• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Despise LMAO

Phangs_of_Phage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
How did this system EVER EVER make it out of testing. This is the worse excuse for mechanics I have ever seen. ANY PLAYER CAN KILL YOUR PETS. PETS CONSTANTLY GET STUCK ON AGGRO. Why didnt they make it like basic tames. CANT SAY THEY CANT, ever hear of dryad allure?

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm confident they will fix it but nothing can be done about it at the moment. This is one of the unfortunate things about releasing something on a Friday when everyone is off for the weekend. Yes we can enjoy the new content while some of us are off work too but that means when there is an issue we have to wait until they get back in the office.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Beat me to it Reth hehe. But yes I'm not trying to excuse it I'm merely suggesting that it should be fixed (or I would expect it to be fixed) after the long weekend. I myself have no idea why this wasn't caught on test or even before it went on test so I wont bother speculating on it.

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This type of grief, as well as controlled creatures getting stuck on aggro even when they're set to defensive, is reported weeks before it is released to the shards, so this was a very well expected result. After they released it in its current form, I initially thought it was intentional and they wanted to make the players with the same alignment a group, thus allowing to attack the creatures of the opposing alignment, in an effort to make your side called to call to arms. However, I think you can attack any controlled creature regardless of its alignment, so if there is no other explanation, I'm not sure why they haven't fixed that when it is reported.

Thimotty

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think is is intentional. So noone "return to britania" does not stick around much...

Thimotty

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is not conspiracy theory, it is sarcasm. The target was not their intentions but their results!

S

Spoontoes

I used to really really love UO, it's the reason MMORPGs are the life sucking hobby that they are for me. Now however I think about what has been happening to UO and I just feel saddened and sickened. Started off as such a totally wonderful exciting world to explore, now it's an item grabbers viewing spectacle just to wait and see what abysmal travesty is going to be inflicted on the poor poor die-hard population with the next 'added content' me included until just recently, I think Ive finally had enough disappointment.

Such a terrible shame.

Changing tack slightly - did you know that the origin store don't allow the purchase of more than one Stygian Abyss upgrade per email account because they don't think the cutomer base is intelligent enough to not over order by accident? My case for that is still open with them for it and that was mentioned early in the debacle - as 'consolation' they sent me a discount code for the origin store - and guess what.... it's an invalid code! (yes I tried to use it within the thirty days ti's supposedly live) - still waiting for a reply on why they sent me a duff code too.

It's very difficult not to think that they are deliberately trying to prevent continuation or growth......