• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dear Atlanteans!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magdalene

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
(Atlantians?) ok, Good people of Atlantic Shard!

As you probably noticed there is only one moderator on this forum, and he needs a sidekick!

I dare you to nominate others or step forward yourself as candidates. No, it's won't be a democratic election, sorry, but we can hold an open recruitment and campaign, right?

Please post in this thread or email me at [email protected] , :mf_prop:
Thanks!

A

AmanitaMuscaria

I say that you make a public poll of the final 5 candidates and let the community vote in the person.

Some people here would love to moderate the ATL forum, but would make poor choices. I think that a public poll and then a subsequent election would be best, as a safe guard.

M

Mirage

I'll do it!!! But wait...I'm just coming off of a ban...I wouldn't be a good choice. LoL

J

JenniferAtlantic

I would like to nominate SupSoc. He would be an awesome moderator and he is very active on Atlantic.

SupSoc

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awww wow.

I would like to nominate myself. I have sent an E-mail to you Magdalene.

A

AmanitaMuscaria

Awww wow.

I would like to nominate myself. I have sent an E-mail to you Magdalene.
Nominate yourself? Wow! The arrogance here is astounding.

Will you use this is as an avenue to sell gold and items?

V

Vaen Swiftar

I nominate SupSoc, for the following reasons.

1) He keeps a level head, even on the flamous (see what I did there? lolz, flame + famous? yah..? yah? No? FINE) HOT Boards.
2) He's a very trustworthy person, as many people who have used him as a broker can tell you.
3) He never engages in personal insults, even after having been screwed over some items that were worth quite a bit of money.

I say all of this, having never been in the same guild as him, or even in the same vent as him. This is all from personal experience both in game and on different message boards. He would honestly be a good moderator.

BbqLou

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I nominate SupSoc, for the following reasons.

1) He keeps a level head, even on the flamous (see what I did there? lolz, flame + famous? yah..? yah? No? FINE) HOT Boards.
2) He's a very trustworthy person, as many people who have used him as a broker can tell you.
3) He never engages in personal insults, even after having been screwed over some items that were worth quite a bit of money.

I say all of this, having never been in the same guild as him, or even in the same vent as him. This is all from personal experience both in game and on different message boards. He would honestly be a good moderator.
Hi Vaen

Tiny Dancer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like to put in a vote to nominate SupSoc for the position. He is a very fair and trustworthy player/broker. With the numbers of people who play this game with the soul intent and purpose to scam and or get as much out of people as they possibly can it is awesome to know that there are people who play that still have integrity and honesty.

Lets give them the thumbs up they deserve by putting them in roles they truely deserve and I believe that Soc falls into this category.

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wish to nominate Lady Aalia of Winterbreeze Library. Her contributions and passion for the history and current happenings on the Atlantic Shard is second to none.

She is fair and trustworthy and takes her commitments seriously. She would make a very fine moderator :thumbup1:

Dragkiris

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like to nominate the great supsoc. If his modding skillz are as good as his crafting skillz the atl forum will be the webpage of God himself.

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wish to nominate Lady Aalia of Winterbreeze Library. Her contributions and passion for the history and current happenings on the Atlantic Shard is second to none.

She is fair and trustworthy and takes her commitments seriously. She would make a very fine moderator :thumbup1:

I second a nomination for Lady Aalia of Winterbreeze.

No offense to SupSoc, but Aalia's commitment to Atlantic goes back many years. I've only recently seen (many) posts by SupSoc, though I am sure he is a veteran player and qualified for the post.

I'd also offer Lady Rachel as Mod, but I believe she currently has duties in the Scribes Forum and perhaps her talents are being best used there.

Safe Travels, Sam

M

Miss Ghost

I too would like to nominate Lady Aalia, her knowledge of this Shard is amazing, she has established connections with many of the long time players and is still, after all this time passionate in her love for this game and this Shard.

Aalia would make a wonderful second to Tazar.

Lady_Rachel

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My vote would go to Lady Aalia also.
She has been a long standing member and contributor to the Atlantic community. Her knowledge of the game and community is legend. She would make a wonderful moderator!

