• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Describe the last time you played with another player in this game.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
What did you all do? What were their templates like? Was it an EM event? Did you have fun? Did you use Discord or ICQ to talk verbally? How long ago was it? Are you going to play with that person again?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thursday and Friday, mixed templates - spellweavers, archers, mages, bard. Party of 9 did Exodus Thursday, followed it up with some Melisandes. party of 6 used remaining Exodus keys Friday. Party/alliance speak only. Regular guild/alliance events are held Thursday and Sunday. Mostly we also attend the Europa auction on Wednesdays, sometimes we get together in between and do stuff, we do talk on Discord, but text not voice.
The alliance also work together to maintain stock at the guild shop. We are together and active daily sharing knowledge, ideas, resources, just about anything to make the game fun for each other.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Trying to target and hit a barrel before it disappears while watching the 100 bots get all the good items and I just get unmarked recall runes from barrel if am luckly . Or being auto attacked by 4 red bots at fel idoc one sec after entering the barrels.

That sums up my daily game play does that count.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We do Mel, Medusa, or Dreadhorn, most nights on LS. Last EM event sucked, I didn't even see the boss, because it was too crowded. Community events every week:
Call out in chat and others will join you for Cora or Navrey. They call out for roof a lot. They do Blackthorns often, I need a couple of Tabard colors for set #4 so I may set up some Shrine Battles. People will call out for help killing the mage so they can train their pet again.

Some nights nothing is going on unless someone starts it by calling in chat. We talk in Gen chat.

I have been gone a week I think the night I left we did Scalis about 8 players.

Always fun. I do not use any chat programs. I would cuss way too much.

There are regular players that to the Community events and don't do the other things often and vis versa.
Also lots of new or returning players.

Most players that do group hunts on LS are tamers. Some have a Melee toon for the dynamic dungeons.

The next event starts next week so we will be doing that.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it a comfort thing? Just some people don't feel confident on voice?
More a language thing. I'm on Europa, some of our alliance are not as confident with spoken English as with written. Off the top of my head our alliance includes people from Sweden, Bulgaria, Germany, Finland, France and Denmark (excuse me guys if I've missed you out). I'm English. tbh, where they're from is a lot less important than what they're like to play with - and they're the best bunch you could hope for.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yesterday morning I intended to just do a few TMaps to kill an hour so I had my weaver at Brit Bank for a focus. A new-ish player asked me if I knew where to find a scroll for vampire embrace. I spent the next 90min helping him understand how to maximize his sampire template and how to farm Miasma (even bought him a scorpion slayer axe to give me a better chance). The first 20-30min was kind of explaining what to do and where to go and then we went to Miasma and I showed him what to do and had him do different things like use EOO and honor etc so he could see the differences they made or didnt make.

Overall the time I spent playing yesterday actually cost me 5mil but it was fun to help someone new learn the ropes. I enjoyed seeing how surprised they were at the difference it makes to understand the game mechanics (using a scorpion slayer weapon with honor / EOO vs not) and remembered how fun it was for me way back when I "leveled up" and discovered a new monster I could fight for some pretty good profit.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
More a language thing. I'm on Europa, some of our alliance are not as confident with spoken English as with written. Off the top of my head our alliance includes people from Sweden, Bulgaria, Germany, Finland, France and Denmark (excuse me guys if I've missed you out). I'm English. tbh, where they're from is a lot less important than what they're like to play with - and they're the best bunch you could hope for.
Yea, that makes a lot of sense. Thanks.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yesterday morning I intended to just do a few TMaps to kill an hour so I had my weaver at Brit Bank for a focus. A new-ish player asked me if I knew where to find a scroll for vampire embrace. I spent the next 90min helping him understand how to maximize his sampire template and how to farm Miasma (even bought him a scorpion slayer axe to give me a better chance). The first 20-30min was kind of explaining what to do and where to go and then we went to Miasma and I showed him what to do and had him do different things like use EOO and honor etc so he could see the differences they made or didnt make.
The necromancer starting quest will give a full necromancy book. Just gotta start with 49 skill instead of 50 to pick it up, which is a drag.

