• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Forensics] Detecting thieves?

Hendric

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How high of skill do I need to detect if someone is in the guild of thieves? I'm currently at 20 and wondering if that's high enough. Thanks!

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Any level is high enough to attempt, but no level is high enough to never fail. At GM forensic eval, I eval a target at least three times before I declare them clean.

Hendric

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the prompt response! I actually did some testing after I posted this (forgot I had a second account!) and I was regularly able to do it at 90. Granted that was with three to five tries. I think it'd be worth the extra 10 points for the title of detective alone though. Great for RP value!

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Another option is to keep your skill at zero and leave at least 0.1 skill point of your 720.0 unused. If you use forensic on someone and you gain 0.1 skill, they are a thief. You'd then need to turn the skill down and return it to 0.0 before trying again.