• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Developers fix the broken Quest/ The Arc!!!

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Instead of turning on the Newspaper and new Ambusher Mobs, fix the quest and story arc!!! You have players doing broken content. Then your calling it phase I. Either fix it with everything working or leave it turned off. The Heralds are not giving the Quest like they should. Double clicking on the Herald should bring up a Quest Gump that allows you to start quest chain (Story Arc). When I complete a trade quest the amount of Gold reward to city has not increased.

Another part of the Issue is the Development team is to Small. UO has 1/3 of the Development team size it had when SA went live. Its proof the team needs to be larger in order to do stuff for UO.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The current designers do not appear to give a waffleiron about consistency or immersiveness.

Evidence:
o Take a swing at Gregorio the Brigand.
o Try to enter the chamber of the Myrmidex Queen when you can't.
o Likewise try to enter the chamber of Zipactriotl when you can't.
o Take a swing at the Great Ape without the blessing of the Barako chief.
o The Sakkhra of Eodon should have been lizardmen.

==
This is not an immersive environment. The original dev team would be shaking their heads, if they saw omelets like these.
The roleplayers have left the building.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
The current designers do not appear to give a waffleiron about consistency or immersiveness.

Evidence:
o Take a swing at Gregorio the Brigand.
o Try to enter the chamber of the Myrmidex Queen when you can't.
o Likewise try to enter the chamber of Zipactriotl when you can't.
o Take a swing at the Great Ape without the blessing of the Barako chief.
o The Sakkhra of Eodon should have been lizardmen.

==
This is not an immersive environment. The original dev team would be shaking their heads, if they saw omelets like these.
The roleplayers have left the building.
Try to fight back against the red brigand hanging out by the ranger buildings outside Skara; he attacks you, but unless you're on some random quest, you can't fight back.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That stuff always sets me off. Ruined me on Blackthorn's, the invulnerables attacking ya. Been to a few EM event where the standby mobs, next level mobs, were yellow...but they were seriously doing some damage to people...thats when I just step offscreen and wait a few. No use beating your head against a wall you know you can't break thru

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The quest chain won't start until part II or III...maybe not even until IV.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's because...there isn't a quest?
That's because they snuck it past you and turned it off. I had the quest Wensday morning.

Town Cryers were saying to visit the town Herald. Went to the Town Herald double clicked on the npc. It brought up a quest log. I clicked accept. The quest was to buy the paper. Except, they were not selling the paper. Bought the paper on Friday nothing happened. I toggled the quest item from context menu. Got the message 'You have no quest item".

So I selected to drop the quest figured it was bugged. It asked Do you want to drop this quest chain? Do you want to drop this quest? Or Cancel. Unfortunately I dropped the quest and thought I could pick it up again. This is how I know starting quest is turned off.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's because they snuck it past you and turned it off. I had the quest Wensday morning.

Town Cryers were saying to visit the town Herald. Went to the Town Herald double clicked on the npc. It brought up a quest log. I clicked accept. The quest was to buy the paper. Except, they were not selling the paper. Bought the paper on Friday nothing happened. I toggled the quest item from context menu. Got the message 'You have no quest item".

So I selected to drop the quest figured it was bugged. It asked Do you want to drop this quest chain? Do you want to drop this quest? Or Cancel. Unfortunately I dropped the quest and thought I could pick it up again. This is how I know starting quest is turned off.
Then something was active which shouldn't have been. Theres no quest, yet. While I base this off what I experienced on TC, the actual quest which was active was clearly not part of this Part I

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
When it comes to the "Quest".. the only quest that is/was available was one that you took at the Town Criers to let you know to buy a newspaper. There was never anything else on that part even on Test Center. I personally took it as a way to let people know to actually go buy the paper from the City Heralds.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When it comes to the "Quest".. the only quest that is/was available was one that you took at the Town Criers to let you know to buy a newspaper. There was never anything else on that part even on Test Center. I personally took it as a way to let people know to actually go buy the paper from the City Heralds.
If that was the case it wouldn't have the option to "Quit the Quest Chain"

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If that was the case it wouldn't have the option to "Quit the Quest Chain"

Now you know to take a screenshot when something like that happens. They aint believing ya.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
That is actually for later....they probably turned it on by mistake, but currently there is no quest to take.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
AHA mistery solved. Larisa turned it off because it was too early!
Yeah sorry my bad...didn't mean to confuse anyone...hit the wrong button ;)