• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dennars' FoF please add yours to the list

G

1) What is happening to Blackrock pieces? Will there ever be anything to do with them besides take up item count?

2) What is happening with snake skins and ophidian rations? Will there ever be anything to do with them besides take up item count?

3) How big is the GM staff?

4) How goes the battle against cheaters? Or did they win?

5) Are you ever going to have a FoF with questions that the general player base actually cares about?

I invite everyone to add their own FoF maybe (but I doubt it) some actual player questions will get answered.

G

1. Why won't you bring back the EM program?

2. When is SA going to be released?

3. Is SA going to be in 2d?

4. What are the details of SA?

5. When are EA going to throw in the towel?

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1) When are you going to start developing the game with milestones in mind, and include in your plan some advanced thinking like having holiday events planned well in advance, and having anniversary vet rewards in *gasp* before the anniversary?

2) What is the plan for the development of the KR interface so that instead of attempting to be every other MMOG out there, that it actually reflects the style of game that UO is, and works as it should?

3) When are you going to return to providing information about upcoming events, patches, changes, publishes, and so forth in advance of actually pushing it out, ie: using In Development as a method to announce what's coming down the pipe?

4) What is the next major content release for UO?

5) When will the website, which is not developed by the developers, going to be updated to really reflect what is going on in game, and a plan laid out to keep it up to date with the changes in the game?

J

JoyousGard

1.) Is it possible to create quiver enhancers that override the arrows, bow, quiver, and person? Maybe something with a (damage*2) effect, or a (LJskill-.22*2) effect.

2.) Can you make an item called "Sheath" that has damage abilities that override the power of the sword it carries? Maybe something with a (Med+1/2) effect, or a ({Tame [Real]/Tame [Max]}*2) effect.

3.) Can you create new item slots and items that create 2x the resistances and damages types? Maybe a toe ring or nipple piercing that gives HP regen? Something with a (Toe ring brightness - 4 * 2) effect.

4.) There are not enough purple animals on steroids. This is established fact. When lacking creative ideas, can you make an entire section of forest filled with purple legacy animals on steroids? OR maybe just add another dozen tamable beetles? Maybe (Purple hue intensity / Real Wrestling * 2) effect.

5.) You are doing a great job! Can you stay with us forever and ever?

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1)New content/balance for crafters will be introduced when?

2)When will we start seeing UO games on the shelves at major retail stores?

3)With some Oriental Stylings in the game,why can't we have wrestlers get Martial Arts style 'hand wraps" or brass knuckes(thug type
) for better damage output comparable to dagger/wooden club damage output?

4)Brewing skill introduced (read#1)

5)Make it possible EA/Mythic for us,the players,help you make a better game by allowing us,the players,more freedom to make it our game. I mean bring back EM's that have played the game for a few years,bring back story lines that arnt the same ole "Go kill high-level beast and get uber loot to sell on a Luna vendor" deal. I know some arn't interested in a story line unless it has a potential to put millions in their bank,but there are those like me that are,even if there isn't a pot of gold at the end of that rainbow.

G

1. When are you planning on finishing up Virtues?

2. Are there currently any plans to update any parts of the 2D UI?

3. How much work have you put into the faction rework?

4. Do we have any new devs that PvP (in UO, preferabley on a mage) on a consistent basis?

5. What developments do I have to look forward too, to convince me to keep my account open?

I

imported_Lundan

1. Ophidian items turn in. When & where? Also, Inu and all the other related stuff, will the story ever pick back up? I long for more runic messages atop the 'ol UO Herald.

2. UO:SA. Is anyone even working on it? Do we have actually gameplay footage available to see(i.e. paperdolls of gargoyles & the new city/dungeon).

C. When can I dust off my T-Hunter/Fisher and do something useful with him? Maybe increase the properties that spawn on chests or T-Hunter/Fisher specific minor arties/new deco, aside from the Level 6 arties.

8. I can't think of anything.......To be continued.....

G

Germanicus07

Nice questions, only one problem....

Jeremy never answers real questions from the actual player base, she only answers those that she likes, or questions that no none is asking about, like this weeks FOF.

I for one, think that she should just stop already with the lame FOF's. If you don't have anything to say to the player base about REAL information, then just say, we do not have any updates at this time. It wouldn't make the player base any less angry than it already is.

Germanicus

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

4. Do we have any new devs that PvP (in UO, preferabley on a mage) on a consistent basis?

[/ QUOTE ] I agree with this completely! Devs should take time of each work day just to play the game and see it through our eyes! From crafting,PvP,maybe even a little RP to see what can make this game better over all.Well said In Flames.

I

imported_Coldren

<blockquote><hr>

1. Why won't you bring back the EM program?

2. When is SA going to be released?

3. Is SA going to be in 2d?

4. What are the details of SA?

5. When are EA going to throw in the towel?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wager *I* could even guess at an answer for these:

1) For legal reasons and money, which is why similar programs the last two time. Legal reasons should be obvious (Corruption, etc.), money in terms of monitoring what they do would be an added cost, and management for them, etc. Many reasons NOT to have it, but one reason TO have it is all it takes, if you ask me.