That was nice of you. Many players have helped me, but I rarely stick around. I do feel guilty about it and try to return stuff though.

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Pardon the garbled text I'm using the voice recognition on my phone because I have an arm disability that is sometimes a lot worse and sometimes tolerable ( currently not tolerable! ) one of the reasons that I still play Ultima Online is because it works better than most games with my foot pedals and pen tablet. I recently converted my Atlantic sampire to Anne Archer so that I could use even fewer buttons and mostly just click on screen icons with my foot pedals. For this reason I rarely talk with people for any extended amount.

But here was my last weekend in Altima: Friday evening around 5 or 5:30 p.m. on Atlantic I went to blackthorn's dungeon. Usually around 7 p.m. several folks show up and we work one of the pods together. I don't know any of these people and often the lineup changes. Anyway I decided to go early Friday and started working the captain's with my Archer by myself. A second player showed up and drugged additional captains up to where I was working mine. I told him not to do that and he told me that he had never done the captains before and was having problems with them. I don't think he was new so much has not tried this particular fight before. I tapped a few lines of text and then he watched while I killed the one that I was on. He called on and we killed several of them just the two of us. People started trickling in and around 6:30 or 6:40 I began announcing which was the active pied in general chat. I continue doing this until about 745 when my arms were really giving me problems but by that time there were maybe 10 to 12 people in there with me.

This is is the 3rd or 4th weekend in a row that I've done this and I pulled in roughly 500 artifacts in that time. I don't sell these I'm just making armor sets for display and occasionally picking up a luck robe. Later that night Redemption began his new magenta net toss and I joined in with roughly 8 or 10 randoms. We did maybe 25 to 30 minutes before I quit but they were still going. Saturday was actually very similar. Saturday night I joined the into a few morenet tosses. Sunday morning I logged on to get some bulk order Deeds and pet killer of the guild united we fight announced in general chat that he was doing a net toss. I think this must have been a Guild event at they just invited everyone to come to because there were far more UWF people than anyone else. It was cool to see people I recognized from when I was in that Guild 10 years ago but I did not speak with anyone because my arms were again hurting and I just focused on double-clicking my chivalry icons. He was almost as enthusiastic about throwing multiple Nets in as Redemption was so we cycled through a ton of net in not very long amount of time.

At all three of these things there was a wide variety of templates, archers throwers and Tamers mostly but there were also some straight Mages and I did see a couple of Dexter's from time to time. So I'm participating in a lot of public activities on Atlantic fairly often and that is the good part. The bad part is that one of those times there was a big political fight going on in general chat where about six or seven people we're defending Russia and Donald Trump against one person who wasn't even arguing so much as stating their understanding. While this was going on I just thought man if a new player or to log in right now they would nope right out of here. A couple people ask to leave politics out of the general chat because they came to play a game and forget about that stuff but it continued so I resorted to adding the eight worst offenders to my ignore list. So that kind of sucked and I would hate for a new player to have that is their first experience or really a returning player, because new players are as mythical as new Legacy.

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I hop on guild hunts usually once or twice per week and maybe a Scalis run on Fridays. Outside of that I have a friend from my original guild from 01-06 that still plays and we get together once/week usually to do random things - hunt pirates, go to EM events, run the dynamic spawns, etc. I jump on for short periods throughout the week to help people with items/gear as well... I am a hoarder and have a ton of stuff that I generally don't use that I try to pass on to people who can.

I keep in touch daily with folks from UO on ICQ and Discord, though.

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
What did you all do? What were their templates like? Was it an EM event? Did you have fun? Did you use Discord or ICQ to talk verbally? How long ago was it? Are you going to play with that person again?
Kinda sad to see that most responses regard group events as playing with another player. I participate in group events but no one really cares for the others around them, the last real UO friends I had have long gone probably well over 12 years ago and that was over ventrilo (ICQ before) for comms. T-hunts and champ spawns were a regular thing we used to do back then which has died now.
I still have interactions with others but most of those are self serving and vice versa. I wish it were otherwise but it's the nature of todays gamers. People want stuff and they want it now and they will use anyone to get that stuff, I have zero genuine friends in UO anymore.

