• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pets DarkHorse-Nightmare?

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hi all,
only today I discovered that I have, I believe for at least 15 years, a nightmare-darkHorse I don't know what to call it, because as you can see it has the same values as a horse and occupies only 1 slot.

Can anyone tell me what it is, where it comes from?
thank you

Kuru

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It’s an old faction guard horse. Use to be able to get them by dismounting minax faction guards and taming their horses. They come in 3 styles as far as I know, pure black with a long mane like you posted, light black with a short mane, and light black with a long mane.

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
nice, i just forget i have it
thank you so much for your clear explanation :)

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
someone who can give more information about the period of this old faction minax guard horse?
doing some research I saw that there are videos where Minax vs COM fight, video of 2008, so this horse is at least 12 years old?

hope for more info

Last edited:

Crazy White Boy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
someone who can give more information about the period of this old faction minax guard horse?
doing some research I saw that there are videos where Minax vs COM fight, video of 2008, so this horse is at least 12 years old?

hope for more info
They were obtained by throwing a bola at a Shadowlord Necromancer or Minax Dragoon with a non faction char, running off screen so you don't get guard wacked and returning after the guards can no longer be called on you message displays to tame the black horse.
dragoons.jpg
Old Faction System: Publish 8 - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They were obtained by throwing a bola at a Shadowlord Necromancer or Minax Dragoon with a non faction char, running off screen so you don't get guard wacked and returning after the guards can no longer be called on you message displays to tame the black horse.
View attachment 106675
Old Faction System: Publish 8 - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia
ho well, thx a lot Crazy White Boy :)
Now I remember that event ... good times ... good memories
thx a lot for this info :)

Glorfindel

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
I know these exist because I have one. It’s pure black with regular horse stats. I got it around 07’ or so. Couldn’t be 16th anni. As I wasn’t playing the game then. It can be traded as well

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know these exist because I have one. It’s pure black with regular horse stats. I got it around 07’ or so. Couldn’t be 16th anni. As I wasn’t playing the game then. It can be traded as well
i know it can be traded, its like a regular horse!
Publish 8
"The following is a list of changes deployed as Publish 8 (also known as the Factions System Publish) on December 5, 2000. "
So aorund 10 years, but i dont care about 9/10/11 years.. i like its a rare horse, with a old story :)

Kuru

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@MaryForUo yep mentioned that because I saw one thread that said they were not tradable
I will bet that thread was more than likely talking about the Faction Horses themselves. There has been a lot of confusion on these over the past couple years because people reference them as “faction guard horses” giving people the impression that they are somehow faction related.
When referencing these in rares trades nowadays it’s better to just call them by what they go by now: “black horses” usually people will understand and not question their transferability.

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well said Kuru thx :) I know that this is a "black horses" and that it is transferable, but I do not intend to sell it. I want to keep a piece of UO history for myself