Devs do you think it is a good idea to let the stranger loot drop on the floor?

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 14, 2008
Well, I dont think so. And that because of several reasons:

1. Low pinging gives you an advantage.

2. Necros with horde minions have an even bigger advantage.

3. People can just sit back and wait, maybe with horde minion, let others fight and die and then go and loot.

4. When you die in the end of fight or when box explodes you have barely chance to get anything.

My suggestion would be that everyone doing some damage gets some loot in a corpse. Let the box explode and poison the people after the stranger dies. Let everyone doing damage get a random loot with someone getting the box.

But thats only my suggestion.

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 11, 2003
Eastern USA
The loot from this event is protected under the new IDOC loot rules, which prevents scripted auto-looting, speed-looting, and abuse with summons.

It should be noted that this specific style of dropping loot is fairly restricted amongst mobs, and The Six are among a very small few of the others in this event arc that do so.
That was from a deleted thread.

FFA loot is a bad idea. No spin makes up for the fact that anyone can benefit from doing nothing. In a word....horrible.....*shakes head*

Thanks for clarifying Draconi, regardless of my opinion of the current situation.

M

mmmbeer

im not so sure bout this system...

we just fought kiel in luna and she ripped off like 6 of those light demon like flame walls...the LAG was HORRIBLE!!!!

K

ki-rin

i don't like this loot dropping on floor system one bit :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

who cares if people are scripted auto-looting and speed-looting their own instanced corpse on a boss monster like a df or a mysterious stranger? they do the damage, they get their share of the loot, it's all fair. only when people using scripted auto speed looting to loot me dry in 2 secs in pvp while i carry tons of little piles of bandages it pisses me off. so if you want to do something about scripted auto speed looting, do something about that please! now with this dropping on the floor system for the stranger loot, people don't even have to do anything to get the loot. and from the looks of it, it's always the same few people (because they're fast and they know how) that keep getting all the boxes! :lame:

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 15, 2008
Catskills Shard, Town of Minoc
All I can say is I saw loot flying off the screen as soon as the stranger died...

you know seeing items coming from thin air down to a person..... just a fast stream of them.

I wish everyone who did damage would get something dropped into their backpack instead....

Doomsday Dragon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 11, 2008
Why didn't this explode gold and gems to the floor and have a box that everyone could open with an instance of the loot inside like corpses?

ANYTHING would have been better than this.

I say that even though I will do no work in future spawns of these. I plan to sit around and collect free loot just because I can and still disagree with it.

That should say a whole lot too. You know its bad when someone not even working for the loot is complaining about not having to do any work to get it...

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
You know its bad when someone not even working for the loot is complaining about not having to do any work to get it...

Maybe because they're smart enough to realize the people willing to get in there and try to do some damage and risk dying aren't entirely clueless and after seeing that they aren't getting any of the good stuff they'll stay away, leaving the lazy greedy folks to perhaps finally have to do some work for what they want.

I kind of like what Valvakka had to say to Kealdia: "My task has the highest of all honors: to destroy the weak ones that succumbed to...that human." And finishing his discussion with Kealdia by saying, "Weak... Fake...."

I'm assuming that he's talking about destroying all the greedy folks who just had to have the glass daggers that Andrew was handing out. Perhaps they are also the folks whose greed will finally get the better of them as the Six arrive in our lands.

L

Lord Kynd

"Originally Posted by Draconi_EA
The loot from this event is protected under the new IDOC loot rules, which prevents scripted auto-looting, speed-looting, and abuse with summons."

sigh
great idea, to bad it didn't work :(
all day i've been hearing about how well there ground looter script works at picking this stuff up.
grumbles

Kelline

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2008
jewls & gold on ground? sounds ok

chest a free for all regardless of who attacks? unfair

the 2 strangers ive managed to get to, i didnt do much damage so yah i only got a few jems off ground

I say make the box like other monster & give everyone there own lil corpse

u hit it, u hurt it, so u earned it.......... not fair that I could just walk up, c the boxon ground & start lootin

B

Bubbles

Maybe if they threw in some tissue you coulda grabbed some of that up! woulda come in handy me thinks!

Lucy of Kenton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
I too think this system sux, even if it is protected it certainly doesnt seem that way and i also see the stream of stuff flying thru the air. i cud even name names and names that nobody would be shocked at. even if it is fair its not seen to be fair.

G

galefan2004

Well, I dont think so. And that because of several reasons:
You forgot that you have to cure your deadly poison if you fought the creature and you don't if you come on the scene after its dead. That means, while everyone else is ridding themselves the poisons anyone that just came on the scene is busy looting as quickly as possible.

G

galefan2004

I'm assuming that he's talking about destroying all the greedy folks who just had to have the glass daggers that Andrew was handing out. Perhaps they are also the folks whose greed will finally get the better of them as the Six arrive in our lands.
I have glass daggers on all of my characters including the ones I fight the Six with and the only thing I get that is coming to me is lots of gems and loot after my Cu beats the hell out of them in the fight.

Doomsday Dragon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 11, 2008
Maybe because they're smart enough to realize the people willing to get in there and try to do some damage and risk dying aren't entirely clueless and after seeing that they aren't getting any of the good stuff they'll stay away, leaving the lazy greedy folks to perhaps finally have to do some work for what they want.

I kind of like what Valvakka had to say to Kealdia: "My task has the highest of all honors: to destroy the weak ones that succumbed to...that human." And finishing his discussion with Kealdia by saying, "Weak... Fake...."

Right but don't misunderstand me either. I am only sitting back collecting loot for free because I refuse to do work and let people collect on it. If there was a group of people fighting one of these and everyone else was doing work I would jump in and help. But screw working for the loot if no one else is going to.

So like I was saying this is a crap system that was poorly thought out and should never have been put in.

A

Ash

All this open loot is why I just ignore the event all together. It is a complete insane method of dropping loot, and main ones that benefit are the ones that don't fight the monsters since as pointed out they aren't busy trying to heal, cure or paralyzed.

I have done peerless battles with people that couldn't help much and let them have all the loot. I have given good loot to complete strangers that claim to be returning vet. But those are times of my choosing, I will not sit there and do the work for every greedy looter that wants to just sit back and do nothing and reap rewards. I had same problem with the shadow lords as people would run in and use blackrock and stand back and wait for others to finish it off, so the first time someone tried this I told them 'all yours' and I left. (quite a few times I was shortly greeted by their unhappy ghosts)

As long as this looting system stands for these 'Six' count me out of this event.