• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS Dev Meet And Greet On Mugen 9-26-16

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Things I have learned from this thread:

Multiboxing, Multiclienting and Multiplexing are different but the same... kinda but not really.
95% of people cheat per a source quoting another source... who had witnesses.
EM events = irritation = I'll do something else

and finally I need to upgrade my mouse. Mine only has 2 buttons and a wheel.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This thread went from informative to straight up confusing. Hell no wonder multi BOXING is ignored by the DEV team.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just like I keep posting about stuff over and over and it falls on deaf ears... they don't care.
While they certainly don't, it's how you come across that hurts more than anything. Let's take this post:

I don't think I"m better than anyone... it's my playstyle and it's the ONLY thing that keeps my accounts open to this day...

I offered the alternatives... they can spawn some big boss once a month and satisfy that and separate the "drop" from the story event... and let those that like the story enjoy the story... that's all I was saying... but nevermind you see what you want because you like to bash me and put words in my mouth... fine... don't like RP that's your business... But then why are you playing an MMORPG if you don't want the RP part? Was the story on the box that got me interested in UO... that and the idea that I could own a castle... really own a castle... totally had to have it.
And, for all of the accounts you have, surely you could dedicate one to making chars actually geared towards doing damage and not RP. Are events, as they are now, boring, formulaic, and overly predictable? Yes. But people barely show up to RP-centric events, outside of a select group of people on every shard. UO does not have the subscriber #s to sustain a lively RP community like it could 13 years ago. It's your CONSTANT whining about EVERYTHING (and refusing to adapt to changes in the game) that people have issues with. Example: "I can't get a taming 3 primer from Champ Spawns because I always get raided! I won't make a character that can actually DO champ spawns before getting raided. Or play with enough people to minimize the risk of getting raided. Or do spawns that don't get checked often, further reducing the risk of getting raided."

I actually read through the booklet that came with the game and WANTED the RP... sought it out and everything... from day one. Is that so horrible?

But even with a decent connection and computer, and graphics card.... I crash all the time at EM events... And it still takes almost a full minute for the "death" graphic to take effect... which in a situation like a boss fight with a mob that drops an item... that's precious seconds ticking away... that shouldn't be... and why are they doing that? Well it's not because we haven't complained about the excessive time it takes to die in the EC to the DEVs... it's because despite them saying "it's been fixed" it hasn't been... while it's shorter now from the full 2 min it used to take... it's still TOO long. And still can't loot the public corpse of most the mobs...

But I like RP so I'm not supposed to complain about that... or about the multi-boxers that cause my computer to lag like mad whenever I get near them... or complain about those in the Gen Chat channel who insist on describing sex acts and hurl racial slurs at one another... etc... At least if I'm doing anything nasty it's only to others who actually want to participate in it... I don't broadcast it to the entire shard... and force everyone to endure the RP... Maybe I should start RPing in Gen Chat...
Nobody is necessarily knocking that you're into RP. You do understand this, yes? But that shouldn't mean that one playstyle has to be catered to above others. Your connection/computer are clearly ******, from what I can tell...or it's the EC. I play the CC, I lag a bit (and I expect I'll be lagging tonight on Legends), but I can't recall ever crashing at an event.

Not everyone that goes to events is a multi-boxer. Players optimize their characters towards getting loot rights, and doing so before something happens, like a client crash. Some bring multiple chars and play them normally, to further increase their chances at a drop. That doesn't mean you can't tell when it's actually happening though, whether the person's multi-boxing or not.

Gen chat: I'll agree with this. But it's never going to go away - prior to the introduction of in-game chat, it took place out of game, on places like the HOT forums, or for LS players after AoS, the old UOF boards.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

and finally I need to upgrade my mouse. Mine only has 2 buttons and a wheel.

My mouse is from a 3rd world country I think..it's barely an optic mouse...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Making it impossible to run two or more clients on one computer would already go a long way. I wonder if this is possible.
Again, this wouldn't change anything for people who are willing to use 3rd party apps to achieve their goal... it will only create a larger gap between players who will follow the rules and those that don't.

The goal should be to narrow the gap, not widen it.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
While they certainly don't, it's how you come across that hurts more than anything. Let's take this post:

And, for all of the accounts you have, surely you could dedicate one to making chars actually geared towards doing damage and not RP. Are events, as they are now, boring, formulaic, and overly predictable? Yes. But people barely show up to RP-centric events, outside of a select group of people on every shard. UO does not have the subscriber #s to sustain a lively RP community like it could 13 years ago. It's your CONSTANT whining about EVERYTHING (and refusing to adapt to changes in the game) that people have issues with. Example: "I can't get a taming 3 primer from Champ Spawns because I always get raided! I won't make a character that can actually DO champ spawns before getting raided. Or play with enough people to minimize the risk of getting raided. Or do spawns that don't get checked often, further reducing the risk of getting raided."

Nobody is necessarily knocking that you're into RP. You do understand this, yes? But that shouldn't mean that one playstyle has to be catered to above others. Your connection/computer are clearly ******, from what I can tell...or it's the EC. I play the CC, I lag a bit (and I expect I'll be lagging tonight on Legends), but I can't recall ever crashing at an event.

Not everyone that goes to events is a multi-boxer. Players optimize their characters towards getting loot rights, and doing so before something happens, like a client crash. Some bring multiple chars and play them normally, to further increase their chances at a drop. That doesn't mean you can't tell when it's actually happening though, whether the person's multi-boxing or not.

