• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

DEVS: Let us transfer off Siege.

C

chanshaw

I have been playing Ultima Online on and off for the since T2A. I used to love Siege, I loved the challenge, but it's so dead it's crazy. You guys need to do something about it, either let players transfer off Siege or allow people to own a house on Siege without affecting another shard. At least you would make some money off the transfers.

E

Elmer Fudd

Agreed....

I already left a couple weeks ago and have given in to the crafter run shard....they win UO....congrats....back to fun PvP again...UO has become fun to me again....non stop PvP and excitement...its awsome...best wishes

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, blame it on the crafters, who havn't left siege, that siege is dead...

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Try UHall instead, chanshaw...

E

Elmer Fudd

Yes, blame it on the crafters, who havn't left siege, that siege is dead...
I didnt....its a statment champ....thats all thats left on Siege...its a statment...only thing left on siege is crafters.....So ie.........they win UO.....cya

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Agreed. Transfers off, but not on...

It's high time it's done.
Why do people oppose transfers to siege? Of course i'm opposed to being able to bring items to siege, and im not even sure if there is a way that a naked transfer could be implemented, but i would love to delete my outdated character and bring another over, but would not spend the time needed to train up and scroll a new one.

Shh!

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been playing Ultima Online on and off for the since T2A. I used to love Siege, I loved the challenge, but it's so dead it's crazy. You guys need to do something about it, either let players transfer off Siege or allow people to own a house on Siege without affecting another shard. At least you would make some money off the transfers.
No. Everyone knew the rules when they started a character here. If you want to leave, fine. Start a new toon on another shard. It's that easy. However, I second your motion to allow a second house here. Not sure it will turn things around but it couldn't hurt.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Why do people oppose transfers to siege? Of course i'm opposed to being able to bring items to siege, and im not even sure if there is a way that a naked transfer could be implemented, but i would love to delete my outdated character and bring another over, but would not spend the time needed to train up and scroll a new one.
The reason I oppose it is because naked or not, sooner or later someone WILL find a way to mess Siege up (as they did prodo) with this transfer service...

N49ATV

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It would just be nice to take all the SS people have aquired and filled, and take them off the shard.

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Definitely for transferring off of siege. I'd love to bring my 14 soul stones over!

Transferring TO siege though? Why bother? Who would bother? Siege is dead for a reason...

In all honesty though, it ain't no THANG to start on atlantic. Spend 100 *CAN'T SAY HERE* on gold, join factions, ask someone if you can get a kill to go rank 10, buy silver/gear/scrolls and hire an imbuer.

BTW: The crafters on atlantic actually make real gear! That's right, not otherwise modless LRC suits!

Train for 3-4 days afk per char with *CAN'T SAY HERE* and you're in business.

Oh, and if you can't justify spending 100 *CAN'T SAY HERE* on UO, just tell your wife AND yourself that there are more expensive hobbies you can have, including going to bars, collecting things, being a fat diabetic on disability, playing ANY console game (60 bucks per game buddy!), and the list goes on.

Plus, you'll always be able to sell your stuff off and sell your gold to get your money back! Sometimes it's even a good investment!

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Buy stuff for cash and afk macroing?

Sounds like a blast...

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Definitely for transferring off of siege. I'd love to bring my 14 soul stones over!

Transferring TO siege though? Why bother? Who would bother? Siege is dead for a reason...

In all honesty though, it ain't no THANG to start on atlantic. Spend 100 *CAN'T SAY HERE* on gold, join factions, ask someone if you can get a kill to go rank 10, buy silver/gear/scrolls and hire an imbuer.

BTW: The crafters on atlantic actually make real gear! That's right, not otherwise modless LRC suits!

Train for 3-4 days afk per char with *CAN'T SAY HERE* and you're in business.

Oh, and if you can't justify spending 100 *CAN'T SAY HERE* on UO, just tell your wife AND yourself that there are more expensive hobbies you can have, including going to bars, collecting things, being a fat diabetic on disability, playing ANY console game (60 bucks per game buddy!), and the list goes on.

Plus, you'll always be able to sell your stuff off and sell your gold to get your money back! Sometimes it's even a good investment!
Then just go. Siege will be better off and Atlantic will hardly notice.

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hate to say it, but I agree as well, let people get their soulstones off Siege if they want to leave.

Shh!

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hate to say it, but I agree as well, let people get their soulstones off Siege if they want to leave.
If, and only if, they shut Siege down. You knew the deal when you bought/claimed them.

Blind Otto

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: DEVS: Don't let us transfer off Siege.

