• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Dark knight still attackable?

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was reading over some information on the enhanced client (or the proper name: Stygian Abyss Client) and I didn't realize that it is just a tweaked version of Kingdom Reborn. At least according to UOGuide.

So, does that mean that the Dark Knight is still able to be fought? Or is he just an unused graphic that now exists in the game?

It used to be that you could fight him only when you made a new character on the KR client.

I really don't want to re-install Kingdom Reborn...er, I mean Stygian Abyss just to answer this. Does anyone know?

Of course my favorite client was Third Dawn, for me it was the first version of Ultima Online that I saw. And I'm very sad that it is gone. :sad2:

Loren

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I made a new char today on the EC, I am not ready to take him on yet, but I did get directed to speak to him, and receive a challenge to come back and fight when ready. The rune was labeled "The Darkness".

I should hit him up sometime tomorrow, and I'll update you.

DOM

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Honestly, since SA came out and we could do the ter mur quest to get the crystal balls of knowledge, I gave up on the dark night. The only reason I ever fought him was in hopes of getting a skill tutor statue.

Loren

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
i'm going to go with no. Got Magery up to 51.8, used a recall scroll on rune, "There is something blocking the location. The spell fizzles."

Now I get "I cannot recall from that object right now" Pretty f'n annoying actually. 51.8 + using a scroll, shoud have been a-ok.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hmm. I am tempted to try myself. I do remember hearing about a bug with the rune itself saying that it sometimes messes up. I appreciate your feedback though.

Should I decide to download the client, and if I find out anything as well, I'll add to the forum.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well... I decided to download the Enhanced client, and go to test center to find out. I didn't make it past the customize character screen, because I found that there are 20 different "faces" to choose from. Faces 1 - 10 are just normal human faces. Faces 11 - 20 are different race-looking faces. The faces seem to do no more than appearance, just like hair.

I have only ever known of one single person that even bothers playing in the enhanced client, so I'm pretty sure that many of you reading this most likely will never log on into it. I can't blame you, I hate the enhanced client too. At any rate, I wanted to post the 11 - 20 faces. The face names are: Anime, Hellian, Juka, Undead, Meer, Elder, Orc, Pirate, Native Papuan and Vampire. Here are some screen shots I put together for your viewing pleasure.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I made a new char today on the EC, I am not ready to take him on yet, but I did get directed to speak to him, and receive a challenge to come back and fight when ready. The rune was labeled "The Darkness".

I should hit him up sometime tomorrow, and I'll update you.

DOM

Didn't work on test center either. I got the same message that you did DirtyOldManReturns. :(

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Here's a pic I took back in the day when I was cheerleading for the Kingdom Reborn client.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Flutter, half those characters are wearing eye patches.
How many times do I have to say it? NO RUNNING WITH A SWORD IN YOUR HAND!!

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pirates wear underwear?
Hmm. Learn something new every day I guess.

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pirates wear underwear?
Hmm. Learn something new every day I guess.
Female pirates won't last long on a pirate ship full of scraggly icky :drool: men without any underwear. Heck underwear is probably only like +10 DCI at most!
:mf_prop: