• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dev Question - Resizing a house?

• Thread starter imported_Lariat
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Lariat

Got a question for the devs, whenever you guys get a moment. A few weeks ago, a friend of mine was trying to resize their house in Tokuno, and somehow I guess someone knew they were going to be dropping their house. As soon as they did, *POOF!* out of nowhere a large tower appears with someone else's name on it. How viable would it be to add a system for resizing an existing plot? Currently, the only way to do this is too drop the house and replace, which opens the door for a stealther to steal the spot literally right out from under you.

A couple quick ideas I had on how to accomplish this:

- Have a timer so that only the original owner of a plot may place where it was for the first 3-5 minutes after a plot is dropped. This will allow them a little time if they're having placing issues due to terrain without really allowing for much (if any) abuse.

- Allow us to change the footprint of an existing house without dropping. This would include changing from a custom plot to a keep or castle if your neighbor's house happened to fall, giving you the room.

I realize that in some cases, the less reputable riffraff among us may benefit from this, but as we've been told, there are changes in the works to hinder their practices anyway.