Gen chat: I'll agree with this. But it's never going to go away - prior to the introduction of in-game chat, it took place out of game, on places like the HOT forums, or for LS players after AoS, the old UOF boards.
If there is no RP reason to go to something or play anymore then honestly I'm done with UO... There are a MILLION other games out there that if all I gave a rats about was PvM do the job 100x better than UO... From FFXIV to WoW and EQ2 and all those... but that's not what I enjoy...

So if you are saying that I need to give up the RP ..... and move on... then that's probably why I play less and less all the time...

If I wanted to play a solo game there are 100's of other solo based games that do the job far better than UO as well from Diablo to No Man's Sky and many others....

If I played UO just for graphics (which then I'd need my head examined)... as there are a million other games with better graphics that are more consistant as well... Landmark is a beautiful game... but claims to be a Sandbox game but it's NOT... It's a pretty 3d paint program... with some overly complex insane things to allow you to build a dungeon for other players that no one will come see... mostly because they do nothing but build their own dungeons and wonder why no one visits them...

No... UO is my RP outlet... my "escape" from RL to a world of fantasy... when that trip is over I'm done...

Arroth Thaiel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Multiboxing, Multiclienting and Multiplexing are different but the same... kinda but not really.
This thread went from informative to straight up confusing. Hell no wonder multi BOXING is ignored by the DEV team.
Forum lawyers...
*Chuckles*

You forgot "Macro-Grouping", "Client Merging", and a host of other terms all used interchangeably but various playerbases, developers, and publishers.

Just to throw fuel on a fire, you can also think about this entire mess as....

Using multiple clients in sequence, or in a series, with each client controlled one at a time, or Serial Client Use.
Or
Using multiple clients simultaneously, with each client controlled at the same time, or Parallel Client Use.

And my work is done here. :next:

*wink* *wink*, *nudge* *nudge*. A wink is as good as a nudge to a blind bat.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No... UO is my RP outlet... my "escape" from RL to a world of fantasy... when that trip is over I'm done...
This is true for much of the remaining player base. I've built a few suits recently for players looking to do both high end damage and RP though.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This is true for much of the remaining player base. I've built a few suits recently for players looking to do both high end damage and RP though.
FYI my main that I go with is an A/B/C Archer who uses 100% damage bows.... has a fairly decent suit granted I don't do any reforging.. but I highly doubt that makes any difference at all... usually hits for 200 to 260 per AI etc which he can do 4 x in a row and then Every other shot... for as long as it lasts... if I don't die or crash/die...

Most my problem is the LAG, Crashing, Freezing, and the fact that I'm getting older, more forgetful and my reflexes aren't what they used to be... hands cramp up on me if I try to PvP too much etc...

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Most my problem is the LAG, Crashing, Freezing, and the fact that I'm getting older, more forgetful and my reflexes aren't what they used to be... hands cramp up on me if I try to PvP too much etc...
You're either scapegoating, a narcissist or a hypocrite. You realize that you have put the blame on MANY different things in this entire thread, right? You should probably pick one, work on it and then move on to the next because if you have this many issues with UO it might be better for your health to go and play something different like you constantly state you will.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
FYI my main that I go with is an A/B/C Archer who uses 100% damage bows.... has a fairly decent suit granted I don't do any reforging.. but I highly doubt that makes any difference at all... usually hits for 200 to 260 per AI etc which he can do 4 x in a row and then Every other shot... for as long as it lasts... if I don't die or crash/die...

Using the EC Or Classic?

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

All of my dexers (pvm only, granted) use a very small # of macros. My thrower (whammy) on Legends uses 3: Curse Weapon, Armor Ignore, Bandage healing if I need it. Suit: Fire/Cold/Energy Slayer weaps (everything but Elemental and Repond), GM-crafted Stone suit, Imbued with LRC/LMC/Stam and Mana Inc, some HP Increase. I have no trouble spamming the ever-loving crap out of Armor Ignore, which will often hit for close to 200 damage even without Perfection. Gets loot rights easy on everything in the game.

From the sounds of it, you should a) Stop using the EC, because from what I've seen in your past posts, that's causing A LOT of your problems b) to quote a guy who no longer plays UO: BUY A NEW COMPUTER. Your specs are likely a big issue. My comp is currently 2 years old, which means it's essentially a fossilized dinosaur, and it handles EVERYTHING I've played (except Black Desert Online, which I thought was going to cause my fan to blow up) with no issues.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Using the EC Or Classic?
EC I can't play the CC anymore... my computer won't run it well.... it's 10X more laggy than the EC... Since I got my new computer a year or so ago there is no going back to CC but I've been playing the EC for probably 4 or 5 years now...

I can't imagine taming without it... can't imagine looting without it... Trying to remember 500 properties and what is the "max" of everything and all just too much... I'm a slow reader so sifting through a corpse can take me a long time and in the CC without the help that Pinco's gives with knowing what's "ok" and what isn't... just impossible for me anymore. When each item can have 10 to 15 or more properties and all this stuff on them it just takes too long...

And the EC with Pinco's when looking at pets is it good or should I kill it and hope a better one spawns is so much easier...

Finding maps with my T-Hunter 100x easier, finding MIB locations and having them all plotted out on the map for me 1,000 times better than using the old CC with UOCartographer and putting in each and every MIB by hand...

Swapping weapons is Far easier... and sorting my backpack took some getting used to at first but I don't ever want to go back to the clutter of the CC.