Sad to say but true. I'll still be here till the lights go off though.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Kinda sad to see that most responses regard group events as playing with another player. I participate in group events but no one really cares for the others around them, the last real UO friends I had have long gone probably well over 12 years ago and that was over ventrilo (ICQ before) for comms. T-hunts and champ spawns were a regular thing we used to do back then which has died now.
I still have interactions with others but most of those are self serving and vice versa. I wish it were otherwise but it's the nature of todays gamers. People want stuff and they want it now and they will use anyone to get that stuff, I have zero genuine friends in UO anymore.

The above post is very true:

If you are looking for something that happened 25 years ago then there is no reason to come back to UO. If you want to do content with others or by yourself then UO is for you.

There have been many new ways to socialize online since 1997. Playing an online game or being in an AOL chat room was the main ways until the 2000s. The popular way to socialize comes and goes every few years. I can chat on Yahoo chat with someone if they still use that. LOL Never got the newfangled ICQ.

If you happen to find a group that you may socialize with in UO while doing content, then good for you. But, you wont find them until you try.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
There's no hidden meaning in this topic. It's just a topic to talk and have conversation.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Fountain Room at Shadowguard; me and one other.
That worked pretty well. He was competent and quick; i.e. he knew what he was doing.
Last night.
We were both tamers with good pets.
Yes, fun. The Fountain is my favorite of the Shadowguard rooms. Kudos to the Designer(s) and Implementer(s) of that one.

Whitewolf of *VK*

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
pretty much everyday im in a very active close knit guild, we do alot of things togther and talk constantly in guild chat

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

I disagree with this a little. I still play with the same person I was playing with 8 years ago and there is a third member of her old Guild that plays with us regularly to but the original poster had asked about our most recent group play and mine was with a bunch of random strangers on Atlantic so that was what I answered. But the people who I normally do things with I do Shadow guard, seasonal events, and treasure maps a lot. If one of us need something will do that, such as stygian abias minichamps. I think there are still many groups of people who play regular together. If you hop onto some of the lower shards are groups of people on there who play all the time as a group. On Atlantic there just so many people that it is easy to hop into a public net toss or something like that.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Thursday Night had a few folks with me, we went and did Medusa off the keys that were gifted me... I got another 2 sets of keys now... probably get a group together and go do them. Was a good time....
Then I worked all weekend... now I'm super tired...

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
When I go out with others, we always use Discord to chat.

I did go out last night with 2 other tamers and helped them
with the spawn from their treasure chest in Ilshenar.
I only helped with the one chest but I had so much fun.

other than that, it has been so long
since I have gone out with others.
(might be the last video that Epic Lute streamed)

I am looking forward to this months event
but I am also hoping that I can enjoy it.
(I am still recovering from a surgery
& hopefully won't overdo it, once this event starts)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Doing Scalis right now because someone call out in Chat:

The Noobs dont know to Use a Triton not a horse or dog.

1647307175373.png

More here for #3.
1647308698402.png

Besides Tamers, 2 Archers and 2 Mages.

Last edited:

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I only do things with other people. Usually they would prefer that I didn't play with them, but I always enjoy myself and that's all that matters.

mihali

Sage
Doing Scalis right now because someone call out in Chat:

The Noobs dont know to Use a Triton not a horse or dog.

View attachment 128337

More here for #3.
View attachment 128338

Besides Tamers, 2 Archers and 2 Mages.
Why use a triton? What spec for Scalis? Why not use Dog or Mare? Ty for info. (Is it the Scalis resists or rather the triton specific spec you use that is best fit on Triton?) ty for information, appreciate.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why use a triton? What spec for Scalis? Why not use Dog or Mare? Ty for info. (Is it the Scalis resists or rather the triton specific spec you use that is best fit on Triton?) ty for information, appreciate.
Scalis stats are like this:
1647314800864.png

All resists are over 80 so any pet can damage it near the same amount. A Cu would theoretically work great since it should have 70 to 80 in those 3 resists.