There could be another way.
Let people duplicate their way in, without gear.
Let players on other shards (who do not already have a Siege character) copy their chosen character here.
Decide on a reasonable "starter kit" to stick in their bank box, and let them have at it.
Blazes, if it will encourage play here, let them get rewards on their home shard for every week of time accrued here - but put the focus on bringing people here, not getting your own miserable hides off!!!

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The key would be what is easiest for the dev's to implement

To me that would almost be the old school way to transfer. Get all your gear and stuff ready and page a GM. Since GM's are hard to get these days hehe It would almost have to be a regular transfer token or code

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Let players on other shards (who do not already have a Siege character) copy their chosen character here.
Decide on a reasonable "starter kit" to stick in their bank box, and let them have at it.
Blazes, if it will encourage play here, let them get rewards on their home shard for every week of time accrued here - but put the focus on bringing people here, not getting your own miserable hides off!!!
There is one problem with that, it then becomes unreasonable to train anything but crafting and taming on siege....I can grab a 120 resist or 120 magery on ATL no problem, train it up in a day or two. It basically makes ROT useless.

What I would be for though is allowing people to place houses here (though it needs some sort of restriction, otherwise people will come here, fill up all the housing, then go back to playing on ATL leaving permanent unused houses taking up all the prime spots) and some sort of system for transfering soulstones (blanked of course). I have a bunch of red and blue soulstones on origin and the hardest thing for me in coming to siege was starting over with none and not having any vet rewards to claim (imho siege vet rewards should be separate from prodo, since no shard transfer is allowed)

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Agree with all you said there, but especially that last part. Good grief, letting people transfer out would definitely be the end.

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If, and only if, they shut Siege down. You knew the deal when you bought/claimed them.
Thats true, but IMO the players have already shut Siege down, its just that the Dev's are behind as usual. Its only a matter of time before they do a load study and realize its not worth the cost of the server.

I'm not proud of this fact, just stating what we all know is true. I would like to stay on Siege but its just not worth my $13 a month to do so. In fact, the only reason I play on Siege occasionally is because of my guild and the fact that my LA characters are on the same account as my Siege character.

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Agree with all you said there, but especially that last part. Good grief, letting people transfer out would definitely be the end.
It's been tried, the Dev's are not really interested in saving Siege, they have given us lip service and nothing else. You know that, you were part of the ones communicating to them. Your guild leaving didn't help the problem. If the players don't want to stick it out why should the Dev's care? I don't blame ya'll for leaving, its money out of your pocket, but surely you see how hypocritic it sounds for you to agree with that statement?

S

Sunchicken

I wish they would let us transfer from siege. I would have the ability to close an acount or two if so. God knows id love to have my soulstones and skills on them elsewhere. I would even leave my uber lewts, pretty sandles and just take vet rewards, chars, and soulstones(that are not vet rewards).

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

It's been tried, the Dev's are not really interested in saving Siege, they have given us lip service and nothing else. You know that, you were part of the ones communicating to them. Your guild leaving didn't help the problem. If the players don't want to stick it out why should the Dev's care? I don't blame ya'll for leaving, its money out of your pocket, but surely you see how hypocritic it sounds for you to agree with that statement?
No hypocrisy here. I tried until I was blue in the face, to do everything I could to help Siege. Answer me this: Why should we stick around after it became crystal clear the devs didn't care at all about Siege?

Its a two way street and I ain't the one drivin' the hypocritmobile!

My point was that if the devs allowed a one way xfer off of Siege, it would be the final nail in the coffin for those who are still there. If you wanna leave, leave, but don't kill it for the rest.

UncleSham

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you need soulstones on prodo ? what the hell for ?
(you get at least 5 chars per account)

as someone else said, you knew the deal . no .

you want to bail now ? fine ... RUN.

ive played prodo for years ... (been there, screw that).
this time my feet are firmly planted on SIEGE. when it actually dies , that will be all for me thank you very much .
but if you really want to go play with barney i wont stop you .

just remember when barney decides to be a jerk and then run to trammel there wont be SQUAT you can do about it.
you thought it was bad when people started house hiding ? damn ...

play there long enough, you'll find out.

ill be here. (whether you find me or not)

now if you'll excuse me , i have friends to um ... interact with.
(just cause i dont want to bash them in the head doesnt mean we're not enjoying the game) :party:

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

No hypocrisy here. I tried until I was blue in the face, to do everything I could to help Siege. Answer me this: Why should we stick around after it became crystal clear the devs didn't care at all about Siege?

