• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Desirable BOD Rewards

Corwyn

Lake Superior Tabloid Journalist
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm gearing up to start a few vendors that will be exclusively selling bulk order deed rewards, since that is the part of the game that I appear to enjoy most often (to a point that some might deem excessive even). Since I will be initially testing the market to see how well this is going to go, I want to be sure I try and stock appropriately. I know that powder of fortification is always needed, so I'll be dedicating one vendor to that solely, with perhaps one keg at a time, along with several of the single reward PoF. I'm also aware that shadow runic hammers also sell well, and I'd imagine clothing bless deeds would sell.

My question is: What would be a good mix of BOD rewards to sell from each of the crafts? Specific runic tools? the talismans? Titles?

Thanks for any advice. I await any answers and comments, even ones like "you're crazy" or "don't do it... you'll regret it." :cool:

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If you are talking the most desirable based on return on investment / quick moving then you nailed it. Powder of fort / shadow & copper hammers / Clothing bless deeds should all move pretty quick and won't take a ton of resources (the smithing ones just require a single armor deed bribed up).

The talisman (fail prevention) can net a pretty penny depending on the Exc bonus but those are going to be more of your slow moving items and if you are shooting for the top end ones those will require multiple BODs that you may or may not have. If you are doing cooking BODs I think the aprons (higher %) sell hit or miss too.

I'd probably do a few of the higher level BODs to stock those talisman and then mainly go for powder of fort / clothing bless deeds as that will get things going in the event you need to buy some resources down the road.

Corwyn

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If you are talking the most desirable based on return on investment / quick moving then you nailed it. Powder of fort / shadow & copper hammers / Clothing bless deeds should all move pretty quick and won't take a ton of resources (the smithing ones just require a single armor deed bribed up).

The talisman (fail prevention) can net a pretty penny depending on the Exc bonus but those are going to be more of your slow moving items and if you are shooting for the top end ones those will require multiple BODs that you may or may not have. If you are doing cooking BODs I think the aprons (higher %) sell hit or miss too.

I'd probably do a few of the higher level BODs to stock those talisman and then mainly go for powder of fort / clothing bless deeds as that will get things going in the event you need to buy some resources down the road.
Thanks for the information. I'm actually doing ALL of the bulk order deeds (alchemy, blacksmithing, carpentry, cooking, fletching, inscription, tailoring and tinkering). Are there any other runics from fletching or carpentry that sell at all? Do the dyes that you get from cooking or alchemy sell at all?

I should have mentioned I have all BODs covered earlier. For that, I apologize.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
alchemy, cooking and inscription dyes
inscription are for spellbook only dyes (can be used on runebooks/runic atlas)

powder of fort kegs (tinker)
(these sell with or without powder in there)

fermentation barrel

both of these didn't stay on my vendors on Sonoma or Atlantic very long

Fortis

Sage
Stratics Veteran
tinker moonstone sell high
basic runic fletching kit oak sells good
carpenter runic sell good for trying to get a 100% elemental 70 hit lightning bokuto

Last edited:

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Top runics for tailor : I wipe market when I getting rich . It not hot seller.
Carpenter runics are sold good , top ones you can use to craft fishing poles : poles sell pretty well if got good mods on them.

POF I buy all with reasonable prices when I see it on VS and fill my barrels. POF is never enough.

Have +60 and + 30 hammers , all purchased.
For blacksmith reforge I like using dull copper more. And they are cheap. I buy them a lot.

@Keven2002 why bribe armor pieces if you have kite shield Bods which are lowest on resources and are always exceptional ?

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Thanks for the information. I'm actually doing ALL of the bulk order deeds (alchemy, blacksmithing, carpentry, cooking, fletching, inscription, tailoring and tinkering). Are there any other runics from fletching or carpentry that sell at all? Do the dyes that you get from cooking or alchemy sell at all?

