...

My dexer/fisher/bard/crafter have no stealth so iam still around. The tamer is collecting dust since they introduced those new nightmares / greater dragons (don't have those).

V

Vaelix

Please relax Vaelix.

I did not intend to attack you personally. The "you" i used stands for all the ***** pvpers who forced me to destroy my pvm templates and not you in person. I know i had many encounters with pvpers who used to kill me but only took the stuff i was farming so i could continure quickly. But these encounters became so rare that i had to "adapt". Sorry ...

My dexer/fisher/bard/crafter have no stealth so iam still around. The tamer is collecting dust since they introduced those new nightmares / greater dragons (don't have those).
The thing is.. The people that you adapted to.. These PKers... ARE TERRIBLE PVPERS.

BUT!!! You adapted to stealth specifically because its *EASY*.... Its easy to survive with stealth..

Its easier to put on Stealth than learn to fight back.

You used krystal in your example and I cannot think of a better one myself, Krystal was an absolutely terrible pvper.. Anyone with half a brain could out preform her on her stealth archer, but you people are so unwilling to do so, that Stealth being the easier option, is more appealing.

Mook Chessy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well said brother!

You posted again...my reply was to your first post.

I agree Krystal was a Pker but I fought side by side with herealso and she did fine. What people didnt know is she ran GM gear...here Blessed Robe and Bow where the only items other then GM.

Ill stack here up against anyone GM against GM.

Trolls T Hunter

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"I have not, and never will, be interested in players exactly like you and Kelmo for the EXACT reason, that you are an easy kill and offers me no challenge at all, Casting a Flamestrike on someone and killing them that easily, is boring and something I have never been a part of."

I'm not sure why your cussing out stealthing crafters then. You make it sound like stealthing crafters/Pve'ers ruined the shard when it's probably stealthing PvPers that is really your source or angst.

Hoffs

Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
PLEASE don't start the PvP whining attacks. The PvPers are the ones who used to do most of the moaning on the boards. I used to get sick of you pancakes at each other about one thing or another, or about the latest PvP template that needed nerfing. Non-PvPers used to make up the majority of the population and the shard has lost most of them too. The reason why they are mostly the ones left is simply because they don't need large numbers of other people to do their "thing", whilst PvPs, by definition, need an active population.

All this pancakes is misplaced. Siege has become what it is for three main reasons:

a) The lack if care by the Devs in caring for the shard, either by promoting Siege or making timely fixes to various issues.

b) The general fall in the UO population and the consequent lack of new players coming to the shard to replace those who leave.

c) The inability of most UO/MMO players to accept any kind of risk and their desire to have everything handed to them on a silver plate.

So stop blaming one group or another of those people who do/did play on Siege for its downfall.

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Before it wasnt a shard full of ***** stealther pvpers, ***** stealth crafters, ***** stealth stealthers.

I like challenge, I like difficulty, I liked logging into siege and fighting with people who wanted to fight me back..

I DO NOT however, like searching the shard for 9 hours.. to finally run into someone, and have them smoke bomb the INSTANT they see my Red or Faction name.

What siege is now.. isnt for me.. because what YOU have turned it into, The exact same people who are in here spewing this same bull****, the only people that are left are the ones who "Adapted" as kelmo loves to put it... And that evolved the shard into a Carebear, stealth, gear crying bunch of *******, which I do not enjoy playing with.

none of my chars have the scardy cat skils and never will.

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a different wonderful view, of our diverse players of Siege Perilous.

Perhaps I am alone in this concept, but here goes :

[youtube]n-KPGh3wysw[/youtube]

V

Vaelix

Stealth crafters are bad because it only encourages the mindset that you need to run and hide no matter what to survive.

Obviously a crafter isnt going to fend off a pvper, but when you accept the mindset above.. It will apply itself to your style of game play..

Look at the server for your proof.

What I want, is for you people to realize you dont have to run and hide when a Pvper jumps on your screen.. Learn to fight back for gods sake.

Know why PKers arn't a threat to us? Because when they did try to kill us on various characters, we would put them right into the dirt.. The result? The Pker leaves your alone.

Less of the "I NEED to run and hide" mindset
More of the "Wow I can actually fight back" mindset

One of the things I did when mook joined siege was tell him to go stealth for various reasons.. THAT WAS BAD... Bad advice.. It only breeds more of the stuff thats bad for the game.. A Shard full of stealthers is a boring shard for 'Everyone', unless you want single player mode, or no risk.

I actually 100% Agree with this right here..