But notice in the first picture, There is a ghost horse and Cu walking around. My Triton just needs a Gift of Renewal and he stays above 95% HP. When that runs out just a heal every once in a while will keep him above 80% HP. Even tho he has Resists like this:
1647315070006.png

I can concentrate on healing players and killing eels.

Not sure why Tritons stay alive easier than other pet types on Scalis but they do. If Scalis aggros any other pet type with just GoR, That pet will die pretty quick

The one I use for Scalis Has these abilities:

1647315326484.png

He keeps Scalis poisoned and chomps away.

mihali

Sage
Scalis stats are like this:
View attachment 128341

All resists are over 80 so any pet can damage it near the same amount. A Cu would theoretically work great since it should have 70 to 80 in those 3 resists.

But notice in the first picture, There is a ghost horse and Cu walking around. My Triton just needs a Gift of Renewal and he stays above 95% HP. When that runs out just a heal every once in a while will keep him above 80% HP. Even tho he has Resists like this:
View attachment 128342

I can concentrate on healing players and killing eels.

Not sure why Tritons stay alive easier than other pet types on Scalis but they do. If Scalis aggros any other pet type with just GoR, That pet will die pretty quick

The one I use for Scalis Has these abilities:

View attachment 128343

He keeps Scalis poisoned and chomps away.
Appreciated very much. Thanks.

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I played with Guild mates today. We typically use Discord. I had a few sets of Mel Keys and another guildy had a few Medusa sets. We used Tamers, Archers and Sampires for them. I reguarly play with 20 or so different guild mates.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Appreciated very much. Thanks.
I made a Thread about them when they came out.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The last night I was ingame I was with another player who called out in GC " Crazed Mage Jumparama!'" Not the exact wording but close enough. He was down there training a pet. I brought one to train and someone else brought one. As usual we quipped back and forth a bit while he healed and I cast poison fields. The 3rd person who came down stood in the corner, didn't talk, didn't heal, didn't cast. We took care of their pet. Some wouldn't, some would. *shrugs*

John Knighthawke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
To me it's a bit of an odd question because technically you're playing with other players if you merely buy something off of a vendor, hire the services of a crafter, pick something up off the ground at Luna, or whatnot.

obeeee

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I do the roof with one other. Monday / Wednesday rooms. Tuesday / Thursday Roof. We use ICQ to talk and it helps ALOT. Always a bit less than an hour basically cuz I've gotten much better at The Fountain.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We used to have a player that did daily Dreadhorns. And trips to a certain spawn. ^^^^^

Now he does roof.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Last night, on Chessy with several others in Discord, then back on Sonoma with others in discord also. Most likely yes I will be playing with them again

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Last night, on Chessy with several others in Discord, then back on Sonoma with others in discord also. Most likely yes I will be playing with them again
I love Chessy. It's my favorite shard. The big Alliance on Chessy is just the best. Phoenix kicked my butt once and I haven't washed it since.

Jennifer-Marie

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hmm ... I typically play for a little bit every single day with a small group of friends (we are also all in one guild on Great Lakes). A few times a week (depending on how much time we have), we will branch out and do some PvM things with other people in other guilds, or nonguilded players. We do a lot of teaching and helping, also.

PvM, EM Events, Global Events, Crafting (just last night), some of the people PvP occasionally ... we are jacks of all trades with a wide range of templates.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
be me...

see title of the thread...

think this is going to be a "Dear Penthouse Letters" type thread...

remember this is Stratics...

:sad4:

:D

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I think some of the problem with the "public" event thing (ie taking random people along for Lady Mel / Doom / UW Boss) is that people who can do things solo (which for some is most things except maybe Scalis) get tired of people mooching and for some fights like the gauntlet having someone there that doesn't know what they are doing or is just in it for their own benefit (doesn't want to work as a team) it will actually make it harder.