I should have mentioned I have all BODs covered earlier. For that, I apologize.
Yes - mid level runic kits should sell pretty steady and dyes will sell too but probably a little on sporadic side. That's part of "issue" many people have with crafting these days is that many of the highest level rewards aren't really worth it and there are really only a handful of things overall that are useful.

My advice would be to concentrate on the CBD/POF as those will move pretty steady and I'd also put one or 2 POF kegs (filled) on there for some pvper who is making a new suit or some new weapons. That will be something that probably won't sell right away due to the price but will be a nice big bump to your bank account when it does sell.

@Keven2002 why bribe armor pieces if you have kite shield Bods which are lowest on resources and are always exceptional ?
I won't always bribe up armor but I get much more armor pieces than kite shields / bucklers so can't really be too picky there. That said, I do try to use the lower cost armor bods (plate gorget = 10 ingots / ring gloves = 10 / helmets = 15 / etc) over the higher cost ones.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
I won't always bribe up armor but I get much more armor pieces than kite shields / bucklers so can't really be too picky there. That said, I do try to use the lower cost armor bods (plate gorget = 10 ingots / ring gloves = 10 / helmets = 15 / etc) over the higher cost ones.
My bad , it it tear kite shield .
I get lots because almost each of my toons have 0.1 blacksmith skill and can get 3 bods per day if I don't forget to do this run. Tear kite is what I get many. Together with buckler (consumes little more materials) and bronze + metal ones. Which I just buy from vendor and recuperate to smth better with skilled blacksmith. But tear kite shields are awesome. I bribe till they become exceptional or to agapite then put away if it goes to verite .
It is same nice thing as barrel staves are for a carpenter. Which with 0.1 carpentry you get a lot.

Corwyn

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Thank you for the information. I have four toons that grab smithing an tailoring BODs, two that grab tinkering, and one that grabs everything else. I'm in the process of making another toon for grabbing the ones I only get one of currently. I like skilling up characters anyway, so it'll be fun. I might level him in Heartwood to get recipes I'm missing.

I'm not sure I want to grab BODs with ALL of my characters simply due to time constraints, but if I find myself falling behind, I might do it. I can always create more BOD runners on my second account, since I really don't play that account much. We'll see. My wife already thinks I'm nuts.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Thank you for the information. I have four toons that grab smithing an tailoring BODs, two that grab tinkering, and one that grabs everything else. I'm in the process of making another toon for grabbing the ones I only get one of currently. I like skilling up characters anyway, so it'll be fun. I might level him in Heartwood to get recipes I'm missing.

I'm not sure I want to grab BODs with ALL of my characters simply due to time constraints, but if I find myself falling behind, I might do it. I can always create more BOD runners on my second account, since I really don't play that account much. We'll see. My wife already thinks I'm nuts.
With 2 accounts you can grab around 250 bods per day. I doubt that you will fill that much, just for boarding purposes:)
Don't need skilling each runner if you have other things to do, your warrior or tamer can just recall to Luna to grab almost all bods before going for adventure. I like having lots of bods to choose what I will do.
My bard is a briber . Don't know reasons but she have all those rune books, crafter only have my house , Luna and queen soul forge runes marked .

Corwyn

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
With 2 accounts you can grab around 250 bods per day. I doubt that you will fill that much, just for boarding purposes:)
Don't need skilling each runner if you have other things to do, your warrior or tamer can just recall to Luna to grab almost all bods before going for adventure. I like having lots of bods to choose what I will do.
My bard is a briber . Don't know reasons but she have all those rune books, crafter only have my house , Luna and queen soul forge runes marked .
250 per day?!?! I have two keeps. I still don't think I'd be able to store all of that. Hehe

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
After exhausting all my larges during the Artisan festival, I decided to do BOD runs on my characters to try to prepare for next year. My shard's never had more than 2 starred trees (If the event had existed 20 years ago, we had such amazing crafters/cross-shard BODders like Nutty Professor that we'd have had every tree starred in an hour, but I digress). I did have a stock on hand of a bunch of smalls (like a box that I keep books with about 300 cloth small 20s and 200 footwear smalls)

