• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dark Age of Camelot August Newsletter 12

Solicfire

Journeyman

Welcome to the Dark Age of Camelot Newsletter. We'll be sending one out monthly with updates on the latest happenings in Albion, Hibernia, and Midgard!

The newsletter will contain exclusive announcements and rewards from time to time so please encourage your friends to sign up here.
Store
Twitch
Guides
Podcasts

Hot Fixes - 1.123C

Based on feedback from the 5v5 event, we're going to hold off on introducing the character movement changes from the 1.123C Pendragon notes until we can make some adjustments to them.

Since those changes require server downtime, we're going to introduce the other fixes and changes from the 1.123C Pendragon notes in the form of a Hot Fix today and delay the character movement and +range% fix (which also requires server downtime) until the 1.124 version.

We're aiming to release version 1.124 prior to Dark Age of Camelot's 16th anniversary.

The following notes are now live!

World

• Buggane’s Obelisk will now rotate once every 4 hours instead of once every 24 hours.
  • The portal ceremony to Ellan Vannin will now port once every 5 minutes instead of once every 10 minutes.
  • The Triumphant Wristguard reward (called "Band of the Dream Conqueror") from the Chapter 6 Dragon Curse campaign will now be tradable to other players.
  • The Chapter 6 Dragon Curse campaign solo instance’s mobs have had their difficulty reduced slightly.
  • The Chapter 5 Dragon Curse campaign Vulcan (Albion) and Darkspire Crystal (Midgard) bosses have had their difficulties reduced slightly. Hibernia's boss is already at the correct difficulty.

Class Changes

Enchanter
Enchantment specialization
  • The Enchantment of Mana's proc rate has been reduced from a 50% to a 40% chance to proc.
Hunter
Beastcraft specialization
  • The chance for the Hunter’s Avatar to land a rear stun has been removed entirely.
  • The chance for the Hunter’s Avatar to proc disease has been reduced as follows:
    • Level 40 avatar: 10% down to 7% chance.
    • Level 50 avatar: 15% down to 10% chance.

Bug Fixes and Client Updates

• Players that are within 2000 units of the boss when it dies should consistently receive credit when completing Chapter 5 of the Dragon Curse campaign.
    • Please note that the previous step still requires characters to equip their Soul weapon prior to fighting the boss.
  • The Chapter 5 Dragon Curse encounters should no longer despawn when the encounter is failed.
  • The Chapter 6 Dragon Curse campaign's Dream mobs should no longer respawn while the instance is underway.
  • The plate armor Soul Infused Greaves should now equip to the right armor location.

All ingame items up to and including Patch 1.123b are now available in a downloadable item database!

• This file is a downloadable .json file that contains stats, delve, and source information for weapons, armor, and jewelry items in-game.
    • It is up to date with the listed Patch version.
    • Miscellaneous items such as "trash" loot, mounts, tickets, or any other non-equippable items are NOT included in this database.
  • Web developers and programmers can take this data and create XML, HTML, or other format-based tools for use by players!
    • If you are unfamiliar with the .json filetype, it can be viewed using an advanced text editor or database program.
    • It is not a format made for general use out of the box.
Grab Bag

Read our latest Grab Bag featuring a look behind the scenes at Broadsword here.

Archive
August 11th, 2017
July 28th, 2017 | July 14th, 2017
June 30th, 2017 | June 17th, 2017
June 2nd, 2017 | May 19th, 2017
May 5th, 2017 | April 21st, 2017
April 7th, 2017 | March 24th, 2017
March 10th, 2017 | February 24th, 2017

You can send in any questions you have for our Grab Bags through our submission form! Please note this is for game questions, feedback should be sent in through our feedback form.

Chapter 6 of our new PvE campaign, A Dragon's Curse, launched August 22nd!

Chapter 6 is a purely solo chapter, revisiting various old regions and zones throughout the realms Summon your team to help battle your way through these dungeons! **Please note you do not need to have completed Chapter 6 in order to move on to Chapter 7 next month, but will need it completed in order to receive credit and the reward on Chapter 10 in December.**

Keep an eye on the forums and DAoC Events page on Facebook for more raids!

