• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Devs, can you lift the Keep ban in Tokuno please?

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You don't have to allow castles, but Keeps won't hurt will it? Ummmm, please and stuff...?

C

Connor_Graham

Believe it or not, I actually agree with you. I know a perfect spot that I'd love to place one at. I'd open my 2nd account back up just for that. Too bad it'll never happen. Even Ter Mur was originally designed to hold both castles and keeps but they decided to go with the extremely limited housing they have there now, which was pretty stupid imo.

Xenobia

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You don't have to allow castles, but Keeps won't hurt will it? Ummmm, please and stuff...?
I agree as well. But I think Keeps should be allowed EVERYWHERE. Not castles, but keeps. They aren't near the monstrosities that castles are so I don't see the point in leaving them out of Malas, Tokuno or Ter Mur.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Believe it or not, I actually agree with you. I know a perfect spot that I'd love to place one at. I'd open my 2nd account back up just for that. Too bad it'll never happen. Even Ter Mur was originally designed to hold both castles and keeps but they decided to go with the extremely limited housing they have there now, which was pretty stupid imo.
Thanks for agreeing with me, I apologize for my past transgressions towards ya (part of my New Years Res). I hope they at least consider it.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
"they" said that the new land, Ter Mur, underworld, abyss etc was only partially open and that more housing land will open......................

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for agreeing with me, I apologize for my past transgressions towards ya (part of my New Years Res). I hope they at least consider it.
Wait, I want in on this business! Uh, keeps are great, we should get to put them anywhere. *looks expectant*

S

Salya Sin

I've asked a few times for them to open up Malas... BUT... I want a castle... and with yesterday's IDOC and 5-6 people waiting to place for almost 2 hrs... and then the disappointment of the castle spot being taken by another lucky clicker... I am back to lamenting...

And imho... castles are not monstrous... I love it!

Has anyone asked in the Ask the Dev's section? I should do that...

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I own two keeps--one on LA and one on Origin--that I share with four guildmates. I hate the looks of the darn things; hate running around in them because they're so darn inefficient; and only consented to placing them because we really needed the storage. If I had the ability to get castle or even keep-level storage in a custom house, we'd be in custom houses by the end of the day, even if I had to move everything in the two keeps by myself!

Another thing about them that bugs me is the impression new players must get when they run into wall-to-wall keeps and castles in some areas on many shards, especially when they're full of BOD vendors that actually have nothing to sell. So much real estate being hogged by just a handful of people--it just seems inordinately selfish. I was very glad when it became obvious in the SA beta that at least the first areas opened up for housing in Ter Mur were reasonably sized. It gave me hope that the devs still have at least a little common sense left.

Xenobia

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I own two keeps--one on LA and one on Origin--that I share with four guildmates. I hate the looks of the darn things; hate running around in them because they're so darn inefficient; and only consented to placing them because we really needed the storage. If I had the ability to get castle or even keep-level storage in a custom house, we'd be in custom houses by the end of the day, even if I had to move everything in the two keeps by myself!

Another thing about them that bugs me is the impression new players must get when they run into wall-to-wall keeps and castles in some areas on many shards, especially when they're full of BOD vendors that actually have nothing to sell. So much real estate being hogged by just a handful of people--it just seems inordinately selfish. I was very glad when it became obvious in the SA beta that at least the first areas opened up for housing in Ter Mur were reasonably sized. It gave me hope that the devs still have at least a little common sense left.
Oh heck yeah! If they were to bump the storage in a custom house, you can bet your britches I would be in that in stead. I can lay things out so much more nicely in an 18x18 than I can in a keep. I actually own 2 in Fel and 2 in Tram and would drop them all if I could go to custom housing

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I think I would be happier if they granted us a 24x24 plot...

And allowed keep plots to be customed... 24x24...

That would make me very, very happy...

But as for the "easy" route .... yes ... I think it's high time they took them off the restricted list for Tokuno and Malas.

While they are at it..... in the lists of things yet remaining..... UNDONE... they need to give us access to the area's that are unplaceable.... currently for no valid reason.... give us something neat and new there... yes I'm saying "Poop or get off the pot!".... And I believe I heard... many many moons ago.. that we would be given some "quest" or something to be able to place in area's of the Abyss.... I VERY much want that fulfilled.... I'd love a plot in the Abyss.

J

jfkeach

Yeah, the keep and castle designs leave alot to be desired. I one of both on atlantic. Im emptying an 18x18 this weekend to give to a friend that needs a bigger house.

I would drop the castle for a 24x24 customizable house. Keep too. Not that I am any good at customizing, but because I hate the floorplans of the keep and castle.

Zayin666

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think I would be happier if they granted us a 24x24 plot...

And allowed keep plots to be customed... 24x24...

That would make me very, very happy...

Well me to... but there are lots of keeps placed that is placed in such a way that turning it into a 24*24 custom plot would make them illigal placed... some has trees in the non accessable areas and others have trees or other objects that fit into the "gaps" on the side and to the back of a keep...

Same with castles... lots of them have trees in the courtyard :(

A

altarego

This is nothing more than the same old rant:

"Dev's can you add another character to Siege?"

"Dev's can you add special moves back to ninjas on animal form?"

"Dev's can you add cotton back to Delucia in T2A and make it worth 100gp/bale?"

It's all about people wanting to pretend than a privilege is an entitlement - and it's kind of disgusting.

If you want a keep, a castle, or a tower, then go to Tram/Fel. If you want a more balanced PvP environment, go to Siege. If you want special abilities that serve you or your friends, then quit and make your own game. Stop trying to make something that UO is not, i.e. fair for everyone.

It has never been...and will never *be* completely fair for everyone. It's only what you make of it.

C

Connor_Graham

I'm sorry I pissed in your Cheerios this morning, but please don't take it out on everyone else. I simply couldn't find the bathroom and just had to use the nearest container. Thanks.

Y

Yalp

Please NO! For the love of all things Empress. Leave the bland, unimaginative, boring cold, stone keeps out of Tokuno. I understand peeps want more storage.. but the same chuckleheads who rushed to place a house in Ter Mur and promptly threw down a Brittania style abode will be the same ones who desecrate the beauty of Tok Islands with god awful keeps!

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Instead of allowing keeps and 24x24 plots they should just sell 20% extra storage for like 40 bucks online. Make it add onto the 40% you can get now.

Sellingahouse

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well I have a keep, castle, and 2 18x18s next to each other. I would love if we could use all the room in the castle and keeps, so much wasted space. Storage is nice but I want more room to deco. The only way to have a really big room in your house now is to make a box house, most people hate them. I want many big rooms in my house without the box house look. If UO would let us link and build houses next to each other they would make tons of money, I would open as many accounts as I could to get a hugh 40x40, 50x50, 80x80 plot to build on. I would be very happy with just being able to redo the keeps, or castle, or even just bigger plots.

Xenobia

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sorry I pissed in your Cheerios this morning, but please don't take it out on everyone else. I simply couldn't find the bathroom and just had to use the nearest container. Thanks.
You poked my PoFs!!!!!!! I poked back with my awesome toothpick in the other thread but forgot to add that it was enhanced, imbued AND PoF'd! So take that! lol

So Dev's, hows about bumping up all our storage in all our houses? eh? C'mon! It's the new year and all. You could take back all my snow statues and give me more storage...that would REALLY make me happy. (that sounded too much like begging didn't it?)

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wonder how practical it might be to provide a new storage increase based on the length of your subscription renewal period. For example, if you're currently paying six months at a time, you get a 50% bump. If you're paying three months at a time, you get a 25% bump. If you pay one month at a time you get a 10% bump. If the subscription renewal period changes to a shorter period or your account actually closes, 5 days after the change in status, random items in the house are deleted (if necessary) to bring house storage down to the original storage amount for the house based on account upgrades (i.e., ML and the purchase of additional storage/additional characters).

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Storage should be linked to account age if anything, definately not the length of your billing cycle. If a house is traded from an older account to a younger one then items shouldn't be deleted but rather the owner shouldn't be allowed to lock down or add any more items to secures until its below the storage limit.

S

Smokin

I would rather they have a contest if they do open the lands in Malas, which they said they would later but never happened. Anyways they could have a design contest for castle and keeps for those lands but a new design that fits.

