• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Defense Chance Bug

G

At first I didn't believe this was true but now I do. I play a red necro mage who has 67 DCI on his suit. I have 120 fencing and I use a spell channeling dagger and an Arcane Shield. When I PvP it seems as though I have no DCI or around 15. I don't know how my character became afflicted with this bug but my guild mates, who are very experienced pvpers, have told me that my character is lost and that my best hope is to get new scrolls and train a new character. I've also heard that there are other people who have this problem as well. If it helps, I have shard transfered several times and I have had 120 parry and high dex on my template before. I really do not want to train a new character from scratch considering my character who is bugged is 5x legendary and has his stats and template exactly as I want. Unfortunately, I am not willing to play this character until the problem is discovered and I may have to create a new character in order to play a mage again. Maybe the char is bugged with perma Hit Lower Defense or the switching parry around on the template damaged the base DCI. Thanks and I hope someone can help me out with this dilemma.

S

slasherofveils

I had this problem when I reactivated my account on my dexxer. The char has -20 DCI completely naked and I have tried everything to fix it.

I paged a gm, got a canned response to email dev team and that I would most likely never hear back (gm actually said that lol)

so I asked here. Few things lower DCI but here's the list

Divine Fury
Honorable execution
HLD on a player hitting you

Now my understandin is if you crash while under the effects it (sometimes)? can become permanent. or something. Honestly I tried dying while under the effects of each, and crashing under effects of each cept getting hit with HLD (asked but no responses for someone to come whack me with a hld wep)

honestly tho, no idea... I stopped playing that char and rolld a new dexxer, though luckily I hadnt spent much money on the previous char =/

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yep a few friends of mine are afflicted with this as well.

He logged onto a char that was *normal* and I took my tamer with NO weapon skills at all and tried to hit him with a sword...wiff wiff wiff...then he logged onto his afflicted char and I hit him every time LOL it was funny....not sure how it happens but it does and I don't know how or IF it can be fixed, he just doesn't play that char anymore.

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Really? I always blame it on the RNG but heck this kinda make sense when my 120 wresl inscribe mage (dont laugh I take it out to the pvp field and pvp underpowered once in awhile) with 45dci getting hit maybe 120% of the time if some trammie archer is shooting at me.

I

imported_Tabby Kapak

How can one check his/her own (base) DCI while being nekkid?

G

<blockquote><hr>

How can one check his/her own (base) DCI while being nekkid?

[/ QUOTE ]

KR

G

KR really shows your base DCI? Guess I'm going to have to download it again.