• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dear Atlanteans!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What events?
Some things I remember...

Helping with the Easter Egg Hunt... Lady Rachel can vouch for her there.
Dropping runes for the Spring Cleaning...
Also was helping out at the Moonglow "black hole" with repair deeds food and bandies.

Aalia also has this sticky right at the top of our forum:
http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=7423

You could also say that running an active rune library is a continuing contribution to the Atlantic community. Not an easy job keeping things up to date and providing quest information. Recently she added a School of Arts and Crafts to Winterbreeze.

She's been a member of UO since 2001, so I'm sure there is a ton of stuff I'm missing, just the highlights.

Also, she is not a mega-vendor/broker or member of any large guild so there are no conflict of interest issues.

She is just here to help the folks on the Atlantic Shard in any way she can.

Safe Travels, Sam

T

Tazar

I would like to vote to denominate tazor. she locks and deletes threads without warrent and is biased beyond belief.
Wow... the misinformation... It's Tazar... and last time I checked, I was (still am and always will be) a he... and threads are never deleted - only moved to a private forum for the admins to review...

And for the record... yes... I am biased beyond belief... I am biased in favor of those that follow the ROC, and biased against those that violate them... especially when it involves trolling, or unsubstantiated personal attacks (including snide comments). Atlantic is fairly tame compared to U-hall so there are not too many other violations here.

But I couldn't care less about guild affiliations, alliance ties, play-style, or associations when modding a post or thread. I have even modded several friends and allies/guild-mates when they step over the line in a moment of heated emotions - and I have never lost a friend or alliance/guild-mate over it.

It is a rather thankless position where you obviously can not please everyone... so I do not try to do that.

Since you seem to have an issue with the way I do the job, I recommend that you send it to the forum admin using the "contact us" link at the bottom of every page. Your comment here clearly violates rule (I) of the Stratics Rules of Conduct.
Publicly discussing actions by the moderators is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to: bans, warnings, locks, and moved threads. Any inquiries or comments on bans, warnings, or other moderator actions, are to be sent in private messages or via email. A moderator may choose to publicly inform the participants of a forum about bans and warnings if this is in the interest of the forum.
Sending an e-mail to the forum admin is the correct way to handle such a case and they have all of the tools available to determine if my actions were justified.

Sorry you are not happy, but again... I can not please everyone... follow one simple rule every mother tries to teach her kids and you should not have a real problem... "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything". Even if you disagree passionately with another poster, there are nice ways to say it without a false or unsubstantiated accusation or attack mentality...

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...Sorry you are not happy, but again... I can not please everyone... follow one simple rule every mother tries to teach her kids...
Easy Tazor, just cause you are a woman and a mom doesn't mean you can come to the forums and trample other folks posts with these long rants. Please respect the opinions of others, remember this is a community.

The Rules of Copulation exist for the benefit of us all.

Thank you.

Sam the Scribe

T

Tazar

Easy Tazor, just cause you are a woman and a mom doesn't mean you can come to the forums and trample other folks posts with these long rants. Please respect the opinions of others, remember this is a community.

Thank you.

Sam the Scribe

Thanks for that vote of sarcastic support! lol I know you are just kidding... I really do think it would be funny if you got drafted for this job... :drama:

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for that vote of sarcastic support! lol I know you are just kidding... I really do think it would be funny if you got drafted for this job... :drama:
Yes... funny like a train wreck is funny...

"Look mommy! Bodies everywhere!! Woot!"

Safe Travels, Sam

T

Tazar

Why not? This thread is already derailed... you start it, you clean it up! rofl

Might be good to get back on topic... Lady Magdalene is watching!:eyes:

D

Draken-Korin

Having played UO over 9 years now and meeting many good people I consider to be friends I have not had the pleasure to know Tazar in that time, only seeing him in passing, reading his posts on Stratics, and hearing things of him from mutual friends.

I respect how he handles himself with this seemingly thankless hobby of being a mod. I know myself I could not suffer the fools that make a statement without bothering to have taken notice over the years Tazar is a male.

Keep up the good work Tazar.

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why not? This thread is already derailed... you start it, you clean it up! rofl
Well, my point exactly... I'd spend most of my time deleting my own posts!

Just for fun let's list Sam's qualifications for Forum Mod:

1. Pic of Sam holding a "Troll Slayer" weapon... which he does not have the skill to wield.

2. I can type really long messages (like Tazar).

3. Will defend any point regardless of merit to the brutal end (thread-lock).

4. Have never hosted or sponsored any major event on any shard.

5. Hobbies include hoarding armor and killing Deamons.

6. Always misspells "Deamons."

7. Writes very long stories and browbeats all my friends into contributing to them, just to leave them unfinished.

8. Bedwetter.

9. Abuses alcohol and caffiene... well, I don't call it abuse... I call it "self-medication."

10. Prefers to ride "newb horses" on main characters.

Well, that's the short list... I'm sure my only supporter... GFY can add some... ;)

Safe Travels, Sam

T

Tazar

*hic*

Sounds like Sam is well equipped for curses... so this would just be one more! Looks prequalified to me! ROFL What do you think Magdalene? *notes wild-eyed look of concern on Magdalene's face*

Tiny Dancer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just feel that there are too many distractions for someone who is a broker as well as a member of a very large PvP guild with a lot of enemies -- to many conflicting interests, if you will.