I started doing BODs nearly every day since the new year started, with the following (scattered over 3 accounts):
1 Smith
1 Archer/Scribe
1 Alchemist/Cook
2 Smith/Tailor/Tinkers
2 Smith/Tailors
1 Cook (in training)
1 Carpenter/Smith/Tailor/Tinker (in training)
1 Alchemist/Carpenter/Smith/Tailor/Tinker

Or about 75 BODs a day, not counting new BODs from turn-ins (look for my articles on cycling old trash BODs for new BODs elsewhere, such in the Data chest)

Before I even do my runs tonight, I have the following:
A book of tailor BOD sets (~270 BODs, or around 50-55 Larges with all their smalls)
A book of smith BOD sets (~125 BODs, or about 15 Larges with all smalls)
A book of Tinker BOD sets (~170 BODs, or about 30 Larges with all smalls)
A book for all the other skills' sets (~50 BODs, or 8-10 sets)
A book that has about 40 filled LBODs from all skills (filled while training the two incomplete characters)

As the others have said, the popular runic kits are the ones that have luck as an option in Reforging (above a certain point, luck can only be random add-on), or otherwise can have really high properties with room to imbue other things. Most of these can be gotten through small BODs.
mid-to-high range colored Smith BODs for Powder of Fortification, and if you feel like doing bulk sales, higher level tinker BODs can get you the empty kegs that you can put 25 POF vials in to reduce storage.
Clothing Bless Deeds are rewards that can come from 5-part and 6-part tailor BODs (20 normal quality 6-part leather, 20 exceptional 5-part Leather and cloth (The town Cryer suit), and pretty much any of the colored leather LBODs).

IF you have a cook, I advise banking points from a bunch of mid-range LBODs and whatever junk smalls you get that don't go into a large, to get the points for an Apron. It adds a Cooking Exceptional Bonus that stacks with a Talisman, and it takes wearing an apron to not waste an insane amount of materials when doing Miso and Sushi LBODs. Hell, you still do even with a 30 Ex talisman and a 30 Ex apron, but it's better than having a 5-10% chance of exceptional.

And, look into the market for custom stuff for special occasions, There's a fermentation barrel BOD reward that can be used to make fruit wines with a name of your choosing (requires high cooking and alchemy for best results. IF someone is having an in-game celebration, and gives you a week or two notice, you can make a vintage named for that occasion that can be given as a gift for the occasion (by you, or someone that commissions it). Similarly, there's all kinds of crafting with deco tools (including cooking, for "writing" on cakes), where you can craft stuff that acts as deco or memorabilia. So you can do catering, etc. for a fee.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
250 per day?!?! I have two keeps. I still don't think I'd be able to store all of that. Hehe
Hope you know, but still worth mentioning : you can put filled BOD books on normal (not commission)vendor without wasting your lockdown slots. Don't forget to pay vendor lots of gold or he will poof with your bods.
So you only will need to lock down several books for runners and for sorting when runner's books are full. I have 2 on the floor , when they are close to be full I sort them into other books by profession (easy , just pick profession in filter and press empty book button) then use organizer to put all bods in profession.

Also note that when you fill locked book , it can go way over your house capacity. You will be unable to secure more items on the floor or put in secured containers , but fill/empty books is possible. Not sure how much you can go over house lockdown count , but I never reached that point. And of course you can take book from the floor and put on normal vendor , even house is full.

Fortis

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Hope you know, but still worth mentioning : you can put filled BOD books on normal (not commission)vendor without wasting your lockdown slots. Don't forget to pay vendor lots of gold or he will poof with your bods.
So you only will need to lock down several books for runners and for sorting when runner's books are full. I have 2 on the floor , when they are close to be full I sort them into other books by profession (easy , just pick profession in filter and press empty book button) then use organizer to put all bods in profession.

