• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dear Adida, an apology and a reminder

U

_Uriah Heep_

Just finished attending the scavenger hunt.
Good idea, perhaps needs a bit of polish on the methods.

But you have been around, so you know the drill. Anyway, just wanted to thank ya for the effort, and remind you, you *can* squelch the annoying and complaining, and *jail* the cursers and those that are just totally disruptive and annoying. You had those powers as a GM, and I am sure ya do as a dev...Don't forget to use them

The chest spawn idea, didnt work too well tho, imo. Personal opinion, it would have been better for you to set out the chest with the lists in it, and tell everyone you would be <pick a town> and the first five to find ya win!!

Can't ya see everyone running thru <pick a town> ( I like Nujelm) hunting for ya!

Less confusing as to where the chest is, and since they hand items directly to you, no chance for anyone to mess with a bag already placed in chest.

Anyway, thanks girl, and don't let em wear ya down!

G

I was really disappointed with the people there complaining and whining. I wouldn't want to do any events if people act like that, and I woudln't blame you one bit for not wanting to do anymore. People want events, then they show up and act like children.

I'm sorry you had such a bad time. Legends is a great shard, full of good people. There were a lot there, probably half of them there that are not from Legends. I know some prizes went to people who aren't even from our shard, and that's a shame.

Congrats to Pariah from my alliance, he did win one of the roses. It was fun, and I look forward to more events, and hopefully better behaved people.

U

_Uriah Heep_

Yeah
there were some that shoulda been frozen from the start...And, making it one win per account wont affect the X shard guys, they will just run a noob throwaway account to win on another shard.

Perhaps make it available only to chars on a shard that have been logged in in the last 30 days?

*shrugs*

T

TheGwy

Well she does keep changing rules all the time, she added a new one again on Atlantic, no new characters can win, need to be people who have played shard for a while so that's good, 1 per accnts is nice as well, wish that rule was in at first so I could participate on my own shard but oh well, same difference, makes for nice gifts for friends and prizes for contests

and I must agree people had bad manners and language on Legends, such a shame people go so low cussing people out, GM presence should be at the Event to take care of the people and keep them inline...

U

_Uriah Heep_

*laughs*

It was a GM or ex GM running the event. And I ahve to say, I admire her restraint.
Cause if I had "Da Powr", half a dozen or so woulda been gone before the show even started!
And another half dozen or so, at the end, woulda been jailed for 24 hrs.
Good thing I'm just a playa

T

TheGwy

I would of jailed the ones cussing out people but I mean just having a red shrouded figure there would of helped with situation

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow I'm glad I didnt go check it out. Ya know maybe some of these folks need to be transformed into a jackass for 24hrs of play time.

G

Thanks for the reminder of why I no longer attended EM events! I'll save myself the trouble and stay home stocking vendors and crafting.

I'm not really one for seeing a bunch of whiney, moany, ungrateful brats ruin what could or should have been a fun event.

Amazingly, when we hosted seasonal festivals on LS the GM's were great about clamping down on the brats. It took alot of time, volunteering, and donations to pull off a city wide festival four times a year.

G

Jirel, Real life happened to you, that's more important than a game, now stop trying to derail threads.

Anyway, I'd also like to apologize to Adida, couple of people on Great Lakes were complaining (yes, including me). But next time I would make 100% sure that you have the directions completely right. (book said put 5 items and signed book in the purple bag, you needed the 5 items, signed book and the list book in order to win)

But these types of events are pretty fun and I hope to see more of them in the future, possibly a little more challenging next time though.

G

<blockquote><hr>

ADIDA doesn't deserve a apology!

[/ QUOTE ]Yes, s/he does.
From you, especially.

Get over yourself.

G

Yes she does. No one deserves to be treated like that for *doing their job*, and also doing something FUN for the community. For all we know, it was her idea to provide the event!

Just because you didn't get a prize, she should have to deal with sh*theads and griefers? That's definately some flawed logic.

I read your other post. If Adida had given you special treatment, that would have been *very* unfair to the others at the event. Be thankful you were able to participate in the holiday festivities...I'm sure many players missed out all together due to other RL responsibilities (work/school/sickness). Most of all be happy that your mother is not seriously injured! This would overshadow the loss of a contest by an overwhelming degree for me.

Back on topic...

I can't wait for the event on Chesapeake! I'm very excited to have the opportunity to attend this...for the fun and the community. Matters not to me if I receive any pixel crack. I thought that's what it was about anyway...fun, community, and friends! Hopefully my shard will be more appreciative, Adida! &lt;3

U

_Uriah Heep_

You know, might be a good idea for em to work in pairs...
One to run the event, Like Adida did.
One for crowd control

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

This coming from Mr. Everyone-Bend-Over-Backwards-For-Me. Sheesh. The sense of entitlement some people feel.... It's pretty pathetic.

deadite

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
RTLFC

Aw CRAP! I totally forgot about the event tonight in my haste to clean house for a visit from the in-laws.

Darn those in-laws!!!!

G

Now that's a smart idea.

Perhaps Draconi could grace us with his ever explosive presence? Maybe with an apple cannon in tow for the party poopers?

P

pallas

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

For god's sake PLEASE stop embarrassing yourself.

G

I'm sorry you had such a bad time. Legends is a great shard, full of good people. There were a lot there, probably half of them there that are not from Legends. I know some prizes went to people who aren't even from our shard, and that's a shame.

I just over heard one of the XSharders on my home shard, complaining how he already won 5 times and now wont be able to do it again due to the recent changes made to the hunt. Unfortunately for many the changes were made to late.