Its a two way street and I ain't the one drivin' the hypocritmobile!

My point was that if the devs allowed a one way xfer off of Siege, it would be the final nail in the coffin for those who are still there. If you wanna leave, leave, but don't kill it for the rest.
Yeah, I hear ya. I know you tried with the Dev's and don't think it wasn't appreciated. And I agree with you, why stick around when the dev's dont care.

I'm not trying to kill it for everyone, as you said those who want to leave can leave, I just think the transfers should be allowed before they do kill it.

As far as final nail in the coffin, I think we are pretty much there already.

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you need soulstones on prodo ? what the hell for ?
(you get at least 5 chars per account)

as someone else said, you knew the deal . no .

you want to bail now ? fine ... RUN.

ive played prodo for years ... (been there, screw that).
this time my feet are firmly planted on SIEGE. when it actually dies , that will be all for me thank you very much .
but if you really want to go play with barney i wont stop you .

just remember when barney decides to be a jerk and then run to trammel there wont be SQUAT you can do about it.
you thought it was bad when people started house hiding ? damn ...

play there long enough, you'll find out.

ill be here. (whether you find me or not)

now if you'll excuse me , i have friends to um ... interact with.
(just cause i dont want to bash them in the head doesnt mean we're not enjoying the game) :party:
I got 7 characters on LA, no room for another character and I have more soulstones than I need there. I don't need the character and dont need the gold, so I wouldn't use the transfer even if they offered it. I'll keep my guy on Siege until it is gone. However, since the dev's are set on ignore, I think its the least they could do at this point. People who would consider transferring characters off of Siege are probably not active on Siege anyway and I see no reason they should lose their hard work.

Ask yourself this, why are you so against it? Does it really effect you? You wanna stay, then great. The people who would take the transfer arent playing now anyway, so whats really gonna change?

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Yeah, I hear ya. I know you tried with the Dev's and don't think it wasn't appreciated. And I agree with you, why stick around when the dev's dont care.

I'm not trying to kill it for everyone, as you said those who want to leave can leave, I just think the transfers should be allowed before they do kill it.
Agreed. I think that would be the right thing to do if they were to shut it down.

As far as final nail in the coffin, I think we are pretty much there already.
I can agree with you there too, but we both have friends still hanging on. I don't want to see them shoved out the door. :(

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lets put it this way...would you rather see people still in the Ultima Online system and playing Siege Perilous partly as well as another shard or just people fed up with the game and quitting completely

Does it really matter if they transfer out a character??

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
If... the Devs ever devote time to Siege, I certainly would not want to see that time wasted on something like this.

You want to play else where? By all means do so. Just do not ask for the devs to drive yet another nail.

UncleSham

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what im against is the further deterioration of siege . i try to get people to come here , not make it easy to leave ... how much easier do you want it ?

i suppose if people really want to go , then go . im just sayin you dont really need soulstones on prodo . everythings too damn easy to come by there . its the main reason i came back to siege . (it wasnt a challenge anymore)

just my opinion ...

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
It is a valid opinion.

E

Elmer Fudd

If the dev's decide to drop siege off the map completly and not allow transfers, then im somewhat content for ALL of the people who stayed to loose all there pixels also....you know....the ones who have adapted to the game....LOL

While us who havent adapted are enjoying ourselves to the fullest....best wishes...those who dont want transfers, that just might come back and bite you in the fricking ass, and trust me, I will be the first to laugh at your adaptable ass when Siege is deleted one day.....LOL

UncleSham

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i think i see the problem here . you want to transfer out just before they shut us down . or do you mean ... now ?

i rather assumed the original poster meant now .
sure if they pull the plug it would only be fair to let people out at the end.
im not convinced they will pull the plug any time soon . im still fighting for survival .

personally ,ive played (and payed) for 13 years straight, but im done if siege gets wiped . you hear me ea ? no more money . probably ever . (i see how you run uo)

we want an EM and we want independent housing .
like the guy said , at this point what could it hurt?

sorry guys . i usually hold my tongue , but you guys seem ready to box up siege and bury it .

NO !

*shakes a defiant fist at the board*

WE ARE STILL HERE !

just cause you dont see us doesnt mean we arent there . im out there every day . i like my new galion , i will not go quietly ... and i will not go alone.

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who is saying they wish to leave completely??? I just wish to be able to move a few items and soulstones to another shard so I can play both?? I have supported Siege and its causes for the last 3 or 4 years...now I just wanna expand my horizons and play another shard as well.