I know that on other Atlantic forums moderated by members of a particular guild, the moderation is less than even-handed.

I trust that the Stratics staff will make an informed decision in the best interests of the community.

Amanita, somewhere on this thread, Can't exactly remember where...someone said it seems like you are little obsessed with HOT and you know, the more you post trying to defend yourself the more obsessive and silly you sound. I bet if you put half as much time into playing the game and creating a good reputation for yourself as you do slandering HOT and it's members people might actually like and respect you and your opinion and take you seriously instead of some obsessive person who is holding a grudge against the guild that *Gasp!* kicked you out.

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Before I make my endorsement, I need to know where the different candidates stand on the issue of elves leaving heartwood and living in our neighborhoods. Oh, except for Firmus: NO!

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Before I make my endorsement, I need to know where the different candidates stand on the issue of elves leaving heartwood and living in our neighborhoods. Oh, except for Firmus: NO!
*Sitting in a dark corner of the tavern, Firmus the Cruel hears the loud words of the druken merchants standing at the bar. He recognizes one of the voices... and moves quietly through the shadows to the group of men.*

"Mr. Tomas-Bryce..." *Firmus's voice cuts through the chatter like the hissing of a deadly serpent...*

*Tomas turns quickly and slips a hand under his cloak...*

"Wha.. YOU! How are you alive, FIEND!"

*Fearing a lethal encounter, the other merchants begin to back away...*

"If I am made Shard Moderator, I shall use my position to empower the elves to finally claim their true rights to the lands stolen by Men so long ago. They shall live in YOUR house, and you will serve them wine and bread as a slave!"

*Firmus waves his hand and begins an incantation... then pauses briefly... mumbling...*

"Oh right, better not use the Swarm of Flies spell again... that almost ended in disaster last time..."

Assuming the form of a bright red bird, Firmus flies quickly through an open window and dissapears into the dense trees of the forest.

The other merchants make excuses and leave the tavern. Tomas picks up his cider with a trembling hand and takes a sip. Noting this the bartender quips:

"He done got ya rattled didn't he sir?"

Thomas slams the glass onto the bar with such force it shatters.

"My hand is not shaking in fear you cur! It is anger that boils through my veins! ELVES! FOUL VERMIN ALL OF THEM! NOW GET ME ANOTHER CIDER!"

At the sound of his voice, several elven patrons drop their coin on the table and leave.

Tomas grins and raises the glass in a mock toast...

"Good riddence, you pointy eared sons of the Devil!"

A

AmanitaMuscaria

Amanita, somewhere on this thread, Can't exactly remember where...someone said it seems like you are little obsessed with HOT and you know, the more you post trying to defend yourself the more obsessive and silly you sound. I bet if you put half as much time into playing the game and creating a good reputation for yourself as you do slandering HOT and it's members people might actually like and respect you and your opinion and take you seriously instead of some obsessive person who is holding a grudge against the guild that *Gasp!* kicked you out.
This comment isn't relevant to the topic at hand in the least. Either stick to the topic of the thread or STFU.

And, coming from a HOT member, your comment means nothing. You can think it all boils down to the fact that I have no respect for the guild, but it's not that -- I just don't think that someone who is a member of one of the guilds with the most enemies and who also profits financially off of the game (selling gold and items for RL $$) has what it takes to be a fair and even-handed moderator.

Plus, I've experienced his moderation first-hand on the UO Atlantic HOT boards run by JC. And it leaves a lot to be desired.

You guys can gang up on me all you want, but the fact of the matter remains -- Soc has too many competing, personal interests to be an impartial mod. I'm all for him being a mod on another shard's forums, however.

S

samurai bob

I would like to nominate Dragkiris. I believe that him being in the great guild of LNR should trump all, and also SupSoc being in the guild of HOT should be an automatic loss for him and he should be banned viciously without reason like BBQ Lou was from the HOT boards!

VIVA LA BBQ LOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

T

Tazar

*Checks Thread*

Identifies Purpose of thead: Shard comments on potential new moderator for the fourm.

*Checks Thread*

Verifies that the original purpose of the thread has been achieved.

*Checks Thread*

Notes that thread has fallen to the trolls with accusations and personal attacks cropping up...

*Checks Thread*

Finds no potential gain from allowing the thread to continue it's current course.

*Locks Thread*

Status
Not open for further replies.