*slips her paper in the ballot box*

G

GFY

SupSoc...:confused:

Didn't I read a post not long ago about him just returning to Atlantic?

I wish to nominate... Sam the Scribe.

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wish to nominate... Sam the Scribe.
Very kind of you, however I do tend to "stir the pot" over in UHall sometimes and perhaps would not make as level-headed a mod as Lady Aalia. Could I convince you to change your nomination to her?

I have been toying with the idea of becoming a reporter for Atlantic... for a while now... been starting a new job though and didn't want to commit to something that I would end up not having time for.

Either way, please consider Lady Aalia... we don't need some Hot-headed scribe moderating Atlantic! ;)

Safe Travels, Sam

*P.S. I have been attending "Anger Management for Scribes" seminars... so hopefully I'll become a better citizen of these boards... *

L

Lady D

I personally do not know Aalia, but by reputation, she has been a strong supporter of the Atlantic community for many, many years. So my vote is for Lady Aalia

G

GFY

Very kind of you, however I do tend to "stir the pot" over in UHall sometimes and perhaps would not make as level-headed a mod as Lady Aalia. Could I convince you to change your nomination to her?

I have been toying with the idea of becoming a reporter for Atlantic... for a while now... been starting a new job though and didn't want to commit to something that I would end up not having time for.

Either way, please consider Lady Aalia... we don't need some Hot-headed scribe moderating Atlantic! ;)

Safe Travels, Sam

*P.S. I have been attending "Anger Management for Scribes" seminars... so hopefully I'll become a better citizen of these boards... *

I'm truly sorry for you disinclination to become a MOD. I personally haven't had the pleasure of meeting Lady Aalia, but her reputation is without question and I will recast my nomination for her.

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Sam's hand trembles as he places the exceptional quill pen in the inkwell.*

"There I've done as you ask... now... leave me alone!"

Firmus the Cruel snatches the parchment from Sam's desk and reads the words aloud...

"I nominate Firmus the Cruel for Atlantic Moderator, Signed Sam"....

A hoarse chuckle comes from the throat of the evil servant of Mondain.

"You shall live to see another day, Sam..."

*A brillian flash of red light and the evil elf is gone. Sam sits shaking in his chair, sweat pouring down his brow...*

"I thought he was gone for good... I... must warn..."

As Sam tries to push himself from his chair, the strain from the encounter overcomes him and he falls to the floor unconcious...

Magdalene

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*makes notes*

As I said "I dare you to nominate others or step forward yourself as candidates. No, it's won't be a democratic election, sorry, but we can hold an open recruitment and campaign, right?"

FYI - it will be a joint decision of Stratics Forums Administrators, as usual, so it will take a few days.

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*makes notes*
*Feeling an icy presence behind her, Lady Magdalene turns and finds herself face to face with Firmus the Cruel. A twisted grin distorts the ancient one's face and he holds a piece of parchment forward in a withered bony hand.*

"Be sure to make a note of Sam's nomination of myself... M'lady..."

*As Lady Magdalene takes the note... Firmus vaporizes into a buzzing cloud of flies... swirling around her head then taking off into the skies.*

Alexei

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am selling my vote.

Whoever can get me 10 million gold first wins.

T

Tazar

*Feeling an icy presence behind her, Lady Magdalene turns and finds herself face to face with Firmus the Cruel. A twisted grin distorts the ancient one's face and he holds a piece of parchment forward in a withered bony hand.*

"Be sure to make a note of Sam's nomination of myself... M'lady..."

*As Lady Magdalene takes the note... Firmus vaporizes into a buzzing cloud of flies... swirling around her head then taking off into the skies.*
:spider: *... where the giant spiders hung, between the trees, in their interwoven webs, silently and patiently awaiting dinner ...* :spider:

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:spider: *... where the giant spiders hung, between the trees, in their interwoven webs, silently and patiently awaiting dinner ...* :spider:
*Firmus struggles in the web, his fly body and wings stuck to the silken threads... his tiny elven head squeaking out an unheard plea...*

...help me.... ....help ME!...

