• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Darkfall NDA lifted, link inside

M

Masumatek

I have very mixed feelings.

On the one hand, it's freaking great. I haven't had this much fun in playing an MMO in 4 years. I can live with most of the problems because it's so great that the fun overrules them.

On the other hand, there are bugs that need fixing. And there are very significant issues with many aspects of the game that aren't bugs at all. They've also gone in the completely wrong direction (imo) on many aspects of the game...Away from many initial promises and ideas, and poorly thought out screw ups of many other aspects of the game. And in recent patches they've done what is, to me and many others, adding completely unnecessary carebear elements to the game...before the carebears were even there to ask for them.

Imo DarkFall needs a good 3 months before it should be released. My guess is they're releasing now because they need the money, not because they feel it's ready for release. And they also need to change their thoughts on some very important aspects of the game.

I'm not trying to sound negative...I was the biggest fanboi I knew. This is just how it is though.

Despite all the crap that I disagree with or that needs fixing, I'm sure I'll still be playing it as it will probably be fun and better than any other MMO out there despite all the problems.

Velvathos

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, I am in beta as well!! YEP, I WAS A BETACAKER!!!! Feel free to ask me questions and I will do my best to answer.. :D

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL, isn't that the truth. It was down all weekend (well, I did get the patch downloaded) but the rest of the time they were down. I turn the computer on this morning and see they are all online. *grumbles*. I hope they stay that way until I get a chance to log on tonight...la