Chapter 7 is scheduled to launch September 19th! Our Campaign Calendar and Overview can be viewed here on the Herald, and a current quest list can be viewed and followed here.
Events

5v5 Winners and Round Up

This year's 5v5 tournament brought so many good fights and fun for everyone involved, including those just watching on our live stream! Pendragon saw 13 teams battle it out to be crowned 2017's 5v5 winner! A great day, with spot on and yet hilarious commentary by Knights Joel and Dansickle, along with Gaven!

First place went to team Help, who each won a Look-a-Like NPC, a 3 month DAoC game timecode, and a 975 Mithril code pack:

• Yama (Minstrel & Team Captain)
  • Tormidge (Healer)
  • Farmacistx (Berserker)
  • Lugana (Sorceror)
  • Pataru (Necromancer)
Full details of our 2nd and 3rd place winners, along with our commentary team's spot prizes, can be found in our Herald round up post here.
Screenshots

A selection of ingame shots from around the frontiers.

Discord Community

Join hundreds of DAoC players to chat about all things DAoC, at any hour of the day, available on desktop, browser, and phone!

Register on Discord here, then click this link to join the main DAoC channel! Come chat, we don't bite :)

There is also a dedicated player ran Battlegrounds Discord server which you can join through clicking here!
Tips n Tricks

Buying Items in Large Quantities

You can use the command "/mbuy" to buy large quantities of materials when crafting. The macro is:

/macro [#] /mbuy [#]

i.e. to buy 100 units of any material (silksteel cloth squares), make the macro:

/macro 100 /mbuy 100

Place the macro on your tool bar, click the item icon on the merchant and then click on your [100] macro. You will instantly buy 100 units of the item. This is faster than clicking the icon 20 times to set quantities to 20. You can make multiple macros for different amounts, for example: 20, 40, 50, 80 and 100 units (100 is the limit, though).
Accolades and Remembrance

If you would like to give congrats, well wishes, or remembrance to anyone please contact our Community Lead, Carol (Beibhinn), on the Postcount forums.
Community Spotlight

One of the best things about DAoC is our amazing community, the best MMO community in our opinion! This section of our newsletter aims to highlight guilds and individuals in our community, and give a little insight into the heart of the DAoC! This month we spotlight the Midgard Battlegroup leader: Smeger.

Tell us a bit about yourself. What do you do in real life, what time zone do you mostly play?

So my rl name is Alex. I live and work in the UK. Well, I say work, I'm a TA in a primary school and currently enjoying the end of my 6 weeks off for summer WOOT.

As a Euro residing person - how did you find yourself playing mostly during the North American time zone?

When I came back to DAoC all those years ago (getting close to 5 I think) I found the RDM alliance BG ran from midnight my time and started joining, like every night. Atmosphere was great and I was consistent and lucky enough to find myself being invited to Xyorman's grp. The alliance and people I've met through this game have kept me playing and coming back for more every day, even if only for a couple of hours during the week.

Any special gaming rig or set up?

Nothing special with my rig. Few upgrades from the basic pc I bought, but nothing special.

Do you tell other people about DAoC and the fact that you play this as your hobby? What do they think?

A few of my friends know I play DAoC, one of whom came back for a short period of time. My kids love watching me play and especially when Zdemon is MA for the BG, or running during the day.

Is this the only game you play?

Not playing anything else atm, don't have the time lol.

How did you hear about DAoC?

I started playing back when DAoC first came out, my friend who came back for a short time got me to join him. Leaving when ToA came out due to family and time constraints. I then found the original game box in my stuff and wondered if the game was still going, low and behold it was and here we are.

How many years have you been playing, and do you play every day? How many hours during a typical day do you play?

Well I’d have to say play time has changed widely over time, used to play all the time I wasn't working or sleeping, but has become less recently. I still enjoy leading on Tuesday and Friday EU time, and Saturday US time. Would think I prolly spend 3-4 hours most days in game, think Smeger is getting close to 280 days /played.

Do you only play Midgard, or do you play other realms as well?

Really only play Mid atm, do have a few Hib toons and 2 of them are templated, but Mid is home.

What made you settle on Midgard?

