• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dear Toon

S

sad_faerie

I missed this thread and the amusement it sometimes offers, so Trish suggested we start one here. I'll go first!

Dear Blue Mouse,

Thank you so much for your work on the front three today. I just don't know how I would have managed to defeat those first four cogs. I took out the other twenty without you, but boy, those first four. Those just might have done me in!
I appreciate your wisdom in leaving me, the only player with toon up, with your two junior friends. Sadly, even my best gags couldn't keep them smiling, so they too, retreated to the playground after just one more round. I doubt they minded losing all of their carefully earned gags and laff points. After all, what are gags and laff points when one could have a friend like you?

Sincerely:rolleyes:(Sarcastically),
Lily Lemonhoffer

S

SaraFunnyweather

Dear toons,

I was watching you all cfo from behind hubby's shoulder and noticed one of you saying "Sara doesn't lurve us anymore". Well I do lurve ya! I just don't lurve the cfo anymore.

Hugs,
Sara

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dear red kitty with beige arms,

:heart:

Love,

Loopy Crunchenzapper

G

Granjell

Dear 100+ laff toons who glitched to the silo while the other toon and I were in the warehouse -- and who defeated the Factory Foreman before we even got there -- thanks so much for thinking of us. We wouldn't have enjoyed that battle at all. Sorry to take so much of your valuable time earlier on. I didn't realize you were only there for the Foreman.

Love, Missus Hoggat (Granny Jellyroll's cousin toon)

F

Fangs McWolf

Dear (118 laff lureless male brown dog) and (115 laff dropless female bluish grey cat not yet maxed in toonup and trap),

Thank you so terribly much for robbing another player and myself of well earned bucks. It's great how you both left the other toon for sad when she couldn't quite make it past the paint room, and how you ignored our pleas to wait for us while she ran back to hit TU barrels and while I used 2 of my unites to keep her healthy. It's just perfectly wonderful how you both engaged the supervisor AFTER you knew the situation and defeated the last set of cogs and doing an amazing dance as we got there, to watch you get your bucks and gag points while we got nothing for our efforts.

It was your extreme kindness and lack of greed that made you engage the supervisor, claiming that you couldn't wait any longer. After all, it's not like there would have been another invasion, and it's not like I needed 1440 cogbucks. It's also not like I went through 2 CFO runs to get the unites that I used. So you'll forgive me for telling you that it wasn't nice (what you did), despite how you claimed that you couldn't wait any longer. You'll also forgive me for trying to help a fellow toon, which you both seemed 'too important' to do. How right you were, since the invasion ended several minutes AFTER we were all out of the mint.

P.S. It's a shame that I had all my gags maxed before I was even 103 laff, yet one of you is 115 laff and not maxed yet. Your tnt can't even kill an 11 for crying out loud. Just remember, what goes around comes around.

S

sad_faerie

Dear Blue Duck,

Thank you for your help in the mint today. We were trying to complete my friend's (tan monkey) tasks, and you stuck with us, even after your friend bailed on us. It was hard, i know, and we almost went sad, but we made it through together. I appreciate your willingness to keep trying, even though it might have seemed like a bad idea. We finished his tasks and got his 4 point laff boost. Thank you!

Gratefully,
Lily Lemonhoffer

S

SuperMac

I don't know know which other thread to put this in, but is it just me, or does it seem like there has been a rash of bad attitude toons lately? Yesterday I was around 3 groups in about 2 hours who were fighting within minutes! One started with a little toon insisting on going into a level-5 in the brrgh. I had been called to help a 50-laff, and 2 others were there, so that was the 4, and the 20-laffer would just not give up. Then 2 different times in the dollar mint, there were arguments in the group. I stayed silent the rest of those battles, just getting the heck out. I also came across a fight going on in Dreamland's playground, with one toon apparently annoying the heck out of a group. I gave up after that and just quit. I've been playing for like 4-5 months I think, and it just seems to be getting steadily worse. I've seen people mention its more crowded, so maybe that's all it is. :lame:

Anyway, to tie it in to this thread: Dear Toons... thanks for your childish waste of my time and spoiling a friendly little game pouting because you couldn't use drop through the entire mint, because you couldn't get a group to let you go in a building that was out of your league, and for whatever your kick was in annoying a big group who asked you to go away. Your awesome use of "you stink" repetitively was really impressive.