Xenobia

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wonder how practical it might be to provide a new storage increase based on the length of your subscription renewal period. For example, if you're currently paying six months at a time, you get a 50% bump. If you're paying three months at a time, you get a 25% bump. If you pay one month at a time you get a 10% bump. If the subscription renewal period changes to a shorter period or your account actually closes, 5 days after the change in status, random items in the house are deleted (if necessary) to bring house storage down to the original storage amount for the house based on account upgrades (i.e., ML and the purchase of additional storage/additional characters).
Well I pay monthly and have had many accounts for a loooooooong time so maybe it would be better to go off the account age instead of billing. I mean if I don't pay, my house will fall anyway? Just my 3 cents.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Keep it in house / in game. Extra storage in different ammounts at the cost of gold. Sort of rent / gold sink. To aviod abuse. Not paying and allowing a house to be overloaded leads to random tossing of exrta items into the caveren of discard. Players could just take a step back and time and store stuff on a boat. I used to do that when the best house I could have for years was a marble workshop. Learned to be happy with what I had.

Allowing Keeps and Castles in lands not allowed now is bad omen. I can see how latecomers to the game can't see sucking available housing plots in the game with uber size plots is bad.

T

Tazar

Well I have a keep, castle, and 2 18x18s next to each other. I would love if we could use all the room in the castle and keeps, so much wasted space. Storage is nice but I want more room to deco. The only way to have a really big room in your house now is to make a box house, most people hate them. I want many big rooms in my house without the box house look. If UO would let us link and build houses next to each other they would make tons of money, I would open as many accounts as I could to get a hugh 40x40, 50x50, 80x80 plot to build on. I would be very happy with just being able to redo the keeps, or castle, or even just bigger plots.
What's stopping you?

http://vboards.stratics.com/showpost.php?p=1031970&postcount=1

I've added two more 18x17 homes to the layout since then.

T

Thashinel

If I could get larger storage (keeps/castle) I would more easily merge stuff on one shard and play others more often.

I could see how this could cut down in transfer token use though, so I don't know if they would want that.

Jo/Thash

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please NO! For the love of all things Empress. Leave the bland, unimaginative, boring cold, stone keeps out of Tokuno. I understand peeps want more storage.. but the same chuckleheads who rushed to place a house in Ter Mur and promptly threw down a Brittania style abode will be the same ones who desecrate the beauty of Tok Islands with god awful keeps!
I'm going along with this. While I'm not one for tokuno style (besides the sliding doors at times). Keeps and castles are just a huge freaking waste they cause lag and people decorate them horribly almost every castle I've seen has been horribly filled with parrot, junk, or vendors. I have seen about 3 castles that weren't horribly decorated and even then two of them were by a guy who spends his time literally decorating and building houses on UO and cost about 50 vet rewards on one.

And in malas I've seen castles and keeps that I have no idea how these people got them but i'm pissed that they are there.

If anything we need to get rid of the ability to put up castles and keeps.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only Castle in Malas is the one they gave away in a contest. It is alone where the Unicorn and KiRin spawns. We are overdue for another of theese giveaways with a unique home in a unique location.

T

Tazar

Aye... that contest gave away 5 Malas castles per shard - but there should not be any keeps in Malas. It also seems that not all 5 of the castles were accepted and actually placed on all shards since Atlantic never had all 5.

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I want a 8x8 small classic house with castle lock downs :spider:

Sellingahouse

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I want a 8x8 small classic house with castle lock downs :spider:
This would work great. All the folks that have houses for storage and log in every 3 months to pay for it, could finally let those storage houses fall. The people that have many accounts, that pay every month, could close a few and put everything in one house. We have a ton of open house spots on our shard now, but can you just see how it will be, we would have 4 tons of open house spots.

Xenobia

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hell, I remember when you could just toss stuff all over those small houses and fill it to the brim with whatever you wanted. People complained about getting looted so they made us lock stuff down. I think we have gotten past the lag factor and should be given more lockdowns for every house. It doesn't have to be a ridiculous amount...just up it some for everyone.

EDIT: The Brit turn-in thing is always fun too!

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd not object to 'keeps' in Tokuno, if they were of a more appealing and suitable design - even if not customisable, a choice of pre-built designs that don't look like hacksawed cubes with insane internal layouts would be welcome.

Voluptuous

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I now have 2 keeps ugh...and one tiny custom luna shop which is darling but man....if i could customize a plot with the storage capacity of a keep or a castle...even if i had to buy upgrade code upon upgrade code to get it there....YES I'd go custom.

You got no idea even for a deco lover like me how freakin awful it is to be confimed to the awful layout of a keep...and even with all the tapestries and rugs in the UO world cannot disguise all that bloody grey stone!

Most keep people have it because of storage...all in the centre room main floor...cause nobody wants to spend all their time going up and down and around on those stupid stairs.