• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS Developer Meet and Greet - March 18th on TC1

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yall can put your money where your moth is and do something about your issues instead of anonymously complaining.

View attachment 152783
So... your logic is that if you want to complain about a service you're paying for, you should work a related job there?

I'll keep that in mind the next time the drive through worker forgets my sauce packets.

I don't need to work fast food to know when they don't meet my expectations.

It's also not really anonymous to complain on the UO.com forum. They have more information on me than most people I interact with everyday.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Anyone who has played long enough to see that question asked and answered many, many times would have known the answer before they asked it. They've been saying 'no' to 120s for more skills over and over again for years.
ah ha! So you’re saying we should be asking for 140s!

I knew it!

mihali

Sage
Yall can put your money where your moth is and do something about your issues instead of anonymously complaining.

View attachment 152783
Correct. And get hired and then sustain an overbearing master (mastress?) boss that will have you under her thumb, and you will do exactly what she wants you to do, its her way or the highway of sorts. That is a danger we all have to face with boss institutions with limited freedoms at producing original code to fix in this game what has not been fixed for long time. Things can change pretty unpredictably as to what the boss wants or intends to do or accepts, after long hours of working on a piece of code

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Its top right corner of the patch screen that we just click past without reading. It may have been there 7 years, Thats about how often I look at that screen.
I believe that was posted at least 4-5 years ago and the position was filled by Phalanx or whoever the newest member of the team is (that isn't community manager). I'm sure that part if the patch screen is like the "Yard Sale" sign people put up in the back of the neighborhood they forget to take down even 8 months after the yard sale happened.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I believe that was posted at least 4-5 years ago and the position was filled by Phalanx or whoever the newest member of the team is (that isn't community manager). I'm sure that part if the patch screen is like the "Yard Sale" sign people put up in the back of the neighborhood they forget to take down even 8 months after the yard sale happened.
Well Phallanx sure sounds like a nice guy. I wonder how he fit in

Last edited:

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Well Phallus sure sounds like a nice guy. I wonder how he fit in
From what I it looked like at the time...he seemed like he was a big part of the first spring event (at least he's the toon that was shown in the sneak peak stuff) where we had egg hunts and colored rabbits. I think that was a nice "fresh" idea for an alternative to killing in a dungeon. The shame of it is that scripter bots kind of ruined that easter egg part of it for the people that wanted to participate that way.

Outside of that first event, around when he first started, I don't think I've seen much from him.

Archangel0

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Also what is wrong with failing a few times?

Are you for real? If you have to ask that, you clearly don´t have the slightest understanding of humans and are beyond our help!

What´s wrong with failing? Seriously? Well, that it is a failure, that's what's wrong! And to make it a few times just means stumbling on the same rock... often. Anyone writing such things should be pitied as a special case... or committed. Go seek professional help please.

That kind of blind support can only be explained if you are the son, nephew or somehow related to any of the devs, if you are bedding anyone of them, if you lost a lifelong bet, if they are paying you, if they are blackmailing you or if you are demented. My guess is lithium might be of help.

Maybe one day you could surprise the universe by finding something -ANYTHING at all!- wrong with this game. Do try it if just for the sake of variety FFS!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Are you for real? If you have to ask that, you clearly don´t have the slightest understanding of humans and are beyond our help!

What´s wrong with failing? Seriously? Well, that it is a failure, that's what's wrong! And to make it a few times just means stumbling on the same rock... often. Anyone writing such things should be pitied as a special case... or committed. Go seek professional help please.

That kind of blind support can only be explained if you are the son, nephew or somehow related to any of the devs, if you are bedding anyone of them, if you lost a lifelong bet, if they are paying you, if they are blackmailing you or if you are demented. My guess is lithium might be of help.

Maybe one day you could surprise the universe by finding something -ANYTHING at all!- wrong with this game. Do try it if just for the sake of variety FFS!
You have never died or lost in a game huh.

My reply was about a player not wanting to fail at crafting. I see you really have an emotional opinion on that.

Last edited:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is irrelevant anyway.

It is pretty clear how she feels about making crafting easier.
View attachment 152751

We will not be doing that was her instant answer.

If you look at the video the asker of the question did not see the answer because they were typing, "what do you think of that?"
So that person made up what they wanted to hear. And posted it on the other forum.
There were 2 TWO questions asked and you have ZERO clue which question that answer belongs to. Is it question #1 or question #2 or is it both so STOP saying there will be NO 120s because she said so, she MAY have meant the +60 tool or she MAY have meant the scrolls or she MAY have meant both so STOP acting like you know %1000 what she meant.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
There were 2 TWO questions asked and you have ZERO clue which question that answer belongs to. Is it question #1 or question #2 or is it both so STOP saying there will be NO 120s because she said so, she MAY have meant the +60 tool or she MAY have meant the scrolls or she MAY have meant both so STOP acting like you know %1000 what she meant.
I feel like several M&G exchanges go like that because we are limited on characters we can type, so people are typing partially formulated thoughts which require 2 or 3 parts. Since both parties are typing after the first piece there is sometimes a multiple part question but the Dev team is responding to the first piece and when they hit enter it's like a bang-bang thing where it's right around the time the player is giving their follow up.

This sort of thing happens but I think the problem is that the people asking questions usually just say "ok" or "I understand" without clarifying if the answer was to the entire topic or just one of their parts.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
people have been asking for other skills to be 120 for years. And Mesanna has always said to send her an email about why you want the skill to go to 120 (that there has to be a good reason).

example: Queen Mum has asked for cooking to be 120. She is well known for her cookies, I call her the cookie Queen, so its no surprise that she would like the title of Legendary Chef. (wanting a title isn't reason enough. they would have to add more craftables to the skill to make it worth while)

There are 3 titles that you can get for doing bods (the baker, the gourmet, and the Culinarian.)They should have added the chocolatier to that list but that would take away from the npc who first announced we could kill the vicious macaws to get the foil. (perhaps someday we could get this as a reward drop from killing the vicious macaws hehe)

==
i know cooking wasn't in the list that was quoted, but it is an example of something asked for at meet & greets.