S

Stubby

I don't know know which other thread to put this in, but is it just me, or does it seem like there has been a rash of bad attitude toons lately? Yesterday I was around 3 groups in about 2 hours who were fighting within minutes! One started with a little toon insisting on going into a level-5 in the brrgh. I had been called to help a 50-laff, and 2 others were there, so that was the 4, and the 20-laffer would just not give up. Then 2 different times in the dollar mint, there were arguments in the group. I stayed silent the rest of those battles, just getting the heck out. I also came across a fight going on in Dreamland's playground, with one toon apparently annoying the heck out of a group. I gave up after that and just quit. I've been playing for like 4-5 months I think, and it just seems to be getting steadily worse. I've seen people mention its more crowded, so maybe that's all it is. :lame:

Maybe the fact that the free accounts now have access to all of the nieghborhoods has something to do with that. I think that a lot of the free accounts are younger kids. I have seen a lot of this too, but I try to keep that in mind and just do my thing and stay out of it. One time I did say something and the pest ended up apologizing to the other toon he was 'stinking' at and the rest of that run was pleasant. :wall:

F

Fangs McWolf

Maybe the fact that the free accounts now have access to all of the nieghborhoods has something to do with that. I think that a lot of the free accounts are younger kids. I have seen a lot of this too, but I try to keep that in mind and just do my thing and stay out of it. One time I did say something and the pest ended up apologizing to the other toon he was 'stinking' at and the rest of that run was pleasant. :wall:
The free accounts don't let you enter buildings/shops outside of TTC. I'm sure it's the same with factory, mints, etc. It IS possible to sneak into a shop, by TP'ing to a friend in there. But once inside, you have to TP to the playground or to another friend because if you try to leave, you get that subscription screen. This is how I gave Buster the Resistance Salute even though he's on a free account.

:D

S

Stubby

:blushing: OOPS!! For some reason I thought they could go into the "lobby" areas of the HQs and buildings. Thanks for clearing that up !!

D

da wiz guy

The free accounts don't let you enter buildings/shops outside of TTC. I'm sure it's the same with factory, mints, etc. It IS possible to sneak into a shop, by TP'ing to a friend in there. But once inside, you have to TP to the playground or to another friend because if you try to leave, you get that subscription screen. This is how I gave Buster the Resistance Salute even though he's on a free account.

:D
you can go to the lobbys, i know that in my inglamorous time as a nonmember :thumbdown: but i dont know about the mints and stuff, cause i feared they were to tough (my best weapons?squirt gun and pie) so i just ran back to the playground. well, i made it in the lobbies of all of them, luckily, and that proves it

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Deear Toons,

I think I handled myself quite well, but I wan't expecting to come to the events intoxicated..lol I was invited to a neighborhood get together where a wild game of outdoor beer poong was taking place. I somehow got suckered into 4 rounds wherewe lost horribly. Luckily I was able to walak home and make it to Flipper's key run. Playing TT drunk is definately something that I don't recommend! Beer pong is evil :shots: Anyway, it was fun playin! I'm off to sleep now,peace...:thumbup1:

A

andy1796

Dear Three Toons Which Names I Forget,

Thank you for helping me defeat my first cog factory. If it wasn't for you, I'd probably be working on my second cog piece right now. But now I only need my last piece (Lower Right Arm) and once I do, who knows what happens?

Sincerely,

GOOD OL' DINKY !!

princess kitty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dear Brown Dog,

Thank you for consistently using sound on lured cogs and not having any toon-up gags.

I am sorry you thought we were being mean when we told you not to do so.

