• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Site Feed Decoding the Book of Ancients Event – 8/6 @ 7PM PDT

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We will be continuing the Adventures of Trinsic Jones this coming Sunday the 6th of August at 7PM PDT.

In our previous adventure, Trinsic Jones along with our heroes acquired a map and ventured into the depths of an unknown tomb. During their daring encounters with the undead and a sleeping dragon, they found an ancient book written in an unknown language.

Trinsic Jones needs your help! In order to decode the book, he requires your aid once again! Come join Trinsic Jones this Sunday at 7PM PDT and help him to discover what secrets the book of Ancients holds!

Continue reading...

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Decoding the Book of Ancients​

Once again a summons went out all over the land, we were needed to assist with decoding a Ancient Book. All gather at Luna bank, awaiting the open gate to the event. Most felted lost when they realized that this was not the sort of event they were used to. Where we went from the huge number of people in the beginning to only a handful at the end.

Trinsic Jones: Hello everyone! Thank you for coming tonight! Many here tonight! I am in need of your help! During our time apart I have asked our scholars help in coming up with a spell to decode the book of ancients.

A Rosetta stone Spell of sorts. They have since traveled to some of our towns in search of the answer. Seeking help from the mages I ask that you go to them and retrieve the words of power so that we can once and for all decode this ancient book!

The first one can be found in Trinsic, in the company of mages. In fact, you will find the others to be in the company of mages as well. However, I am sure the one in Trinsic may know what town to go to next. Once you have spoken to all the Scholars, return to me with the words of power.

The first to return with the knowledge written in a book will receive honorable mention in the form of a plaque placed in the Reward Hall! Now go on! Find the first Scholar in Trinsic!

With those words toss to the winds we were off.

League of Explorer Scholar: Ahh Trinsic Jones sent you? I have just what he needs, but first, you must pass a test. Answer my Riddles and I will give you what you need. When ready ask for my first riddle! It's always 1 to 6, it's always 15 to 20, it's always 5, but never 21 unless it's flying. what am I?
Cola: dice
League of Explorer Scholar: Ahh you have figured it out! When ready, ask for the second riddle!
Cola: second
League of Explorer Scholar: A slow solemn square dance of warriors feinting, 1 by 1 they fall warriors fainting, 32 on 64.
Mortimer: chess
League of Explorer Scholar: Ahh! again you figured it out! Clever ones are you? When ready, ask for my third riddle!
Mortimer: third riddle
League of Explorer Scholar: I am quick when I'm thin. I am slow when I'm fat. Wind is my worst nightmare. What am I?
Draculus: Candle
League of Explorer Scholar: You have passed my final test. What you seek from me are the words In Mani. To Britain with ya
Drakelord: Jones sent me
League of Explorers Scholar: Ahh Trinsic Jones sent you? I have just what he needs, but first you must pass a test.
Drakelord: test
League of Explorers Scholar: Answer my Riddles and I will give you what you need. Ask for the first riddle when ready!
Drakelord: first
League of Explorers Scholar: Walk on the living they don't even mumble, walk on the dead they mutter and grumble. what am I?
Cola: leaves
League of Explorers Scholar: Ahh, you have solved my first riddle! when ready ask for my second!
Cola: second
League of Explorers Scholar: I am the teeth of the mouth of the earth, darkness and water attended my birth. What am I?
League of Explorers Scholar: People climb, cut, and burn me, they show me no respect! My rings tell my age, what am I?
Cola: stalagtite
Cola: tree
League of Explorers Scholar: You have solved my riddles! what you seek is the word Lor. Seek out my brother in Jhelom.
Drakelord: jones sent me
League of Explorers Scholar: Ahh Trinsic Jones sent you? I have just what he needs, but first you must pass a test.
League of Explorers Scholar: Answer my Riddles and I will give you what you need. Ask for the first riddle when ready!
Drakelord: riddle
League of Explorers Scholar: Where you may find roads without carts, forests without trees, cities without houses.
Drakelord: map
League of Explorers Scholar: Ahh, you have solved my first riddle! When ready ask for my second riddle!
Drakelord: second
League of Explorers Scholar: Alive without breath, as cold as death, never thirsty ever drinking, all in mail never clinking.
Draculus: A fish
League of Explorers Scholar: Way to go! When ready ask for my third riddle!
Cola: third
League of Explorers Scholar: I'm so simple that I only point; yet I guide people all over the world?
Clym of Clough: compass
League of Explorers Scholar: You have solved my final riddle! the words of power you seek are Rel Por!To Moonglow with you!
Drakelord: Jones sent me
League of Explorers Scholar: I have feathers that help me fly; with head and body but I'm not alive. What am I?
Artemis: arrow
League of Explorers Scholar: Well done! When ready ask for my second riddle!
Clym of Clough: second
League of Explorers Scholar: Stiff is my spine and my body is pale, but I'm always ready to tell a tale?
Clym of Clough: book
League of Explorers Scholar: You have solved my second riddle! when you are ready ask for my third riddle!
League of Explorers Scholar: You need me to create food, cure diseases, and keep vampires out of your home, what am I?
Cola: garlic
League of Explorers Scholar: You are all bright minds! The word of power you seek is Wis Quas. Return to Jones at once!

And with those words, it was a race to return to Trinsic Jones. Our winner was Draculus, Congrats my friend!

and the end.jpg and the winner.jpg answer the riddle.jpg cast the spell.jpg multiboxer squad.jpg multiboxer squad1.jpg rosette stone.jpg

Last edited:

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
A copy of above was emailed to you and also there is a book in the mailbox at the hall from Drakelord, Rillao was kind enough to make it and dropped it off for me.