Dec 14th: All cities EXCEPT TC3 & BV Going Offline (REVISED PLZ READ)

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
K

K-C

Is anyone else having trouble logging in? I keep getting a message saying "the update failed, retry or quit"

Thank you

C

Cayenne1

I'm getting the same message, KC. Cannot enter game at all. Retry or quit...and if I select retry it goes thru the verification process and can't complete it!

GRRRRRRRRR!

K

K-C

<blockquote><hr>

yup game verify loop is back

[/ QUOTE ]

Yuk that sounds bad ... what does it mean

K

K-C

<blockquote><hr>

Are you choosing to play in TC3 or TSO?

[/ QUOTE ]

TSO

G

Are you still getting the "the update failed, retry or quit" error msg?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Yes still getting it :O(

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you say you want to go into TSO both times?

It asks once, and you update, then it asks a 2nd time, and then you go into the city selector.

G

Wahhhhhhh :*( ::pounds fists, hits head against wall, and stares at my desktop:: Sorry, TSO withdrawals are awful!

K

K-C

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Yes still getting it :O(

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you say you want to go into TSO both times?

It asks once, and you update, then it asks a 2nd time, and then you go into the city selector.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes TSO both times. I tried getting in and it gave me the quit or retry so I did the retry and it started verifying the game data (which took forever) and then it told me it didnt work and the program quit.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Yes TSO both times. I tried getting in and it gave me the quit or retry so I did the retry and it started verifying the game data (which took forever) and then it told me it didnt work and the program quit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay.

Please try to repair the game. When you get the option to go to TC3 or TSO, click on Options, and then check the "Attempt to repair..." button. Then click OK, and proceed as you normally would.

S

sopranosprincess

grr i cant get on tso either same thing says that ;; An error was detected on the last game update attempt. To insure the game is playable we need to verify the game directory. Verification can take from 10 to 20 minutes. Please select 'Verify' to begin the process, or 'Quit to exit the game and try again later.
Then when you hit verify it takes forever and you get this message;;; The update failed to complete successfully. This can happen for a variety of reasons. Select 'Retry' to try again or 'Quit' to exit the game.
I would just delete it and reinstall but ya'll make it impossible to find the download for it. <font color="red"> </font>

S

sopranosprincess

the attempt to repair is check but its grayed out and doesnt do nothing <font color="red"> </font>

M

mike1977

Bypassed the updater by running /tsoclient/tsoclient.exe and it updated and I got in

K

K-C

I tried it and it is saying that the update failed to complete successfully and i can retry or quit
) I went to opitions before hand and check the box for the fix.

G

<blockquote><hr>

the attempt to repair is check but its grayed out and doesnt do nothing <font color="red"> </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm having the same problem. Any ideas? I was in the middle of building a new house when I was booted off for the maintenance earlier! I'm having serious withdrawals. Even the cookies aren't helping.

S

sopranosprincess

grr. that didnt work either <font color="red"> </font> I just talked to a friend and she is on tso and she said there is hardly anyone on..so im guessing this is happening to alot of people

K

K-C

Thank you for that idea!!! It worked for me
) This is what I did

I opened:

My Computer
C:
Program Files
Eletronic Arts
EALand
TSOClient
Double click on the TSO Client icon (looks like the TSO logo)
and presto I was in and the update was successful!!!!
)

G

Okay, I need this info from you please.

1. Go to the Buddy folder in your TSO/EA-Land folders. For example, mine is here: C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EALand\TSOPatch\Buddy

2. Right click on Buddy.exe and go to properties.

3. Click on the Version tab. Copy and paste to me what File version you're using.

K

K-C

<blockquote><hr>

1. Go to the Buddy folder in your TSO/EA-Land folders. For example, mine is here: C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EALand\TSOPatch\Buddy

3. Click on the Version tab. Copy and paste to me what File version you're using.

[/ QUOTE ]

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

S

sopranosprincess

mines not under electronic arts its under maxis i think <font color="red"> </font>

S

sopranosprincess

i found it though but it dont do nothin still my buddy.exe version is 2.1520.0.0 <font color="red"> </font>

C

Cayenne1

Same as those who already posted. Some people are able to get in. Why not US?????

S

sopranosprincess

STILL CANT GET ON TSO..EVERYONE ELSE I KNOW HAS..:(
<font color="red"> </font>

I

imported_LFancey

everything is working is working for me... are you still having problems?

Lee

S

sopranosprincess

I tried this one and posted the version number tried rebooting..idk it just keeps saying that the verify failed and to quit or retry

I

imported_LFancey

sopranosprincess,

Ok saw the version number thing...

What does I tried this one mean?

S

sopranosprincess

o sorry

I opened:

My Computer
C:
Program Files
Eletronic Arts
EALand
TSOClient
Double click on the TSO Client icon (looks like the TSO logo)

it worked for alot of people but didnt work for me
<font color="red"> </font>

but mine isnt listed under electronic arts its listed under maxis

I

imported_LFancey

Ok we need to be on yahoo IM.. if you have one.. Send me a private message about what it is.

then post here that you sent it.

Lee

I

imported_LFancey

Ok I did not get it...

where did you send it.. I checked my hot mail and my mail here.

T

Tristan Lewis

My wife and i were stuck in the verifying loop on the tso.exe then tried the tso client and updated no prob.

I

imported_LFancey

sopranosprincess,

Let me know in Yim or here if that fixed it.

Cheers,

Lee

G

- operating system ... Windows XP

- specific error? ...The Sims Online Update Utility
What did the specifics of the error say? ... The update failed to complete successfully. This can happen for a variety of reasons. Select 'Retry' to try again or 'Quit' to exit the game.

-How do you launch the game. ... shortcuts of my creation. Have multiple accounts and consider myself an "advanced" user.

-Do you have multiple copies of the game installed? ... Yes, three

-Do you use TSOClient or TSO.exe ... TSO exe for the first instance, TSOClient shortcuts of my own creation for additional instances.

-Please tell me in as much detail as you can what exactly happened or what you did to cause the game to stop working.... *I* did nothing. *You* patched the game (thenkewe very much) and now *I* /*We* are stuck in unending update/verify loop. Have not had any problem with updating/patching for several weeks, since y'all found that defective piece of schmutz on the server handling logins east of the Rockies, so many threads ago.

-Please have an alternate way I can contact you and send me Stratics Mail on how I might go about that. I use YIM to communicate with most players. ... Sent you a Stratics mail with my YIM.

G

NM

I *was* stuck in a continual update/verify loop. I had last played in TSO, so that was where I was attempting to return. On a whim I tried patching to TC3 and it updated like normal (!) and let me in. Then I exited the game and patched back to TSO. Now I am in with no problem. Go figure.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Sorry UK guys! Tomorrow you will have snow, and snow men... and tons of other little goodies like that! Wheee!

Sweet dreams guys!

[/ QUOTE ]

I am confused, LOL&lt; UK guys meaning me and Spike and others..

Meaning we are going to get snow later?? Hmmm. don't even bother, LOL Snow in IReland is rare thing especially in my city which is placed on West side to Atlantic Ocean and snows liek 1% for a year (or maybe 0.00%)

I

imported_herk1287

if ya uodate to tc3 and back to regular cities it works

I

imported_herk1287

just update to tc3 and back to regular cities then ur set

I

imported_LFancey

just update to tc3 and back to regular cities then ur set

herk1287,

Thanks for posting that. Have you tried multiple round trips?

Lee