• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Peacemaking] Decision time. Help?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I currently have char with the following template
120 Music
120 Provo
120 Disco
120 Magery
120 Medi
120 Eval.

All real skill.

I use her most on guild hunt where she plays support running the two provo masteries. It doesn't particularly concern me that she seldom gets looting rights. I play her to have fun.
Now to the decision part. I am considering replacing the 120 eval with peacemaking.

What would be the upsides to that move?
What would be the downsides?
Which would you do?

yars

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wouldn't waste 120 on peace personally,if you want be supportive,add 120 focus to get the most mana regeneration.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Adding Peace will bump your provo abilities slightly. Increase the healing by 4-6 points every 4 seconds, and the stats by 3, hp by 3 for the invigorate spellsong.
For Inspire it'll give you +3% Damage modifier, +3% hit chance +3% Sdi, and I think the damage increase will be + 6 or +12% to weapons.
It will also lower your upkeep for each of those by 1 (pre LMC) So a 4x bard has a base upkeep of 2 and 3 for the provo songs.

Provo is slightly more offensive support. So you increase party damage, stats, and give them a bit of healing.

Peace on the other hand is completely defensive. Resilience will give 22 to each regeneration, resistance versus Lethal poison, and a 60% reduction to curses and bad effects. (Things like mortal wound will last 1-2 seconds bleed -5 seconds etc).
Preservance will give a flat 30% damage reduction across the board. In addition to a bonus 22 DCI, and 6 casting focus.
That damage reduction is on the final damage, so it counts to EVERYTHING. Armor ignores get reduced to ~24.
Stacking both usually means you and your whole party can stand in Lethal Poison fields, and not have to heal or cure, or even break strike during most fighting.

Its something you'll have to test for yourself and figure your role. (Also when using the peace masteries if you factor in the regen bonuses, you are getting, its much easier to keep them up and play an active healing role than it is the provo ones.)

For things like a void pool exercise, my peace bard is way more helpful than my provo bard, but the sacrifice is he doesn't get as much healing credit or looting rights.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Stone off eval and give peace a test run and see how you like it. You said that you seldom get looting rights so it doesn't sound like you will lose much from dropping eval.

Kelly O'Brian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Petra, i fully recommend the change

I am playing a template similar to yours with peacemaking instead of evaluating intelligence.
For me, the true fun began, when i left the path of the musically spell slinger and took the path of the true bard.
To run both songs most of the time his equipment (armor, spellbook & shield) is focused on MR (plus LRC, max. resists, LMC). Therefore plus reduced upkeep costs like Logrus stated, i havent missed MR (and SR) from focus so far.
It lacks the amounts of spell damage increase (and mana to spend) a descent "damage caster" should have and casting direct damage spells becoms unefficient.
But such a bard is not unarmed. Mindblast (where eval is not calculated in), EVs are still useful beside disco attack songs, (bonded) vollems (in a crystal) and fire horn. I like and use the fire horn alot. Its my "(small) area spell" for low tier mass destruction (champ spawns etc). This mass flame strike (target self) kills also his character copys at Medusa, Baracoon adds, Scalis eels etc. Being skilled in peacemaking adds to the fire horn damage.
(For the fire horn damage: Was the calculation changed? Vex stated long ago, provocation was responsible for 5/7th of the damage done, disco and provo each account for 1/7th of the overall damage. The calculator on Stratics shows different results. )
Some targets counter attack and interrupt your songs. In this case, i prefer the healing route by invigorate, (up to 13-22(?) HP (7-16 basic plus boni) each 4 seconds for party people in range) plus additional greater heals (which leads to looting rights in most of the cases.
When the fight bares tough-to-survives damage spikes like Boss area attack (e.x. Corgul, which is often followed by a second one, Rikktor etc.) preservance can be a life saver for all in range.
(btw. Defense Chance Increase of a max bards perseverance is indicated with 30)
Tamer should love you anyway.
The reduction of poisoning, bleed, mortal, curse effects Logrus decribed are also very welcome. I never use orange petals or cure(potions), the songs effect kicks in fast enough. On very rare occassions, an additional masscure is enough.
(When i play him solo, i love to provo, disco and peace fire horn blowing in the middle of a spawn running both peace songs in most of the cases)
And there is peacemaking itself. Peacing a hard hitter (even bosses) helps alot. May the mages para Slasher, you can peace him... Ressing in the heat of a (no area damage) fight? Area peace saves enough time for an invis of the ressed. Leading a group through through a dangerous area? Have them running with you and area peace on..

Last edited:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds like a plan - but I'll claim a red soulstone for my eval instead of using a fragment - and maybe another to store peace on from time to time. :)

Thank you all for your help and advice. It is much appreciated.

Last edited:

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But such a bard is not unarmed. Mindblast (where eval is not calculated in), EVs are still useful beside disco attack songs, (bonded) vollems (in a crystal) and fire horn.
I find the Magery Elemental Summons to be as useful (if not more useful) than using EVs. You can command them and they are not subject to the auto-dispel for too many in a certain area.

Stayin Alive,

BG

yars

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Another option would be add mystic/focus, maximum management regen plus RC

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Gb8719

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I dumped my Peacemaking when I realized that out of every hour or so I spent in a dungeon that I would maybe peacemake once or twice. The few times that I was peacemaking was just so I could loot a creature and calm everything else down. The duration that it's calmed is far too short to make it worthwhile for me.

I replaced Peacemaking with Mysticism and replaced Meditation with Focus. The extra versatility of Mysticism has been extremely helpful and having the RC to help finish off mobs has been invaluable. I've never gone the Vollem route but this whole setup seems fantastic as of now. I've only ever attempted to use him to farm Shame, mini-champs, and do the occasional group Peerless.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Sounds like a plan - but I'll claim a red soulstone for my eval instead of using a fragment - and maybe another to store peace on from time to time. :)

Thank you all for your help and advice. It is much appreciated.

How did it work for you?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm happy that I did it. :)
The boost from having 4 x 120 bard skills when hunting with the guild is much appreciated by them and maintaining both songs throughout an encounter is more easily possible. I still use the provo songs, and so far have succeeded in getting looting rights more often.
When playing solo I get an bit of extra 'oomph' in my earth eles where provo onto other mobs isn't an option.