"a) The lack if care by the Devs in caring for the shard, either by promoting Siege or making timely fixes to various issues.

b) The general fall in the UO population and the consequent lack of new players coming to the shard to replace those who leave.

c) The inability of most UO/MMO players to accept any kind of risk and their desire to have everything handed to them on a silver plate."

However, the mindset (A word I like obviously) of the generalized public for siege perilous is that You need to run, hide, survive, and win at all cost, and it has and is ruining the shard.

Symma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Strange strange thread...

Anyway, alot of people seem to be forgetting that its in our nature to want to survive. Even in videogames, people will look for the option that gives them the most protection.

I'm not going to argue about the rights or wrongs of Stealth. Or how its killed Siege...

Just that if a feature is included in a game, the majority of people will use it if it increases their survivability.

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a different wonderful view, of our diverse players of Siege Perilous.

Perhaps I am alone in this concept, but here goes :

[youtube]n-KPGh3wysw[/youtube]
Nice screenshots QZ....if Siege was that busy still people would not be even discussing transfering from Siege.

I would be curious to how many actually log in on Siege at the same time on average?? 5 .... 10......15 or perhaps even 25 during primetime now??

Hera - Siege

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: DEVS: Don't let us transfer off Siege.

I can grab a 120 resist or 120 magery on ATL no problem, train it up in a day or two. It basically makes ROT useless.
You do realize you can do the SAME thing on Siege now that they have removed the skill limit caps? Really not that difficult using the same method.

-H

Hera - Siege

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stealth crafters are bad because it only encourages the mindset that you need to run and hide no matter what to survive.

Obviously a crafter isnt going to fend off a pvper, but when you accept the mindset above.. It will apply itself to your style of game play..

The unfortunate thing is that this is how it used to be back in the day, people WOULD fight back, even against the uneven odds and the Pk'ers were often kind enough to rez, let you get your armor back and gate you out. [You'd lose gold, reags, loot, etc.] but weren't left stranded and armorless.

Then the era of the dry loot began, why wouldn't people take stealth if they know if they fight back, despite putting up the good fight and maybe giving the PvP a run for their money, if they lose they'll be dry looted and left? I'm not saying it happened all the time, but it certainly happened more often than not.

Stealth did contribute to the reduced siege population, I agree with you in the respect, but it's only a single factor in a multitude of factors that did.

-H

C

chanshaw

Anyone notice this is one of the hottest threads but we are still ignored by the Dev team? I'm hoping the classic shard is actually classic. This shard is dead. And stop saying everyone is a stealther, no one is stealthing, the stealthers are like God on Siege, they don't really exsist.

Symma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've always had stealth here. Mainly because when I started here I intended to be a thief (after my thief having nothing to steal on Europa) but i got distracted by other skills lol.

I use Stealth only for IDOCs nowadays to annoy Diablo at them lol. Anyway, a couple of earthquakes quickly finish off my naked character.

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice screenshots QZ....if Siege was that busy still people would not be even discussing transfering from Siege.

I would be curious to how many actually log in on Siege at the same time on average?? 5 .... 10......15 or perhaps even 25 during primetime now??
Thank you !

I did not post those screenshots to show how busy we once were, and are not now, but instead, to show we were once such a tight community of peculiar diversities. We as a community seemed to be far above, putting others down here for their characters' templates, or blaming each other for Siege's downfall.

We seemed a tighter far more tightly connected community of...all sorts of us.

We CAN blame one another for the demise of population here, but we all know in reality the real truth, we as a community have died, of neglect.

One screenshot is of ALL of us, coming together in Wintermoor, to meet with Wilki to discuss our issues, but alas no one has even come here since, to discuss any issues, with the EA UO customer base of Siege Perilous, since that yr. that I know of anyhow. :(

All those people diverse as they we all were, all have left UO and Siege over all these years, for their own various reasons, but not neccessarily due to, EACH OTHER, of us all.

We didn't blame US nor each other, whom have played here, for what has happened to Siege.
We all knew where the true blame really lied, and it was not with any of us, not really. :(

That is the Siege Perilous, that 'I choose' and prefer to remember, regardless of templates, hues etc. of my memories, are the good times and the laughter, of Siege Perilous as a tight knit community, which shall remain in my memories, of all of the great times, WE, each of us, all had once, TOGETHER, *hense the song* !

I am not gonna play the *blame game* on/at each of the rest of us.

I am just am old UO vet weirdo that liked nearly ALL of us too much here, on Siege, to DO THAT, at any of us. I also miss us all, too much to do that to/at us, any of us too. :grouphug::grouphug:

I really do not believe, that WE, any of us in particular, are the problem of Siege's demise, although I know many others here would disagree, heartily with me. NP ! We all have our own views ! :)

Everyone has left UO and Siege for good, over the many years [for their own assorted reasons], yet most of those reasons, stemmed from, Siege needing some attentions & fixes that Siege, as a customer base of EA UO, has not received.