Also note that when you fill locked book , it can go way over your house capacity. You will be unable to secure more items on the floor or put in secured containers , but fill/empty books is possible. Not sure how much you can go over house lockdown count , but I never reached that point. And of course you can take book from the floor and put on normal vendor , even house is full.
Watch out doing this if yourget to press escape the bods book will be for sale for 100gp

Corwyn

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

I know about the vendors being able to hold the BODs without it affecting storage capacity, but I don't like having to do a work-around to do it and I don't want a keep full of vendors just standing there. So I use locked down books. Now, I did not know you can go past the limit using locked down books, so that is good.

I'm not sure why they don't make BOD books count as just one item, regardless of how much is inside. I know it's been said they don't want people hoarding BODs, but given the artisan festival, hoarding is almost a must if you want all trees to be completed on a shard. So either change the book item count or do away with the festival as far as I'm concerned (and I don't want them to get rid of the artisan festival, as I enjoy it quite a bit.

And to Basara, thank you for the information and ideas. I'll keep those in mind.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
My bad , it it tear kite shield .
I get lots because almost each of my toons have 0.1 blacksmith skill and can get 3 bods per day if I don't forget to do this run. Tear kite is what I get many. Together with buckler (consumes little more materials) and bronze + metal ones. Which I just buy from vendor and recuperate to smth better with skilled blacksmith. But tear kite shields are awesome. I bribe till they become exceptional or to agapite then put away if it goes to verite .
It is same nice thing as barrel staves are for a carpenter. Which with 0.1 carpentry you get a lot.
This is a nice little trick to use that I hadn't even thought of...great idea to make some money given the low end hammers/powder is what sells for smithing. Now what you said makes sense to me as well. I'm grabbing BODs strictly with my 100-120 crafter (smith/tailor/etc) so I get LBODs and other things like plate armor. I also go very large periods of time without collecting BODs because I don't really have the lockdown space (and also dislike the idea of using a vendor for storage).

gwen

Slightly Crazed
This is a nice little trick to use that I hadn't even thought of...great idea to make some money given the low end hammers/powder is what sells for smithing. Now what you said makes sense to me as well. I'm grabbing BODs strictly with my 100-120 crafter (smith/tailor/etc) so I get LBODs and other things like plate armor. I also go very large periods of time without collecting BODs because I don't really have the lockdown space (and also dislike the idea of using a vendor for storage).
Yeah, you can squeeze 0.1 craft skills in most of templates . Example: lowering sampires Necro from 100 to 99 . Next time you come to Luna bank, grab 3 bods of each profession , fill useless from vendor, put all in a BOD book and go hunting. When having 100+ this way give it to your crafter to turn in or bribe up. Then re logging with crafter will make more sense than just 3bods.
I leave tear kite , bucklers , barrel staves and daggers (bribe to exceptional for gargoyle pickaxes or for bank points).

Destiny<3

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I sell all of the BOD Rewards at my shop on the Pacific server, (Feel free to come visit, I am located inside the luna walls on the North side, it's a tiny white house named Cheap & Cheerful) and while some do not make as much profit as others, many people still do not have the titles, like to buy the different colored cloth etc. I found the spellbook dyes (but the non-spellbook dyes sell great!) don't sell as well as I thought but will sell from time to time if you don't mind waiting. (I mainly play a mage so apparently I am much more interested in spellbooks than everyone else.)

Also, not just exceptional talismans sell. Talismans with high regular bonus sell as well since there are many items in the game like Feudal Grips, etc that can't be crafted exceptional and only have like a 30% chance of success.

I found that the masonry mallets don't sell well, but the oak and ash runic saws sell well. On Pacific pretty much any Fletching Runic will sell eventually, but the higher end ones sell faster. Also the cooking aprons sell really well in spurts then will just sit on your vendor for awhile, but plum trees and fermentation barrels seem to move well. I have a lot of luck selling the tinkering recipes as well.