2)My guess: Expect an announcement of either indefinite postponement, or at least a 8-month wait, either of which will be about 6 months from now.

3) SA, KR.. It's isometric 2D.. They may be 3D models, but you'll never see them as "3D".

4) Big Big Big dungeon, Gargoyles, some neat monster AI like the Dark Knight, town within the dungeon, and maybe a new skill or two... At best.

5) My bet: within 1-2 years of Warhammer's launch.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Jeremy never answers real questions from the actual player base, she only answers those that she likes, or questions that no none is asking about, like this weeks FOF.

[/ QUOTE ]So true. Every time there seems to be some excuse, like she's travelling or the devs are moving or its a holiday or she's washing her hair...

She should do her job properly and note the top five hot topics that appear on the boards each week and produce real answers about them.

I

imported_ParadoxUO

* waves the pompoms *

Give me a J!
Give me a E!

Stop bugging her... if any of you had to deal with the brats on these boards (myself included) you would be banging your head to the walls... (specially with her Boss...)

Lets support Jeremy and make her our voice into EA/Mythic...

GO JEREMY, you rock!

*dodges the Fish*

I

imported_S!ckLoveR

1. Are you serious?

2. No, really...?

3. I mean.. Seriously?

4. Cuz like.. I don't even want to waste time to think of real FoF questions anymore..? I am not too interested.

5. This sux? UO = R.I.P?

Fatbobby1

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. Didn't Dennar quit UO?
2. If so, why does he still come here to whine and moan about the current state of the game?
3. Does Dennar have anything better to do than complain?
4. Doesn't Dennar play a new MMO now?
5. If he hasn't closed his account yet, can I have his stuff?

Stigmatas

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

2. If so, why does he still come here to whine and moan about the current state of the game?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

too good

You could add so many names to that post hehe.

I love it. Hear ye hear ye. You get post of the month award.

G

1. What's the calculations involved with luck, fame gain/loss, karma gain/loss in groups? Does it involve fractals?

2. At what point would the economy be so distorted as to justify deleting every item in the game and starting over? I'm thinking it was May 2002 but what's your opinion?

3. Could the upcoming event involve one-hit-kill monsters that take 50 players an hour to kill? We don't see too much of that.

4. Could you give the artist doing the graphics for the new client a bigger monitor? It shows.

5. Where's the beef?

--Georg

I

imported_Lord Kynd

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

that seems to be what happens to 90% of the people that quit, they come her and cry about stuff and make things harder for those of us that still enjoy the game.

my 5 on friday question is simple ...

can EA bring back the MYUO boards ? please
at least then accounts are linked to the posting name and non-currently playing people can read but not post.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

that seems to be what happens to 90% of the people that quit, they come her and cry about stuff and make things harder for those of us that still enjoy the game.

my 5 on friday question is simple ...

at least then accounts are linked to the posting name and non-currently playing people can read but not post.

[/ QUOTE ]

In response to fatbobby1, Stigmatas and you. I am sorry if my crying here upsets you so much. As I have posted I have agreed to the sale of my account and am making the transfer in May. In the meantime I am still paying my monthly account fee. I think that qualifies me the right to come here and post.

While I may not post things that you or the other two would like me to, I fail to see the need for the three of you to make attempts at insulting me. I thought that was against the ROC.

Now I wonder Lord Kynd, if you would be so kind as to post a list of allowed items that can be posted on Uhall according to you that would make the game better for those of you that enjoy the game. After all I would not want to come here and go against your wishes.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean non current paying people can read but not post.

I'm not current playing or only very rare but foolish me is still paying and hoping, that the game again will be playable for me. And yes I'm posting to make that happen.

I think DENNAR wish to play again try to make the game playable for him.

If EA ever success making the game playable for both DENNAR and me then I believe we could draw both old players back and gain alot of new players.

But sadly, that will never happen, the game is so messed up that it's not possible.

P

pallas

<blockquote><hr>

Lets support Jeremy and make her our voice into EA/Mythic...

[/ QUOTE ]

I think she has had adequate time to do it efficiently and has failed on most counts thus far. I'm not the only one as you can see who feels that way, either.

G

Pallas in all honesty I expect nothing to be accomplished by this thread other than to point out we the players of UO are not idiots. We can see what is being done. If EA/Mythic think they are pulling the wool over our eyes we can show them they are not.

You have been around long enough as have I, and other posters in this thread, even Freija who usually is at odds with me, to recognize the FoF is not really any different than the old UHOC meetings.

They would have players join the IRC room and submit questions to the visiting team. Usually the questions that were of interest to very few or were so off the wall or had no ingame impact were the only ones answered. It was rare to have a question that had any meat to it answered with anything that resembled an intelligent answer. It was usally "we are looking into that" or "the team is working on something that will shock and awe you".