When we started looking at the game, one RL friend wanted to play Hib, another wanted to be a dwarf, guess which won, Yes Woody it’s all your fault....

What made you decide on your particular playstyle?

Zerg warfare can be fantastic fun and exciting, when all 3 realms are out fighting there is nothing like it. I sometimes small man with guild and alliance, even dabbling in 8man stuff more recently.

As one of several leaders on Midgard, how do you decide who will lead if there is more than one leader logged in at the same time?

We all know who leads when and where, B's are pretty set times and this makes it easy for us, Xyorman leads US prime every day except Saturday. Annamariede leads Monday/Wednesday/Thursday EU time, and I do Tuesday/Friday EU time, most of the time.

You are mainly known for your warlock toon - why did you choose that class and is it a good class to lead a large BG?

I spent a lot of time playing my lock, prior to that I played a warrior and wanted something to get in people’s faces with. Lock seemed an obvious choice and omg nothing better than bolt, lifetap chamber, bolt, lifetap spell and then ui lifetap till they dead lol. Even after the change I loved playing my Bomb lock, action was crazy and just got sooo many kills with my lock. Is it good to be in front of a zerg on a cloth wearing caster?? Only if ya healer is fast on the rez lol, Sure I helped some lvl with all those deaths (16.5k so far).

If you had a do-over for the ideal class to lead a BG on Midgard (as the classes are today) what class would you choose, and why?

I think Xyorman has got it right, having a pac heals lead a BG can make a huge difference to the outcome of a battle, mind u I'm a terrible healer (even though it's 11l5) so would defo need 2 proper healers in my grp to compensate for the fact I forget to heal.
True enemies would be mezzed, but my grp would be dead rofl.

Do you have a set group you play with? What is the class composition of that group?

In my guild we usually have 2 grps, when they are around. Mainly casters in grp, rm's/locks/sm with the heals and maybe a thane. But also love having a tank grp and I'm pretty easy with what toon people play, god knows after getting 13 on my lock I feel the need to play something else.

Tell us a bit about your guild and alliance.

My guild is great, and one of the reasons I'm still playing. A few of us from different guilds found we played together a lot and got on well so decided to make a guild. Heimdalls Hammered(<.....points to Ben) Heroes is the baby of that joining. It is filled with people I enjoy spending my time with, we have a great laugh in vent and get on well together. We have some great GM's (Deem, Tyreals, Stormwell and ofc me) amazing officers (Jezi, Korkhe, Lime, Little to name a few) and great guildies who join us in our daily war with Alb and Hib.

We are part of the RDM alliance, the greatest mid alliance (fact). The alliance is fun, focused and always up for RvR.

You stream quite regularly on your own Twitch channel and also show us the action from an "eye in the sky" view on the official Twitch channel, what does this do for your enjoyment of DAoC?

I love streaming DAoC, always on a delay which makes communication interesting with viewers. I enjoy re-watching fights and seeing what can be done better or in a different way.
My ability to stream and view from the 'Eye in the Sky' has enhanced my enjoyment and understanding of interactions between zerg's, 8mans, smalls and solo's. Watching other people's play can be exciting, frustrating, full of highs and lows and helps my personal gameplay. Knowing who to follow and watching the ebb and flow of action is thrilling. Being able to fly around all the realms is great. I have even floated around some of the ToA and classic zones, just to look about. Have been trying to decide what to stream on that side, never did ToA, and some of those areas and mobs are amazing, not sure they can beat the memories of fighting at Gna or West Skona and dying to Wee Wolves near Atla.

Thanks to Smeger for taking the time to answer our questions!

From the desk of our German Community Admin, Lea!

A Dragon’s Curse - Der Fluch des Drachen-Kampagne - Kapitel 6

Vor Kurzem erschien Kapitel 6 der Kampagne und hat eine ganz besondere Herausforderung mit sich gebracht! Solo-Instanzen führen euch zurück in altbekannte Gebiete, in denen ihr euch mächtigen Gegnern und kniffligen Puzzles stellen müsst. Hilfreich zur Seite stehen euch dabei beschwörbare Begleiter. Kapitel 6 wird übrigens nicht benötigt, um mit Kapitel 7 fortzufahren, sodass Kampfgruppen ihre Raids nicht unterbrechen müssen. Beachtet aber, dass ihr dieses Kapitel abgeschlossen haben müsst, um Ende des Jahres Kapitel 10 beenden zu können.

