• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

depopulation of my shard

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Yea all these people pay a sub to play an online game and actually want to see other people... SHEEP! This could have been answered without the snarky, fedora-speak.
No : Slayvite is right! SHEEP is SHEEP! look at the post below also. All goods are siphoned out to Atlantic from all over..Do you need many examples? Why? this is reality, this is what is going on, killing other shards, and pretty soon moving everything and everyone to Atlantic.
Examples? Look at all high priced loot, EM drops, items. Go to Atl and do a vendor search and youll see all your EM items for example, from your shard being sold in Atlantic. Powerscrolls? same? etc etc..This is rampant and unchecked. Not a very balanced situation, and there are a lot of recommendations by players that will NOT take place. Like : Make ALL EM items, and ALL Powerscrolls SHARD BOUND, and a simple, easy baby step to start with. Then maybe nuke the Shard shields, or limit them one way or another...There are a lot of good suggestions in the posts.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You work with 10 UO Players?
Hell, I can't find one in my whole county...
There was one living 2 blocks from me... he and I went to the 20th together but he quit playing not long after AoS... I think there is one that lives about 40 or so miles from me... but I haven't talked to him in awhile so I'm guessing he and his wife quit again but she had some sort of accident so .... guess that's understandable... but other than those two I don't know of anyone else in my STATE that plays UO.

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
You work with 10 UO Players?
Hell, I can't find one in my whole county...
I live in a commerce city with a high pop. I also work at a place responsible for about 1/10 of the jobs in the city that aren’t related to healthcare (internet provider). In my dept alone there are 7000 people and about 80 in the break room at any given time. And if I’m honest I work with more, but a lot of them refuse to play Prodo shards, and play emulated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
There was one living 2 blocks from me... he and I went to the 20th together but he quit playing not long after AoS... I think there is one that lives about 40 or so miles from me... but I haven't talked to him in awhile so I'm guessing he and his wife quit again but she had some sort of accident so .... guess that's understandable... but other than those two I don't know of anyone else in my STATE that plays UO.
I responded to the original response as well, but two of them play on my home shard the others are all scattered about.
Heck even my roommate plays it, though it’s few and far between (honesty thinking he’ll be someone that will switch to EJ).

I used to know many more. I’ve worked other jobs where people I worked with used to play. And many many times I hear one of three answers when I ask why they quit.
1. AoS killed it for me (which is very prominent even here on stratics)
2. Couldn’t afford it with life events
3. (I swear on my very hefty life insurance) Everything moves to Atlantic and I can’t stand that community/ everyone picked up and left the home shard. Usually a mix of both on this.

Someone also told me that he is HUGE into RP but said that he quit UO when the EM event items seemed to be the only reason anyone did events anymore. He said he’d rather spend 6 hours in the park LARPing then deal with the greed and maliciousness the community bred over the years.

I’ve talked to many a person about this game in RL. They have the same complaints that I have (give or take). What really cracks me up are the keyboard warriors who only have to leave home when they run out of food (or toilet paper) that abused this game to the point they can make a living off of it are 9/10 the ones who ***** and moan about anything that could remotely help contain (at this point no such thing as fixing) the damage that countless changes of leadership and a mountain of bad decisions have brought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No : Slayvite is right! SHEEP is SHEEP! look at the post below also. All goods are siphoned out to Atlantic from all over..Do you need many examples? Why? this is reality, this is what is going on, killing other shards, and pretty soon moving everything and everyone to Atlantic.
Examples? Look at all high priced loot, EM drops, items. Go to Atl and do a vendor search and youll see all your EM items for example, from your shard being sold in Atlantic. Powerscrolls? same? etc etc..This is rampant and unchecked. Not a very balanced situation, and there are a lot of recommendations by players that will NOT take place. Like : Make ALL EM items, and ALL Powerscrolls SHARD BOUND, and a simple, easy baby step to start with. Then maybe nuke the Shard shields, or limit them one way or another...There are a lot of good suggestions in the posts.
How in the world does this have anything to do with people choosing to play Atlantic being sheep ?

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
How in the world does this have anything to do with people choosing to play Atlantic being sheep ?
I think Slayvite means that the majority of people do not express their opinions, and take things as they come down from above..accepting everything almost regardless of long term foresight and consequences, that may be true at least in part. Also a lot of people just have given up complaining, suggesting, etc. They may have come to the conclusion that their suggestions are ignored anyway.
Personally I think that the devs do pay attention, but changes happen really slowly..