• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

deco outside your house?

Jeremiah (JSV)

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
how do you get a lantern to place permanently outside your house? do they have to be a special type/where do you get them?

G

There's a Doom stealable lampost, which can be gotten from player vendors if you don't have a thief to do it for you.

Other type of lanterns outside the front of a house are typically tinkered lanterns (or from an NPC Provisioner or in a loot drop off a monster) and the "hanger" might be a scorp or other crafted items that appears to be the thing the lantern hangs from.

Tinkers with the requisite skill may make lanterns of any ingot type they are capable of (based on the mining/smelting levels for each ore type). The NPC or loot drop items are of the iron kind.
=====
If the lamppost, simply place it on your steps or foundation blocks for the front and lock it down.

For a lantern, lock it down on a tile within the foundation/step area of your house. Use a deco tool to raise it to where it looks good to you. Now lock the scorp or whatever down on the same tile and raise it until it appears the lantern is hanging from it.

Jeremiah (JSV)

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i was refering to the items i see out in front of the steps of homes.how do they get stuff permanent outside of a house. i know you can do it, cause i saw a streached hide someone had placed that became permanent, and statues as well, but wasnt sure what method was employed to get it that way.

G

Its from an exploit or maybe it was considered to be just a bug from years ago where you could place a box in certain spots in the dungeons and statues and lanterns would spawn in the crate, which you would then pick up, take somewhere and chop and the item would become static at that spot.

T

TirNaNog

They are probably 255 stone hanging lanterns that were obtained by a bug long ago. At one time things would spawn in player placed boxes left in shops, just like the normal shop items spawn in shop containers.. this produced 255 stone statues (Sculptor's guild in Moonglow), lanterns (Inns), stretched hides (Tanners), grasses (Stables).. etc.

All the items were stuck in the boxes, but if a player chopped the box with an axe it would drop the item permanently to the ground where the player was standing. Sometimes these items trapped in boxes can still be found in IDOCs, or bought from collectors who saved them. If the lanterns you're seeing are called "hanging lanterns" then that was the source.

There's also Hemisphere's museum which if I remember had some doom-style lamp posts out front.. I think a gift from GM's maybe.. and then there's the old Seer-blessed places in Felucca, which might have all sorts of things outside them.