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We don't need any more questions that have answers like this.

x% skill - Gm skill + Power scroll -stat loss/insurance + item bless = who care 99.9% of players

G

<blockquote><hr>

We don't need any more questions that have answers like this.

x% skill - Gm skill + Power scroll -stat loss/insurance + item bless = who care 99.9% of players

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree but we do need updates to the playguide and I think the Devs need an intern documentations on how the game works including stuff like (damage = (base damage * ( 30 + (9 * Eval Int/10) ) ) / 100.))
I have the feeling, that the game is so complicated that they have no idea what will be effectet if they changes a variable for something.

In FoF we want to here news about new stuff or news about fix of the game

Stigmatas

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was mainly just responding to his post cuz it gave me a chuckle. It's not really you I was thinking of, hence the "you could add so many names on that list" part.

Your not crying. You've got some good questions there presented in a decent way.

Sure it would have been more funny if it had been *you know who you are* posters

Fatbobby1

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

In response to fatbobby1, Stigmatas and you. I am sorry if my crying here upsets you so much. As I have posted I have agreed to the sale of my account and am making the transfer in May. In the meantime I am still paying my monthly account fee. I think that qualifies me the right to come here and post.

While I may not post things that you or the other two would like me to, I fail to see the need for the three of you to make attempts at insulting me. I thought that was against the ROC.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where's the insult? I'm just pointing out your actions or lack of actions, much like you're doing w/ the devs.

You can post all you want, whether you're a paying subscriber or not. I just think its sad that you have nothing better to do than to cry about a game you don't even play. Couldn't you just, like, go away or something?

As if this forum needs the additional negativity. There's already 100 or so of your clones that do nothing but complain without offering anything constructive.

HD2300

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Where's the insult? I'm just pointing out your actions or lack of actions, much like you're doing w/ the devs.

You can post all you want, whether you're a paying subscriber or not. I just think its sad that you have nothing better to do than to cry about a game you don't even play. Couldn't you just, like, go away or something?

As if this forum needs the additional negativity. There's already 100 or so of your clones that do nothing but complain without offering anything constructive.

[/ QUOTE ]

What has Legendary butt kissing achieved this last year, besides a whole load of crap?

What is truely sad is that now players have to complain incessantly or embarrass before anything gets done.

G

1. Is SA still planned as the next expansion?

2. If SA is still planned as the next expansion what is the hold up?

3. Is the blackrock event we tested for the machine in moonglow ever going to be continued?

4. What are the plans for the now destroyed Magincia?

5. Will there be more fixes for the 2D map since the changes to make it look better in KR and what is the exact KR to 2D user ratio per shard?

G

1. What would the performance difference be between a 2d/KR accessible shard and one that is KR only?

2. What are the chances that an InsideKR viewer program be developed?

3. Which is a more favored patch/publish schedule... small frequent updates or larger updates that take one or two months to deploy?

4. How "vocal" are the new additions to the team going to be allowed to be?

5. Is the plan for SA to keep it as a KR-based expansion or has that been backtracked as LBR was for the 3d client with Ilshenar?

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
think all questions are what is plan if there is one for the game??

next question is cheating now, on like colored robes, unsupported at this time and open to change??? ie: can do but if flagrant about will do something about!!!

we will talk about SA when apprant to many subsriberers disenchanted!!!! talking not emplamenting that is!!!!!!!!!!

G

1) Did the peace treaty with the ophidians recognize them as a state outside of the Brittania's control?

2) What is the political structure of the kingdom these days? Is it the same across all shards?

3) Magincia looks ... um ... a little worse the wear since I last visited. Assuming the refugees intend to return and rebuild, would they prefer shipments of stone or lumber?

4) It is a year (give or take the mapping of ingame/outofgame time) since the publication of "The Pen is Mightier" assailing the Yew court system. Since I no longer hear of rallies against this "injustice" and the Richardo posters at major banks have survived the year without vandalism, can we assume that the controversy has died down?

5) I shudder to ask, but is the seasonal bacon on the way?

G

1) When will there be new plants to grow?

2) Is there a reason to keep Ophidian items and stone and building pieces of rubble? Related, is Magincia going to be rebuilt?

3) At what point are you going to give timely and more accurate updates regarding patches, publishes and short and long term goals for the game? This includes letting us know if something is delayed or not happening so people don't waste time waiting. (beta tests, events beginning/ending on time)

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean non current paying people can read but not post.

I'm not current playing or only very rare but foolish me is still paying and hoping, that the game again will be playable for me. And yes I'm posting to make that happen.

I think DENNAR wish to play again try to make the game playable for him.

If EA ever success making the game playable for both DENNAR and me then I believe we could draw both old players back and gain alot of new players.

But sadly, that will never happen, the game is so messed up that it's not possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

A LOT of people wish the game was playable again for them and would play again if things changed. I got a good one though:

1) Is there any chance we could have Wilki come back for a guest 5 on Friday?

When he started them they were meatier and had a lot of hot button topics, now they seem more like PR fluff.