• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(OT) Deepwater Public Library re-opens its doors !

Kas Valentine

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've just logged in after quite a while of absence and I wondered why I hadn't had any entries on the message board, since s'been a year or two since I was last in the tower. I checked the security settings and sure enough, I'd accidentally left the front doors on 'owner only'. If anyone has been looking for a specific book from the library or just wanted to browse, my apologies.

S'a pretty interesting library, when I took the building from a friend who was escaping to WoW years ago (thanks Elv'eng) he stipulated that my ownership depended upon keeping the library floor intact. S'had a few improvements over the years, but largely remains the same as it was in the days when the surrounding area was populated by the player town of Deepwater. Sadly the town is almost completely dormant these days, with the only real remnant of former glory personified by the Owl's Eye Tavern which is a few screens to the west of the library tower. Nevertheless you can find many books written by former residents (including a whole section by the former town mayor, Dardan Brook) as well as fiction and non-fiction from across Britannia.

Don't be shy, give it a look !

For anyone curious about giving the place a visit, s'pretty easy to find. Go to Justice shrine in Felucca, cross the water directly south of you and you'll find the tower. I've attached a basic sketch to make your search easier...

Happy reading !

Kas Valentine

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've put up a fresh bulletin board since the previous one was full, so if you visit please feel inclined to leave a message. S'nice to be able to monitor traffic to the library and general Deepwater area. The older bulletin boards with catalogued messages date back to 2005, so people are still passing through, thankfully.

Anyhoo, have fun reading !

Last edited:

Flagg

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tis' nice so see an old face. Next time I log I will surely poke around some. Leaving fingerprints and stuff to places.