• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Debuff Taming

Anakena

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Long ago I found out when beetles were introduced that one could end up with better dexterity if one cursed it before taming, provided that when it was tamed it was still under the effect. It had no much impact since the dexterity could anyway retrained up to 125.

Since EA introduced Greater dragons, I was planning to test this on them, especially since their hitpoints are halved.

First problem is that they have generally a high resist magic skill. I decided to make my reseach by using a necromancer (evil omen followed by curse). I

Here are the figures :

---------Wild-----Cursed---Tamed (after curse weared off)

hits :----1601-----1501-----850
stamina:-136------119------76
mana:---589------484------556
str:------1259----1159-----579
dex:-----136------119------59
int:------589------484------556

Right after taming, I gated it from Destard to Malas (I don't know if changing servers has an influence), lored it and hitpoints were at 750.

If I had tamed it without cursing, the greater would have only had 800 hitpoints and 76 dexterity. So I improved his hitpoint by 50 points. Since dexterity can be trained up to 125, stamina will now be trainable up to 132 instead of 125.

The necro mage who cursed the dragon had only 110 evalint, so it can be improved.

I think one can improve the results (discording before evil omen curse, using clumsy and weaken instead of curse, ...).

N

Nenime

Interesting. I never heard of this before.

I will start doing some research on this in the near future. As for discording, I did that to help others while they were taming but ... let's say they entreated me politely but firmly to stop it because they expected the post-taming stats/skills to drop. Now I will keep an eye on that.

Thank you for sharing :)

Anakena

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well the discord must only last the time to curse. After that you can invis. Idea is that since resist skill is lowered, the effect of curse should be greater