• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

dark father - solo?

G

Is there a template to solo dark father?

I keep playing in off hours and doom is empty now. Really need a way to get past dark father. Assume I can cut up most of the bones...

G

I can solo on a bard template; however, it takes about 30 mins to complete. I get stuck/stopped in Room 2 though and usually stop there.

I

imported_Jimmy Pop

Rooms are easy with a Wrath.

Dark Father is doable, if you have someone chopping bones for you, you don't get blood oath spammed and someone can watch your heals a bit.

Last time I tried it with my wraith alone, I got blood oathed and as I was making some room (running away) I got nuked by Liches. Then every time I got close to the DF, I'd get wither spammed by those silly liches.

Someone cutting bones helps a LOT.

I

imported_Farsight

My wraith does well against the DF until he gets swamped by the other things around. Cutting bones would help against them, I'm sure. On the other hand, I often miss that bones have been thrown and act surprised to find two lich lords and 3 rotting corpses waiting in line to kill me.

The I run off, kill off the extra spawn and work on the DF for another half minute until I have to repeat the process. It's a long and tedious process which I've done all of once before deciding that Doom is a 2 player minimum area.

So the skills you need are bushido, parry, weapon skill, and lower levels of spirit speak, chivalry (EoO is very important against everything except the DF) and some necromancy jewelery (necromancy isn't required, just the jewelery). The last one or two skills are flexible. I chose to have high necromancy and tactics. I've also used focus and tactics or anatomy and tactics.

C

Connor_Graham

Use a radiant scimitar for the DF. When the undead spawn, simply spam whirlwind. The extra spawn will actually help you leech more so you can stay alive even though you have 10 things beating on you. It's kind of the same thing as getting the red key in Travesty.