You trying to tell me thats wrong or that we shouldn't be able to do this??

Mook Chessy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what im against is the further deterioration of siege . i try to get people to come here , not make it easy to leave ... how much easier do you want it ?

i suppose if people really want to go , then go . im just sayin you dont really need soulstones on prodo . everythings too damn easy to come by there . its the main reason i came back to siege . (it wasnt a challenge anymore)

just my opinion ...
IMHO it is just as easy to gather items/wealth on Siege...in 3 years

88 million gold
Luna house (paid 18 mil)
some of ther best gear on the shard
8 real arties
million silver
I did X shard gold to buy my castle.

My point is that Siege is no harder then any other shard, in fact monster ignore is the biggest easy button in all of UO and its only on Siege.

Please note I also work 9/5 mon-fri and have looted around 8 idocs on siege, the gold came from hunting and buying and selling items.

I few weeks ago Fudd posted that as it sits siege is the trammiest of trammy shards, no risk what so ever.

The one thing that I must point out is that I loved to play siege and still would, which is why I keep my accounts open.

Most of the positive poster in this thread talk about "we here" I say really...

How many people do you really think you are playing with, I would bet on any given night Siege has no more the 20 people on, is that MMO.

The game was designed to be played by hundreds on each server, then they added insane amounts of land mass.

At this point your almost playing a one person shooter game, sorry thats not for me.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For what its worth, Kael, I don't think its wrong to want that. Its clear the devs don't give a rats ass about Siege. The very least they can do is let you collect your things on another shard, if they insist on ignoring Siege. I guess a very small, naive part of me is still holding onto hope that the devs will finally wake up and give Siege the attention it deserves.

I really wish there was an emoticon of a smiley with its eyes squeeZed shut, fingers plugging its ears and singing "LALALALALAICAN'THEARYOU". :)

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You knew what you were getting into when you came here. If you want to leave, leave...but hahahahaha, you have to leave all of your stuff. Just part of the game, start over and deal with it, or stay. The choice has always been yours...you just need to decide what is worth more to you, other players, or your loot...la

E

Elmer Fudd

You knew what you were getting into when you came here. If you want to leave, leave...but hahahahaha, you have to leave all of your stuff. Just part of the game, start over and deal with it, or stay. The choice has always been yours...you just need to decide what is worth more to you, other players, or your loot...la
The Players...for sure

All the good ones left....which is the reason the shard sux ass now

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i think i see the problem here . you want to transfer out just before they shut us down . or do you mean ... now ?

i rather assumed the original poster meant now .
sure if they pull the plug it would only be fair to let people out at the end.
im not convinced they will pull the plug any time soon . im still fighting for survival .
For my part, I mean now. I really don't think anyone that would take this option is actively playing Siege anyway.

You make it sound if allowing transfers off is going to CAUSE people to leave. I disagree, I think this is for the people who have already decided to leave. For those people, Siege is already dead.

As I said, I wouldn't transfer stuff off anyway but I feel the Dev's owe it to the people who they have driven away from this shard by their lack of interest. What's the sense in making these people wait until the Dev's decide to close the shard if they have already left anyway?

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But then I would lose all that loot that you had in your houses...did you really need to go and buy colored bod book covers??

I also has fully developed chars and accounts on both Atlantic and Chessy..I was just hoping to save myself some time reworking a few skills thats all :)......la

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess the point is moot now anyways

Cal just PM'd me to let me know that despite his first thought being that it could happen it would need a re-write of the server code to accomplish this

I do want to say Cal has looked into this for me for the past couple of weeks, sending me updates via pm and shown me that they do have some customer service left ( even if the result wasn't what I had hoped for ) Thanks anyways Cal:thumbup1:

Shh!

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who is saying they wish to leave completely??? I just wish to be able to move a few items and soulstones to another shard so I can play both?? I have supported Siege and its causes for the last 3 or 4 years...now I just wanna expand my horizons and play another shard as well.

You trying to tell me thats wrong or that we shouldn't be able to do this??
Yes. You knew the rules when you bought/claimed the soulstones. It was not something that they surprised you with. If they shut Siege down, then yes, they should offer a way to get some things off the shard. Otherwise, nope. Buyer beware.

Shh!

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At this point your almost playing a one person shooter game, sorry thats not for me.
Awesome, that's what's great about UO over all the other MMORPGs out there: it's SO broad. Now, if Siege isn't for you, enjoy another shard.

You know, I left Catskills a few years ago and guess what? I didn't start posting on the Cats forums about how lame Cats was. I just came to play here.