• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dang Robots!

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
There's still like 55 robots on this forum logged in right now! Dang robots reading our forum, playing our game, taking our jobs! When's it gonna stop? Has no one seen the Terminator movies???? Stop the robots, the end is near! I've complained about robots before and no one cares! Thank God I have my tinfoil hat.... buying electromagnetic pulse grenades, any shard.

Last edited:

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There's still like 55 robots on this forum logged in right now! Dang robots reading our forum, playing our game, taking our jobs! When's it gonna stop? Has no one seen the Terminator movies???? Stop the robots, the end is near! I've complained about robots before and no one cares! Thank God I have my tinfoil hat.... buying electromagnetic pulse grenades, any shard.
You think the forum robots are bad... how about a robot that can give a live interview, looks like a real person, and is an actual citizen of a country.

A robot that once said it would 'destroy humans' just became the first robot citizen

Science fiction has officially become real life.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I did some thread clean up here. The thread has also been moved to Off-Topic.

Folks, in the future if anyone believes an infraction of the Rules of Conduct has occurred or believe a certain post is out of place, please either hit the report button, message a staff member, or politely tag us and let us know. However, please don't troll one another and debate this when it occurs.

Sir Osis of Liver

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
There has been a bit of mention of the short story "Do androids dream of electric sheep" By P.K. ****... Back in the day probably 98-99 i had a pk named PK ****. The GMs didnt care about how i came about the name no matter how much i wailed... They just axed the account... ahh the old days...
LOL i cant even post the writers name on this page w/o it being censored. I wont try to override it. It was the name of that short story and massively influential sci fi writer.

Sir Osis of Liver

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Now the survivalist nuts have to start packing robot deterrents.
For a drone that would be "bird shot" kinda like skeet shooting if u ask me. I'd go "improved choke" cuz i think i can hit this side of a barn myself.
Choke (firearms) - Wikipedia
If you dont want to damage the drone too much you would use barn shot. It's good for killing the pigeon infestation in ur barn w/o punching a hole in the roof.
But lets be honest... Radio frequency jammers are the way to go. Too bad they are directional and a programmed drone would just ignore it. So im going the mixed bag approach. Either way u cut it humans are gonna end up in bunkers if this continues.
Warfare is going to end up being whoever can fight a "video game" type war wins...
Scary stuff.. So much for bravery.
BTW im not a survivalist.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Be very careful... you never know what they may be up to... o.0
Inside the First Church of Artificial Intelligence | Backchannel