• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS Developer Meet and Greet, October 17th, 2022

HRH Liz

Lore Master
UNLEASHED
You got that right, you can look up most of the financials online.

Broadsword is similar to other profitable companies that have went out of business, primarily due to greed.
The people at the top who do little to no work essentially rob the profitable company blind by giving themselves fat paychecks.

It doesn't cost much to maintain the products Broadsword manages given their budget.
Instead of investing money in to the products they manage they've spent the bare minimum.

Imagine what UO could look like after all these years if all that money wasn't wasted.
Please post what EA is paying BS and what BSs costs are

FAKEUSERNAME

Adventurer
Bonnie makes more than Kyronix or Bleak so alls you would need to do is promote one of them and hire some to replace their open spot and Misk, problem solved.
The optimal situation would be for Mesanna to make better decisions, surround herself with more useful people and continue producing.
The problem is she hasn't been making good decisions for a long time and it's not changing.

Kyronix is an asset however he isn't the most qualified for the position he has and that's been evident ever since he took on the role.
Honestly he should have stayed an EM doing the same stuff he's doing now.
I don't know why he didn't/doesn't get real job making more money in VR development for Meta or some other company and do UO on the side.

FAKEUSERNAME

Adventurer
Please post what EA is paying BS and what BSs costs are
I'm sure you can do the research on your own but I'll give you some cliff notes.

The total amount of money paid out in one year to all of the Broadsword event moderators combined is about the same amount of money a single McDonalds employee makes in a year.

Who is this Rob guy everyone keeps talking about and what does he do exactly? I wonder how much he made per year.

HRH Liz

Lore Master
UNLEASHED
I'm sure you can do the research on your own but I'll give you some cliff notes.

The total amount of money paid out in one year to all of the Broadsword event moderators combined is about the same amount of money a single McDonalds employee makes in a year.

Who is this Rob guy everyone keeps talking about and what does he do exactly? I wonder how much he made per year.
OMG You are trying to give us info on a company and you do not even know who the CEO is of BS. Knew you couldn't do it, you are so full of dodo. So what does a EM make, post your proof.
Do you even know who Kyronix is and what he does, when was he ever an EM.
I want what ever drugs you are taking.

Last edited:

Veldrane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Bonnie makes more than Kyronix or Bleak so alls you would need to do is promote one of them and hire some to replace their open spot and Misk, problem solved.
Good developers do not necessarily make good Producers. Bonnie is a prime example of this - she may have been a good QA person but she does not have the business or management sense to run UO properly.

Management is NOT a reward. That's something a lot of people doing the "work work" seem to forget.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
All I care about is the fact that the game is still running. I love this game, the people I've met while playing this game and I will be here until the lights go out, hopefully that won't be for a long time.
OMG You are trying to give us info on a company and you do not even know who the CEO is of BS. Knew you couldn't do it, you are so full of dodo. So what does a EM make, post your proof.
Do you even know who Kyronix is and what he does, when was he ever an EM.
I want what ever drugs you are taking.
Do you remember EM Dudley?? that was Kyronix

1666282038314.png

Just in case you needed proof ;)

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
dudley / kyronix is the guy wearing the jester hat in the anniversary party thing too , the real life photos way back 15 th anny party ?

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'd take an untrained middle schooler over mesanne
Seriously, I am sure it is possible to get a full-time volunteer way more competent than her. UO keeps going from one strategic blunder to another. Every major publish seems to go "well yeah, I know everyone with a brain warned me this would happen, but what a surprise!" She is just not very smart, and completely unqualified to be making game design decisions. Even if UO had a full AAA-level staff, she'd be a huge problem. With a bargain-bin skeleton crew UO currently has, it is really a shock she has not run it completely into the ground by now.

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Was there any Newsletter with banned Accounts which uses an illegal Client?

This will answer the questions about illegal clients.