• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Design Issues

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not sure what's going on... I redesigned my house earlier, and while I was redecorating, I couldn't get a set of doors on the second floor to open. I went and removed them to see if I could find the issue, and as I went to pass through where they'd been, I fell through the floor. At first I thought it was an issue with the floor tiles, because I had two different types next to eachother, but I've tried every combination and even all the same type, and I still fall through the floor.

Could it have something to do with the walls? I've never had issues with the log walls before, but that's the only thing I can think of that could be causing this...

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What client is this? Have you tried totally restarting the client to see if that fixes the floor?

Faeryl

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's 2D. I've restarted the client, changed floor/wall tiles, changed the foundation, tried different chars, tried my other account... Paged a GM twice, specifically stating that the Knowledge Base had no information relevent to my issue, just got a response telling me to try the Knowledge Base...

Had an alliance member experience it too.

There's something wrong with my house today, where nothing (major) was wrong with it before :(

I also noticed after some fiddling earlier, the floor works fine if I use teleporters to get to the second floor. If I use stairs or a ladder though, I fall through.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can come look at it if you like, shoot me a PM with your shard//facet/coords and I'll swing by.

Faeryl

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can come look at it if you like, shoot me a PM with your shard//facet/coords and I'll swing by.
Thanks for the offer, but it seems that it was infact the ladder I was using. I saw Cryta's post on UHall and figured I'd give it a try, and after I replaced it I was no longer falling through the floor (Yay)

Although I guess I'll have to get a guildmate to stop by and see if my ladder can actually be taken now that I can't lock it down anymore...

Y

Yen Sid

Thanks for the offer, but it seems that it was infact the ladder I was using. I saw Cryta's post on UHall and figured I'd give it a try, and after I replaced it I was no longer falling through the floor (Yay)

Although I guess I'll have to get a guildmate to stop by and see if my ladder can actually be taken now that I can't lock it down anymore...
You can still lock it down. I locked one down as deco because it is portable now lol. Just use the secure command (i wish to secure this).

Faeryl

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can still lock it down. I locked one down as deco because it is portable now lol. Just use the secure command (i wish to secure this).
I did, and it tells me "You cannot lock that down"