I would give anything to drag up the health bars to fire me bow, with 0 archery skillz, upon WyRm or Yasou once again, as a mere crafter [albeit quite fatal], when I did so, just cuz it was so much, fun.

I would give anything too, to have someone COME talk to our community, all together again, like the one time we had Wilki come to Siege, least in that 1 screenie, someone did come to Siege Perilous, once upon a time, 'to try' to speak/address our concerns here, on Siege.

V

Vaelix

You'll notice that I also accept responsibility for my actions and what it has done for Siege Perilous as a whole.

At least I'm willing to admit that I had a hand in what destroyed siege perilous instead of throwing it all EAs way.

Instead of remaining oblivious to that fact by "Not wanting to play the blame game"

Mook Chessy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Look at the server for your proof.

What I want, is for you people to realize you dont have to run and hide when a Pvper jumps on your screen.. Learn to fight back for gods sake.

Know why PKers arn't a threat to us? Because when they did try to kill us on various characters, we would put them right into the dirt.. The result? The Pker leaves your alone.

Less of the "I NEED to run and hide" mindset

One of the things I did when mook joined siege was tell him to go stealth for various reasons.. THAT WAS BAD... Bad advice.. It only breeds more of the stuff thats bad for the game.. A Shard full of stealthers is a boring shard for 'Everyone', unless you want single player mode, or no risk.

I actually 100% Agree with this right here..

"a) The lack if care by the Devs in caring for the shard, either by promoting Siege or making timely fixes to various issues.

c) The inability of most UO/MMO players to accept any kind of risk and their desire to have everything handed to them on a silver plate."

However, the mindset (A word I like obviously) of the generalized public for siege perilous is that You need to run, hide, survive, and win at all cost, and it has and is ruining the shard.
I do remember that conversation in vent...I made my first chat a straight dexxer, as soon as peps discovered, no ninja or hiding I was dismounted 50 times a night, so I put on hiding/ninja/stealth...as you told me too.

We did use that template for a while and it was fun...6 stealthing archers can drop a person quick...I did go back to my template as I always want to be able to 1v1.

For my last year on Siege I ran no hide/steath/ninja...with myst resist is needed and I like having bushy.

It was around 4 years ago when I came to siege and it was great, we had huge fights, I can remember tnt having 20 peps in vent. For alot of reasons, I guess everyone has their own, siege slowly died.

I do not see why people are so against x sharding off siege, why do they care so much about my stuff?

That would be like me starting a thread where I call anyone still playing siege an idiot...but I dont, they can do what they want, its a free country...thxs Asty/Mono/Davy/Tek and all the others!

If you have no desire to cross shard then simply stay out a cross sharding thread, seems easy to me.

Last point...I would consider selling my Siege trinny swamp castle for gold on Atl...80 mil. Not a bad deal.

Funny I cross sharded 200 million to buy it...maybe Bernie Madoff works for EA

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You'll notice that I also accept responsibility for my actions and what it has done for Siege Perilous as a whole.

At least I'm willing to admit that I had a hand in what destroyed siege perilous instead of throwing it all EAs way.

Instead of remaining oblivious to that fact by "Not wanting to play the blame game"
I do not feel I am oblivious, nor have I chosen to go that way.

After all the arguements on forum here over the ages, of how best to ask for fixes for Siege and none of us agreed ever hardly, on a damn thing.

We can, most of us step up to the plate to admit that much. I know I can.
All we have done, often as a community, [is to ARGUE], accomplishing nothing positive, happening FOR Siege, as a shard.

Kinda hard to be oblivious to the myriads of causes, for this shard's demise, including all of us whom disagreed & argued over every hopeful fix, we had hoped to get, nor to just blame EA, alone, even if I sounded, that way.

We are ALL at fault, to some degree for never agreeing on a damn thing
ever to present to the dev. team, to help this shard !

But on the other hand, I do not see the point, to [further continue] blaming this or that whomevers, via post threads time and time again & again, for Siege's dwindled down population, over the yrs.

It just seems moot pointless.

What purpose is there [to further continue], beating up on a dog that is whipped, down, defeated, wounded, near death, and to continue, to beat up on that same dog ie our shard here, any further. :bdh:

Beatin up a dyin dog isn't gonna resolve a thing, will it ?

A dead dog ain't gonna hunt no more, nor rise again, no matter how much we continue, to blame or beat up on it further ! It needs a burial, or a res !