Übrigens: Auf unserem offiziellen Discord-Server gibt es laufend Ankündigungen zu Kampagnen-Raids in allen Realms! Wenn ihr also Anschluss an einen Raid sucht, zögert nicht euch dem Discord-Server anzuschließen, um keine Ankündigung zu verpassen!

Auf der Übersichtsseite zur Kampagne findet ihr alle Informationen zu den bisher erschienenen Kapiteln.

5v5 - Turnier 2017

Das 5v5-Turnier am 26.08.2017 war ein voller Erfolg und ich freue mich besonders, dass unter den Gewinnern des ersten Platzes einige deutschsprachige Spieler vertreten waren! Die spannenden Kämpfe gingen bis in die Morgenstunden, und viele haben auf Twitch mitgefiebert, über die Kämpfe gefachsimpelt und bei den Giveaways mitgemacht. Es war ein toller Abend und ich möchte mich bei allen herzlich bedanken, die am Turnier teilgenommen haben und aktiv oder passiv auf Twitch dabei waren. Auf viele spannende kommende Turniere!

Freitags-Grab Bag

Die Freitags-Grab Bag ist seit ein paar Wochen zurück und beantwortet im Zwei-Wochen-Rhythmus Fragen aus der Community zu Spielmechaniken, Klassenfunktionen und dem Spiel im Allgemeinen. Die Ausgabe vom 11.08.2017 ging auf Fragen ein zu den geplanten Änderungen im Housing, einer Auswahlmöglichkeit der Größe von Schilden, Wassermagie, einer möglichen Aktualisierung des Relikt-Systems sowie unterschiedlichen Proc-Chancen.

Die aktuellste Ausgabe vom 25.08.2017 hingegen war eine ganz spezielle Grab Bag, in der sich alles um Broadsword selbst dreht! Sie enthält viele Fotos aus unserem Studio und gewährt einen Blick hinter die Kulissen.

Guide zu Columba aus der „The Hidden Lair“-Instanz

Vor Kurzem erschien die brandneue Instanz The Hidden Lair, die sich an Spieler der Stufen 35-39 richtet. Es gilt, den Boss Columba und seine Schergen, Hundemeister Rolf und Thea, die Heilerin, zu besiegen. Wer noch nicht die richtige Taktik gefunden hat, sollte sich diesen Guide ansehen!

Die Instanz kann pro Charakter einmal am Tag erledigt werden, und sie belohnt euch neben Aurulit mit einer Chance auf die insbesondere in Molvik sehr beliebten Pikten-Waffen.

Wenn ihr News habt, von denen ihr denkt, dass sie in den Newsletter gehören, lasst es unsere deutsche Community Administratorin [Shileah] über die Postcount.net-Foren wissen!

Albion
The Dream Stone is upon us. Its power is said to be unmatched of the five. IF we can use its power for good, for what is right, then the Tenebrous will fall and our next step will be to reclaim Darkspire and liberate the Undead.
--Commander Selan
Midgard
I am now King of the Drakulv, thanks to your help. There is something I wish to show you, it is a sanctuary of the Drakulv . Only the Drakulv are allowed to enter, and only the most esteemed. For you, I will make it the first exception. Meet me within Drakulvhamn, there is still work to be done.
--Garmr, King of the Drakulv
Hibernia
The new alliance between Hibernia and the Abagath Dark Elves is a breath of fresh air for us in the Veil, and quite literally! The Rift has been taken, we have won it from the Marrach. Next, we venture further into the rift. A new waypoint has been opened, and inside is what we have been looking for. Come to me, and I will show you the way.
--Prince Reynarch, Leader of the Abagath
A Look Ahead

16th Anniversary

October is Dark Age of Camelot's 16th anniversary! Events and celebrations are being planned as we speak, so keep your eyes on the Herald and next month's newsletter for all the going's on!

Patch 1.124

Patch 1.124 is also in the works bringing more Mithril (MTX) updates and RvR and Battleground changes!