SupSoc

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Amanita we don't need you coming here causing problems. Please.

Thank you for those who have voted for me. I would like to be a mod for the Atlantic shard. GFY It was not me who's post you are talking about. Not sure which you are talking about.

There are some people out there who don't know me, but has seen my name. And for this reason will not cast a vote for me. I understand. But let me assure you, I will do the right thing for Atlantic as someone else would.

Please consider SupSoc to help assist Atlantic. He is on your side.

Cutter

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Probably a bad idea for an active player (and member of a pvp guild) of the shard to moderate that shards forum. Might be some conflicts of interests!

T

Tazar

Probably a bad idea for an active player (and member of a pvp guild) of the shard to moderate that shards forum. Might be some conflicts of interests!
It takes a special kind of person to set that kind of bias aside and be fair and impartial. It is not easy to do, and leaves you questioning a lot of your own actions.

A

AmanitaMuscaria

This is a very good point. I don't believe such a person can be fair and impartial.

Maybe someone who doesn't play on Atlantic would be the best bet.

Alexei

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Supsoc is a hell of a nice guy. Just because he likes to pvp (even though he mostly crafts) doesn't make him any worse of a candidate than anyone else. There are moderators for other forums that pvp FULL time and nobody has issues with them at all.

My personal experience with supsoc has been cool. People shouldn't be singled out just because they enjoy an aspect of the game.

I just don't want to see a repeat of the old forums. We had news reporters making up twisted stories and because they were friends with the moderators and they roleplayed with the moderators their posts stayed....even if they trashed an entire guild that had done nothing wrong. We need diversity for these forums....not a clique that runs people away from them....

My vote is for supsoc....he can just foot me the 10 mil later....or else....:gun:

Btw why can't you just have two more moderators? Even though the majority has voted for supsoc there is an even majority for aalia or whatever it looks like.... Actually I don't know Aalia but I do know Rachel somewhat.....Make it THREE!!! moderators....Supsoc, Rachel, Aalia or whatever.

A

AmanitaMuscaria

Amanita we don't need you coming here causing problems. Please.
Just because I have a differing viewpoint, it makes me a "problem"? This is case-in-point why you shouldn't be a mod. You don't support free speech.

T

Tazar

Just because I have a differing viewpoint, it makes me a "problem"? This is case-in-point why you shouldn't be a mod. You don't support free speech.
It's not a question of "free speech". These are private forums so that rule simply does not apply. It is a question of who can fairly and impartially enforce the forum rules of conduct found here, regardless of friendships, guild affiliations, personal grudges, etc.

And personally, I think it requires someone that actually plays Atlantic, is fairly well respected, and wants to help improve the community. It needs to be someone who understands what is going on behind the scenes where certain innocent seeming comments are actually trolls or personal attacks.

I think a pvp'er can do it successfully, but again, it takes a special person to be able to set that aside while on the forums. Most PVP'ers that I know would acknowledge that they would not be able to be impartial.

Note: The above is my personal opinion and is not a reflection of Stratics Policy, their Procedures, or the opinions of any Stratics Staff member except for myself!

A

AmanitaMuscaria

I just feel that there are too many distractions for someone who is a broker as well as a member of a very large PvP guild with a lot of enemies -- to many conflicting interests, if you will.

I know that on other Atlantic forums moderated by members of a particular guild, the moderation is less than even-handed.

I trust that the Stratics staff will make an informed decision in the best interests of the community.

T

Tazar

I can certainly understand those concerns. Magdalene has been doing this a long time and I trust her and the other admins as well.

Halister Marner

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would like to add support for the nomination of Lady Aalia.

She has contributed extensively to Stratics, both the revamped boards and the older Atlantic forums, as well as being a heavily active patron of the community at large, holding many events, as well as spending countless hours running the Winterbreeze library and museum.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the vote is quite overwhelming in SupSoc's favor so I wish to cast a de-nominate ballot to him if it is possible; giving Lady Aalia a chance.

Dragkiris

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like to vote to denominate tazor. she locks and deletes threads without warrent and is biased beyond belief.

Status
Not open for further replies.