G

The event was so so. It still had a few bugs that made it tough for some people to enjoy. Im glad there was an event, just wasnt happy with the even itself. Only time I got really upset ws when she decided she would pick the fifth winner at random. That was kinda horse crap.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I just over heard one of the XSharders on my home shard, complaining how he already won 5 times and now wont be able to do it again due to the recent changes made to the hunt. Unfortunately for many the changes were made to late.

[/ QUOTE ]

They should be stripped of their prizes, with so few given out it's just not right. This has been a learning experience for everyone, the Dev's as well. They're changing the rules, and tweaking the list so it's a bit more fair. Next time will be better, you'll see.

G

<blockquote><hr>

They should be stripped of their prizes, with so few given out it's just not right. This has been a learning experience for everyone, the Dev's as well. They're changing the rules, and tweaking the list so it's a bit more fair. Next time will be better, you'll see.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have got to be a bit critical here; how could they not have learned anything form the EM events and the chaos that ensues. They use the same list as earlier shards (and this was after it was posted the list would be changed), a list that any newly created char could obtain with their newb gold, inviting folks to create chars on other shards to try and get the reward. Where is the context of the event, there was none, it could have been tied to the new justice park in someway but it really wasn't, it seemed hastily thrown together and rather forced.

I would welcome anyone from EA to come watch my Equinox Scavenger on Legends; I will try to have more drama and excitement.

G

Thunder DOES throw a nice scavenger hunt.

And again the Devs should have taken note of the choas from the EM events. First, using food as part of the lists, and having people EAT the food while it was in the chest and thusly makin the submission invalid was bad. Again allowing them go buy items with newbie gold...make sence? Not likely.

At least they are attempting stuff after being so silent for so long. That magincia event was okay at best.

I would like to see some STORY LINES MADE AND FOLLOWED THROUGH...What happened to Inu? Rico? Im not a fan(well i like them) of flashy items that are created for someone to sale for millions. Id rather have some content. Saying here is a rare item go fetch isnt the solution...but i guess a bad start is better than no start at all.

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The thing that bothers me, is that UO is a 10 year old game with 10 years of experience in hosting events. In fact the events 8 years ago were better organised. Heck, some player events are better. I attended one where a player (with all his limited resources) had created a working maze, with riddles and puzzles. Now that was fun!
Sure, the EA person that organised the event is new, but (s)he has a rich past to 'steal' ideas from.

The thought of an event is great. The actual event, considering that it has taken 10 years to reach this level, is poor. I think there's many player initiatives that are better. EA has sworn off volunteers for certain reasons. If you are going to be hiring people, you better make sure they do a better job than someone who does it in his or her spare time.

There are dozens of people who would love to help EA with certain things, like customer service, like organising events. For free.

G

<blockquote><hr>

3. I think a prize for everyone would have been a nice gift. Like the first bag turned in says: "1st place 2008 hunt" or the 23rd bag turned in could say "23rd place 2008 hunt".

[/ QUOTE ]

That would have been a great idea, still great for the one whom finnished first, but everyone gets a momento of the event, rather then the bitter taste we are left with now.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

I think she tried hard especially for being her first time and I want to thank her for at least trying.

I have to be honest though, this event was flawed in a lot of ways. After the turn in box was placed after 15 minutes, on my shard Legends, 3 of the five turned-in bags were not even from people who played on Legends. I think they just came over to win a prize, x-fer it, and sell it. So many people, including myself could have had that opportunity to get it. Although she re-did the 3 that shouldn't have been in there, I couldn't stay there for the second round. And the 5th prize I heard she just picked from the crowd.
A

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="purple">ahhh.... long after Uriah started this thread I had the opportunity to peek into his backpack....

"Uriah! you got one!!!" I squealed

lackadaisical as ever "got what?"

"In your pack!!!! (I'm pretty excited now, can ya tell?) "you got a prize!!!"

"prize for what.."

"in your pack!! one of the roses!!! " (he's just not gettin' it....)

he ambles over, takes a look....

"y'know, saw that in my pack back at the falls, but thought I had put it in there in case it was on the list, cause when I moused-over it said "rose in a vase".... " says Uriah

so, a Legends regular does have another one of the five given, and was his that was randomly dropped, cause neither of us ever got even close to that chest
</font>

G

I'm really glad Uriah got one!

That takes away some of the bitterness still left in my mouth

I

imported_Cyrah

That is so neat! Glad for him!

Do you guys have a house near the park? One went up, player built on Cats, its ok looking, needs to be Sarsmied tho. Well I saw on LS a similar house went up, yet has no house sign &amp; no it was not in custom, I walked in.

Just curious is all.

U

_Uriah Heep_

*chuckles softly*

If DevilsOwn hadn't noticed it, I would still be walking around wondering who got the last prize...
I gotta clean that pack out once in a while!

*shakes head*

And yes, one more award that is staying on Legends, I ain't goin' anywhere!

U

_Uriah Heep_

No house near the park, well, I used to, on Atlantic, but that was long ago.

Fellowship of Skara Brae is, well, just out of Skara Brae.

The road to the farms is where you will find us, quite a few houses there, and I invite you to the newest addition, Uriah's reading room, NE of the last npc farmer's house. It has a small but relatively complete rune library, the third floor and roof are reading areas with both player written books and npc books on display for your reading pleasure.

Plus, it's one of the showcases of DevilsOwn's design and deco talents, Thanks Girl !!

S

SaoirseCat

Event newly over on Cats. Thank you to Adida for the effort and bearing the stress of this sort of event. Hope you do more.

We did get a new list, which was wonderful.
Small complaint. Please write the 'full' names of the items requested as more than one person was confused.

Other than that I don't personally like events where everyone who participated doesn't get a keepsake. Personal opinion. The crowd leaves happier if everyone gets a piece of the pie.

G

That random drop was excellent. i have attended many events and got sod all so nice that the lil guy gets a look in