Perfect example is the gauntlet. I've gone over and gave a shout in Gen Chat for anyone who wants to catch a ride since it's nothing extra to bring them. People will accept the free ride. The problem is that most of the time those people aren't looking to play as a group. So they are the people that want to ensure they get to honor the DF to do more damage and go run down before anyone else which usually ends up with them dragging both DF up and a swarm of spawn with them before anyone is ready. Then when you finally separate the DFs enough to focus on one they hop in and instead of maybe helping clear some spawn as it pops up they only focus on spamming AI until they are suddenly overwhelmed which then they panic and run (and might die) which then puts all the spawn on someone else.

That's why typically I do things solo; it's ultimately quicker/easier to do them solo rather than invite random people who are only want to use the group for their own self gain.

That said, I have met some people at Shadowguard that I will do a single room with (so I can leave the room if things get too out of hand) that know what they are doing and those are the people I typically look for again to do more things with.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I mainly play star citizen right now, but when I do log in I still have a tamer and a Cu in UW. Logged in to find my char dead which means some low life lured on me while I was timing out. So another nail in the coffin. Might look to sell up and put the gold in bank and look at pastures new

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think some of the problem with the "public" event thing (ie taking random people along for Lady Mel / Doom / UW Boss) is that people who can do things solo (which for some is most things except maybe Scalis) get tired of people mooching and for some fights like the gauntlet having someone there that doesn't know what they are doing or is just in it for their own benefit (doesn't want to work as a team) it will actually make it harder.

Perfect example is the gauntlet. I've gone over and gave a shout in Gen Chat for anyone who wants to catch a ride since it's nothing extra to bring them. People will accept the free ride. The problem is that most of the time those people aren't looking to play as a group. So they are the people that want to ensure they get to honor the DF to do more damage and go run down before anyone else which usually ends up with them dragging both DF up and a swarm of spawn with them before anyone is ready. Then when you finally separate the DFs enough to focus on one they hop in and instead of maybe helping clear some spawn as it pops up they only focus on spamming AI until they are suddenly overwhelmed which then they panic and run (and might die) which then puts all the spawn on someone else.

That's why typically I do things solo; it's ultimately quicker/easier to do them solo rather than invite random people who are only want to use the group for their own self gain.

That said, I have met some people at Shadowguard that I will do a single room with (so I can leave the room if things get too out of hand) that know what they are doing and those are the people I typically look for again to do more things with.
Yup. When the Doom revamp was new, I farmed it for a bit with the two guildmates who were still active in UO at the time. We figured out the changes and had them all down to a science. Multiple DF's, we would kill in a few minutes. One night, I believe the weekly community hunts on LS had Doom on the schedule, so all of the tamers came down and tried to do it the old way, which doesn't work. As a result, it turned into a MASSIVE headache, and what should have taken 10 minutes? It turned into AT LEAST 30 minutes of trying to coordinate people who refused to listen to the people that knew what they were doing.

More recently, the players on LS did some Travesty runs, and they tend to make it "chaotic" in regards to her transforming into other players. Which works with a larger group, but when you don't have that amount of people, you want to cheese it. So I told them how to do it, and it went smoothly. On another night, I took a returning player through Shadowguard. When we went into the Belfry, I told the people I had partied with one thing: to let me handle it. I had all 3 of my tamers there and each one has a flying pet, all of them a Chiv/AI build (Crimson/Platinum Drakes from Ice Dungeon + a prepatch WW with 752 Strength.) When we came in, someone rang the bell, and two of my characters ended up dying because of the drakes. We ended up doing it my way anyway :rolleyes:

On Atlantic, I haven't had any issues at all. I've done a fair amount of Blackthorn farming, did a few Shadowguard runs last night, and one Underwater Boss run; they have all gone smoothly. Depending on the # of people in Blackthorn, it might not be worth continuing, but if that happens, we just leave.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I remember that DF the community hunt happened to choose that encounter. I think we took almost 2 full parties. Mostly tamers. Many had never been there.

It was insane. Seemed it took longer than 30 minutes, at the end only about 5 of the group remained. Was fun.

Riner

Journeyman
Governor
To many times to pick one. I'm in a guild on Great Lakes and normally do things with them. Varies from day to day from peerless, champs, quests, or pirating. Not to mention EM events, shard events, lots of things to do and people to do it with.