• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Decrease of drop rate of Minax items

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Since Pub 97, for me the drop rate of Minax items in Blackthorn dungeon has decreased.
Before Pub 97: three per hour
Now: just slightly more than one per hour

Same for both Tram and Fel.

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I think I started back after pub 97 or about, i'm getting about 1 drop every 1-2 hours. i tried every spawn except ele and it does not get faster just slower

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's a lot faster if you kill the Captains. 2 per Captain, guaranteed. Two Warriors practicing the ancient, almost lost art of bandy cross healing, can stomp the Captains, especially if they're using Weapon Masteries. Onslaught works great against Captains with 0 Resists but high Health, while Stagger and Pierce work great against hard hitting Captains such as Macers or Fencers, greatly slowing down their attack speed and making them less dangerous.
I usually do Blackthorns Captains on my Macer/Pally. Between Hit Fatigue on my wep dropping their Stam to 0%, and Stagger giving them a -60% SSI debuff, i'm pretty much never in danger of dying against the Captains once they run out of Stamina.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Captains are a great source of minax arties, indeed. And they are not too tough to solo with a paladin with healing.
Depending on the spawn, you can get a lot of drops per hour there.

Edit:

An old video I posted before.
Takes about 4 to 5 minutes to solo the melee captains. Squishier ones like mages and mystics go down in 2 or 3 minutes.
They pay off quite well for the time invested.

Last edited:

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Ok not sure what i was fighting as it does not sound like a captain(or act like what was in video), i took a tamer down and fought someone called Egan the macer with the title master of arachnids underneath. He hit me once with about 100 points damage and lethal poisoned me and dropped my stamina to 0(against 70's)and died a split second after(first death). I was using a fully trained up and fully scrolled out CU( i invised my second time) which was doing 7-10 per hit and 46-50 with AI, he normally does 145-158 point AI's. he has 80 phys, fire and energy, 70 cold and 55 poison. was getting hit for 100 frequently while only seemed to hit 1 in 3-4 attacks. tried mage heals but got teleported to Egan and died immediately. I think i will pass on this nonsense in the future, it is obviously not for my tamers and i don't have a sampire anymore

Last edited:

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Bringing a sampire to fight captains would be suicide anyway.
You want a healing/chiv dexxer with a 100% elemental damage weapon with hit harm or hit lightning instead!

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Bringing a sampire to fight captains would be suicide anyway.
You want a healing/chiv dexxer with a 100% elemental damage weapon with hit harm or hit lightning instead!
well taking a tamer was suicide, a healing/chiv dexxer is also out. when I came back to game all my soul stones and the skills on them were gone( one of my char's had them but i must have grabbed them close to shard closing down) as well as large number of power scrolls, my imbuing skill, and all my combat skills(except for my archery and a chiv on my archer/chiv tamer) were gone like smoke in the wind. Not that I am complaining(did not think they could recover account, but they did). I am currently working up imbuing( at 110 currently), but not going to do any combat skills for one dungeon, and i never have been a big combat skill fan anyway. I am working a mage/fighter hybrid but doubt he will be ready any time soon as i am doing to much other stuff to work on him much.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
well taking a tamer was suicide, a healing/chiv dexxer is also out. when I came back to game all my soul stones and the skills on them were gone( one of my char's had them but i must have grabbed them close to shard closing down) as well as large number of power scrolls, my imbuing skill, and all my combat skills(except for my archery and a chiv on my archer/chiv tamer) were gone like smoke in the wind. Not that I am complaining(did not think they could recover account, but they did). I am currently working up imbuing( at 110 currently), but not going to do any combat skills for one dungeon, and i never have been a big combat skill fan anyway. I am working a mage/fighter hybrid but doubt he will be ready any time soon as i am doing to much other stuff to work on him much.
Tamers aren't 100% ideal there, but it is pretty doable to do it running consume damage and vet healing. The melee captains have 160+ weapon skill, which explains your Cu missing so much against the captain.
I never had a macer poison me, though. Only assassins, mages and thieves tend to poison you there.
Are you sure there wasn't an assassin or thieve nearby when you were attacking the captain?

At Legends I saw two people dealing with them with two Cus (mostly ideal pet there for not doing any physical damage) without much problem.

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
It is possible there was another nearby that poisoned me, did not see though, i died rather quickly. never got a chance to use consume damage as he kept switching target off pet to me. Still i am trying to figure out why my CU was not doing any significant damage, i figure he must have had around 90-95 resists in energy and cold according to damage that CU was doing. However that does not explain my CU's AI's only doing 46-50 hp when they normally do about 3 times that. Thought about using a caster, but their teleporting you constantly to their location( and paragon speed) pretty much rules that out.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
They probably follow the same Shame BS that they put. So your pet is doing like 30 to 50% damage to them instead of full damage.
Same that happens when you fight Unbound EVs, eternal gazers and the crazed.

Reactions: afk

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
They probably follow the same Shame BS that they put. So your pet is doing like 30 to 50% damage to them instead of full damage.
Same that happens when you fight Unbound EVs, eternal gazers and the crazed.
lol, was not aware of that. so that pretty much makes shame a training pet only dungeon. I can't say i'm liking the changes they made to the old dungeons(since i've been back), would rather that they had left them alone.