• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

"Death Taming"

M

MoneyMaker

How come everyone hates the Tamer?
Most of you older players were given your first mount by a tamer.
At least one thread a day is gripping about something involving Tamers.
Its like having the same dish everyday. day in, day out.:coco:

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I love tamers =)
Especially when I'm getting torn up at spawns LOL
The majority of tamers I have had the pleasure to play with/around, were really good peeps. During the Moonglow event, being fresh moved to the shard and not equipped real well, I had a lot of problems killing the varmints spawning, and surviving it at the same time...
So I settled in day after day healing pets...I had tamers run by me and hand me stuff, like planeshields and swords, and a coupla of those robes whose name escapes me at the moment.
Tamers? No hate here bro!

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The OP is referring to a 5/99 patch, that included

You will be able to dock your boat anywhere as long as the hold is empty. It will turn into a miniature boat when you do so. To do this, simply double-click the tillerman while you are not standing on the boat.
Prior to this you needed to get to a Harbor Master to dock your boat.

At one time, obviously prior to this patch, you could dock your boat and stable pets loaded down with loot.

I seem to remember this patch being a very significant patch with a lot of cheers and boo's (the house deeds being lootable).

WildWobble

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still happens along with out of sight tameing mainly when dragons start to fly and go all wonky follow mode. i tamed 2 greater dragons in the last 3 months Once while i was dead still have to give my head a scratch on that one the other i went outside destard just when i got the starts to tame mainly to heal and get invis precast when i go back in its mine allready.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you missed the words "an early UO publish," and who could blame you as they were only the first words of the post, you should click on the link and check the date.

I don't hate tamers.

Seriously....That's oversensitivity, just about by definition.

-Galen's player

M

MoneyMaker

And you thought "Honor Taming" was an issue!!!
-Galen's player
This type of thing is what caused the "oversensitivity".
Yes, I saw the title of the post and did fully read the post and the link.
Would you not feel the same way if everyday you seen a thread complaining about your template? (or somewhere in threads it was brought up, several times?)
Just ignore my last and this post. I don't intend to stir things up, just to let my feelings be known when it does happen.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This type of thing is what caused the "oversensitivity".
Yes, I saw the title of the post and did fully read the post and the link.
Would you not feel the same way if everyday you seen a thread complaining about your template? (or somewhere in threads it was brought up, several times?)
Just ignore my last and this post. I don't intend to stir things up, just to let my feelings be known when it does happen.
People whine about my template (Chiv-Warrior) all the time actually. I especially love being "accused" of having 4/6. Which not only do I not have, but I don't see anything wrong with having and would surely take it if I could.

The point of using honor taming was to show that taming while under the influence of the Honor Virtue is obviously nowhere near as exploit-ish as taming while dead.

-Galen's player

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
People whine about my template (Chiv-Warrior) all the time actually. I especially love being "accused" of having 4/6. Which not only do I not have, but I don't see anything wrong with having and would surely take it if I could.

The point of using honor taming was to show that taming while under the influence of the Honor Virtue is obviously nowhere near as exploit-ish as taming while dead.

-Galen's player
OK, upon some reflection, I "get it" ("it" being the oversensitivity) more.

-Galen's player

U

uoBuoY

Many, many players have said to me: "If you weren't here tanking with your pet(s), I couldn't be training/fighting this (bad guy)". There is some Tamer love.

Kaleb

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Remember when tamers could have a few dragons and mares with them, I kinda miss all the tamers selling their trained or not so trained pets. Too bad the devs cant come up with a way to allow tamers to have their pets in the citys while in tram, in non event /invasion areas. so they can sell their pets again, they would of course not respond to aggressive commands or be attackable when over follower spot.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok....Hopefully everyone realizes that the original post was in no way intended as a slam at tamers, but rather to reminisce about a very amusing bug?

-Galen's player

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you the MoneyMaker who played Pacific?

F

Fink

Remember when tamers could have a few dragons and mares with them, I kinda miss all the tamers selling their trained or not so trained pets. Too bad the devs cant come up with a way to allow tamers to have their pets in the citys while in tram, in non event /invasion areas. so they can sell their pets again, they would of course not respond to aggressive commands or be attackable when over follower spot.
As in having a string of pets for sale?

Years back, before bonding, I used to sell desert ostards and llamas alongside my taming mentor who sold forest ostards, drakes and so forth. It wasn't unusual to see us there of an evening with a dozen or more pets between us lined up for sale. It was good being the go-to people for pet purchases.

I quit all that after bonding came in, but I do have a pet-seller now. It's very sparse trade. :|

Spelosty

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm....Continued taming after death...must have helped some tamer somewhere.