As for blacksmith besides what has been mentioned, rock hammers sell well but also will sell like crazy then be stuck on your vendor. I also sell the mining gloves, mainly for new and returning players. For the same reason I also sell the prospector tool's and gargoyle pickaxes. The anvils sell sporadically. Usually I sell a lot of shadow runics but lately I have been selling more Dull Copper, Copper and Gold Runics. Also the +60 hammer is good to sell, I sell all the different values, and the others only really sell when my +60 are out of stock, hehe. (+30 still goes pretty quick as well though)

Surprisingly, the Tapestries and Bear Rugs sell pretty well too, but it may be because there aren't many for sale on Pac since it's lower population. I used to sell a lot of sandals but I think all the arti sandals kinda killed that off and I am actually considering taking those off. (I need the space because my vendor house is very small and I use commission vendors).

I also added some different items like engraving tools, huntmaster rewards (the mining bag, lumber bag etc), elven quivers (these seem to sell out on event dates), arcane clothing (same as quivers).

I know your server is more populated but for me this has turned into a full time job with overtime but no health insurance, hehe. Kind of the whole if you build it they will come!

Corwyn

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I sell all of the BOD Rewards at my shop on the Pacific server, (Feel free to come visit, I am located inside the luna walls on the North side, it's a tiny white house named Cheap & Cheerful) and while some do not make as much profit as others, many people still do not have the titles, like to buy the different colored cloth etc. I found the spellbook dyes (but the non-spellbook dyes sell great!) don't sell as well as I thought but will sell from time to time if you don't mind waiting. (I mainly play a mage so apparently I am much more interested in spellbooks than everyone else.)

Also, not just exceptional talismans sell. Talismans with high regular bonus sell as well since there are many items in the game like Feudal Grips, etc that can't be crafted exceptional and only have like a 30% chance of success.

I found that the masonry mallets don't sell well, but the oak and ash runic saws sell well. On Pacific pretty much any Fletching Runic will sell eventually, but the higher end ones sell faster. Also the cooking aprons sell really well in spurts then will just sit on your vendor for awhile, but plum trees and fermentation barrels seem to move well. I have a lot of luck selling the tinkering recipes as well.

As for blacksmith besides what has been mentioned, rock hammers sell well but also will sell like crazy then be stuck on your vendor. I also sell the mining gloves, mainly for new and returning players. For the same reason I also sell the prospector tool's and gargoyle pickaxes. The anvils sell sporadically. Usually I sell a lot of shadow runics but lately I have been selling more Dull Copper, Copper and Gold Runics. Also the +60 hammer is good to sell, I sell all the different values, and the others only really sell when my +60 are out of stock, hehe. (+30 still goes pretty quick as well though)

Surprisingly, the Tapestries and Bear Rugs sell pretty well too, but it may be because there aren't many for sale on Pac since it's lower population. I used to sell a lot of sandals but I think all the arti sandals kinda killed that off and I am actually considering taking those off. (I need the space because my vendor house is very small and I use commission vendors).

I also added some different items like engraving tools, huntmaster rewards (the mining bag, lumber bag etc), elven quivers (these seem to sell out on event dates), arcane clothing (same as quivers).

I know your server is more populated but for me this has turned into a full time job with overtime but no health insurance, hehe. Kind of the whole if you build it they will come!
I believe I'll come by your place tomorrow to check it out. I enjoy getting various perspectives, and I always enjoy seeing vendor houses that specialize in crafting items. Thanks for all of the information!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We need some cheaper Powder of Fortification on LS. 250k each is too much! :)

gwen

Slightly Crazed
250k is ok. Will drive more people to produce it. 500k per 1 axe on POF where you spend 3-4M on void orbs and claws/teeth is ok.
Don't know how people who are selling POF 130k per, planning to get rich. It is more like a hobby.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
250k is ok. Will drive more people to produce it. 500k per 1 axe on POF where you spend 3-4M on void orbs and claws/teeth is ok.
Don't know how people who are selling POF 130k per, planning to get rich. It is more like a hobby.
Crafters are supposed to be poor. :)