• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

dark father exploit

G

there is a way to exploit the game mechanics so one can fight 2 dark fathers against each other i know this has to be illegal but we have been paging and paging.
the same guy keeps getting us all kill by luring a second one right on top of the one the group is fighting and like i said everyone dies.
i know they cant be provod on each other.
he has to be using some kind of fault in mechanics that makes em hit each other.
it has killed the doom community people wont even go because they know this person will be there doing the same thing and they wont be able to fight the dark fathers.
ive noticed people dont like repeated deaths due to others being inconsiderate.
any fix for this in the future or is it even a known bug?

Alvinho

Great Lakes Forever!
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the wither hits the other adn tehy start going at it

Sneaky Que

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well if it is the DF's wither that is flagging them on each other I would say that no, its not illegal (considering that players have no control over this), but it needs to be fixed.

If someone is luring on you, then maybe you have a case for the GMs, not sure though.

G

Oh, so thats why some ppl lure a 2nd onto us when fighting the DF.
Makes most ppl and pets die just so they dont have to do much themselves.

G

Yes the df that is fighting will hit the other with area spells and they then attack each other. i wonder if the winning df gets an arti from the vanquished one!

C

Connor_Graham

Get an archer with a fast Demon slayer heavy crossbow to blast away at the 2nd DF with Lightning Strike, then lure it away when it heads his way. Works every time to pull aggro. Once it's far enough away, drink an Invis pot, then head back to the fight. This isn't a fix, but a way to get the 2nd DF out of the way so you can finish the first.

B

Babble

Not illegal
Who remembers when Ophedian matriarchs masscursed?
Was same then.

I

imported_ejpeters

We have the same problem on Catskills. It makes such a mess and all the people have to take the time to kill the outer spawn while incredibly the person causing the mess just stands there and keeps provoking and throwing Earth eles.
We had a crowd of people and this person was the only one to get looting rights on 3 Dark Fathers. We have paged because she lures everything over and then hides but no one seems to care.

G

<blockquote><hr>

i thought you could discord them then provoc.

[/ QUOTE ]
Nope.

Hardly anyone even goes to Doom2 on Cats anymore because of `1 person.

I

imported_revenant2

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

i thought you could discord them then provoc.

[/ QUOTE ]
Nope.

Hardly anyone even goes to Doom2 on Cats anymore because of `1 person.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like the GMs should come down on this person and tell him to stop, and then when the UO people get the time they will want to fix the DFs so they don't hit one another with wither.

Assuming we are correct in understanding why and how this is happening - when it comes to dealing with this one ****** player, one should look at the whole picture. It's clear that some griefer (which this person in effect is) should not be allowed to fall back onto some silly technicality to attempt to justify what he's doing.

If a griefy player is using a problem in the game (dark fathers flagging on each other due to wither) to get something done, all that should have to happen is a GM tell him KNOCK IT OFF and it should be a done deal. A GM's order to cut it out should transend any whiny technicality this player can come up with - - and saying "oh well YOU made the game this way, why are you telling me not to use what's there?" isn't valid.

If people can't use Doom as the UO people intend because of this one griefy person, it's a clear case in my mind to come down on him and make him stop.

Voodoo Bad Mojo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i dont agree with the fella's play tactics.
but to start dictating how a person plays that game.....

well your starting to get a little obtrussive there.
its his play style.
its how he likes to do it.
who are we to tell him he cant?

if the game lets him do it and the devs dont wanna fix it.... well then its a game mechanic.

its the same thing as at the Mag Invasion.
the DFs would wither and then attack all the Demon Berserkers.

do i think its a good tactic?
no.
i think its lame and it would tick me off too if i was there.

but as soon as the GMs start popping in and telling people that they cant play the game the way they want and the way the game is allowing them to play..... well, people will just start leaving.

soon the entire game will be midwestern housewives watching Oprah and looping heals on their pets in doom and there will be no one else playing.

and judging by the responce (or lack of it) from the GMs, id say they are thinking the exact same.

and instead of pancakes and moaning why not find your own fix.

energy fields to keep the 2nd DF from coming up the hallway, ect ect ect.
there are a million ways to stop this or fix it if your there fighting.
putting your hands in your pockets and stomping around and holding your breath only works for kids, and dosnt even work that well for them.

assume that a GM will never come to your rescue.
think of how you can fix the problem yourself and do it.

dont be spoonfed.

G

i comepletely disagree mojo if your play style is luring monsters to kill other players or using bugs in game mechanics.
we should not sit back and say oh well thats how this person plays.
thats bs and you know it
the devs didnt intend this game to be abused b y kids who just wanna tick people off.
if you want to do this go to fel.
im not a trammy and i rather enjoy fel but there is a reason people dont go there.
its because they dont wanna deal with people who act this way.
so i say warning then ban.
and some actual response from gm's
ive only seen agm once in over a year and that was for stuck demons in the mag invasion.

I

imported_Lord GOD(GOD)

rtlfc

There are several bugs with barding skills. This one has been known about for a long time, as has the one where provoke area peaces everyone.

I don't think it's fair to blame the player in this case. Just another example of something implemented (monsters with area) with overlooked side effects.

Edit: Just to add to that, I have a discord/prov bard and know about how that works. If I'm in doom and provoke 2 lich lords together and they wither and kill/get killed by everything else I don't see that I should get paged on for that. As it's likely the guy isn't luring to kill people but luring to get them to fight I'm not sure how in the wrong he is, I would guess that it's up to the GM. (or how good/bad a day their having)

B

Babble

It sounds like normal gameplay.
That everyone loses the target when a bard provokes is a bug I guess, but not an exploit yet