I was helping my friend get her suit together and your presence made things so much easier and faster for us.

We just had to give you the honor of fighting the factory foreman yourself since you were so good at giving out instructions to toons who all had more laff points than you.

LD

G

Granjell

Dear Blue Dog Who Apparently Can't Handle Soundless Mints - Thank you for at least finishing that first battle in the bullion mint with us before wishing us good luck and booking for the playground. When the mouse said "Sorry, I can't" to our sound gags, the other toon and I happily used our lure, and throw and squirt gags to complete a very enjoyable bullion mint. It didn't take very much longer than sounding through. You could have shared in the cogbucks, but ....

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dear Monkey with the Elongated Neck,

You do not get Jury Notices for triggering and defeating the skelecogs at the puzzles! Maybe you were in it for the gag point,IDK, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Purposely triggering the cogs was what made you take your own life. We tried to tell you, but you just didn't get it. The funny thing was on your first rampage you actually solved the minesweeper puzzle, but continued to go until you hit a mine. The DA is not the place for gag camping, sorry. :stretcher:

Elga McBurp

F

Fangs McWolf

Dear ToonTown,
Thank you SOOOO much for kicking my friends and me off of ToonTown for maintenance without giving the warnings that ToonTown will be shutting down. It was so kind of you to just do it without telling those of us who were already in the game. Considering that a friend was about to go on a VP maxing run, and we were just about to go when that happened, it made it all the more worthwhile for us. Not to mention all the players who were already in boss runs who are probably going to sign back into TT later to find themselves sad and gagless. I'm sure they'll appreciate it as well, along with your refusing any requests to return their lost level 7 gags and any used unites/SOS cards/etc that they used during that battle. Again, thanks!​

The DA is not the place for gag camping, sorry. :stretcher:

Elga McBurp
The bullion is. :D

S

Sally Bumblefoot

Dear Monkey with the Elongated Neck,

The funny thing was on your first rampage you actually solved the minesweeper puzzle, but continued to go until you hit a mine. The DA is not the place for gag camping, sorry. :stretcher:

Elga McBurp
I thought the REALLY funny thing was when she tried to load the elevator with us for our next run!!! Now THAT was funny. And Fangs, it is ok cuz I took her place and dropped to my hearts content in her honor!!!rolleyes:

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought the REALLY funny thing was when she tried to load the elevator with us for our next run!!! Now THAT was funny. And Fangs, it is ok cuz I took her place and dropped to my hearts content in her honor!!!rolleyes:
Yeah me and Sally were going nutzo last night! I think we were at the elevator stairs about 7:30pm EST. We probably waited 15 minutes to finally get a lod, this was in River too. This is where we encounted the evil monkey. We let the monkey kill itself on the second floor and three of us continued. We exited the DA about like 9pm EST. Determined to do another run we went back to the stairs only to find the monkey and this law noob fest trying to load the vator. We finally gave up and did a C just so we could get in! We ended like 9:45pm. Technically, with a good group, I would have been done at least and hour earlier. Fun night though overall..:gee:

S

Sally Bumblefoot

Determined to do another run we went back to the stairs only to find the monkey and this law noob fest trying to load the vator. We finally gave up and did a C just so we could get in! We ended like 9:45pm. ..:gee:
When we did finally give up on the D and tried to board the C with 2 other randoms the monkey followed us. The 4 of us managed to get on and the monkey was left there jumping at the elevator trying to get on with us!! I guess some people never know when to quit!! It was a fun night and the monkey definately made it interesting. I think that has to go on record as the longest 2 DA runs ever if you count the time entering the DA til we landed in the lobby after our second run. It is sad to think that in that length of time we should have been able to get in another "D" run!! I will try not to think about it!!:sad3:

S

soupandquackers

Dear green dog,

If you dont know how to stun then move out the friggin way. You kept standing right in front of the vp's carriage and i couldnt get a pie in. You had like 95 out of 98 laff, you dont need a TU.:cursing: