• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Stealing] Daily and Stealable rares info

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Daily and Stealable Rares

Approximate Spawn Times
Rarity 1 – 90mins
Rarity 2 – 3hrs
Rarity 3 – 6hrs
Rarity 4 – 12hrs
Rarity 5 – 24hrs
Rarity 6 – 48hrs
Rarity 7 – 96hrs (4 days)
Rarity 8 – 192hrs (8 days)
Rarity 9 – 384hrs (16 days)
Rarity 10 – 768hrs (32 days)
Rarity 11 – 1536hrs (64 days)
Rarity 12 – 3072hrs (128 days)
Doom Stealables:

Starting from the skull candle (have a quick check to see if the skinned goat/deer are present!), proceed in an easterly direction; when you come to the passage to the north, past the restless souls, turn north to check the room at the end for the Claw. Then come back down again to the junction, turn east, see if the leather tunic’s there. Carry on eastwards, and when you see the egg cases/cocoons, check whether the spawning ones are with them. Just past them, turn north and follow the wall round, for the stretched hide, the saddle near the northwest corner, the studded legs on the north wall, the brazier near the northeast corner, then the studded tunic (south), and finally the studded tunic (east).
Samurai Empire Stealables:

Trammel and Felucca Stealables

Closed Barrel Deceit level 1 & 2

Tall Candle

meat pie

Seaweed

Quirks to getting items

Server up items: No stealing is required to get these items, just pick them up at server up, before anyone else gets there.
The Deceit barrels spawn on top of static barrels, if it doesn't light up yellow, you're too late.
The Full Jars spawn behind a stone oven, use object handles (ctrl shift) to reach them.
Empty baskets. These baskets spawn in several places, Buccs Den, Magincia, and Nujelm. They spawn full, eat the fruit in them to be able to pick them up.
Plate of Food (not previously listed) Spawn in the 4 huts South of Brit. Eat once to be able to pick them up. Eat twice to turn them into dirty plates. DON'T eat 3 times.

Items from barrels
Skara ranger huts and Buccs Den smith begin with all barrels empty. To get the whip in Skara and smith rares in Buccs you need to 'prime' the barrels by opening them all. Return in approx 20 minutes to check for the fresh spawn.

Last edited:
L

lordabyss

The locations of Zyronic claws and Titan's hammer in this map seem to be different compared to other doom stealable map.
Have the spawn location of these two items changed?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, they were moved. I'm afraid I don't remember the details, only that I had to find out where the spawn had been moved to and edit the map I'd copied for my own use. The image on my pc is dated 4th December 2007. I saved the information on my pc against the times that I couldn't reach Stratics, and now I am in a position to be able to return it from whence it came.

Quenchant

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just to confirm. Petra's locations for the Zyronic Claw and Titan's Hammer stealables are accurate. I too don't remember why they were moved. I know that I have gotten a couple Titans and one Claw from those locations.

Q

S

Sorcha of Sonoma

So I tripped on down to Felucca's Moonglow to Herbal Splendor to see what I could get. Surprise! After unlocking crates and wading through traps, every single one of them was EMPTY. Same with every crate and chest in Buc's Den. What gives? (This was on Chessie)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, that's normal. Now you've 'primed' them go back in about 20 minutes and look again.

Same thing applies to the whips at Skara huts. I was told they no longer spawned, but I get them regularly.

D

Dryke GL

When I try to steal any of these items, I just get the message that I can't steal that item...I suspect there are specific items that are stealable (ingots, wire, etc)...however, I went to the exact location for the closed barrels in deceit and nothing at all happened when I tried to steal them.

Any tips? What's this newb doing wrong?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The "closed barrel" and other daily rares don't actually require stealing. You just try to pick it up. In the case of the barrel, when it spawns, it does so "covering" a static version of the same item that cannot be taken. So, the first person there grabs it, and until the respawn, a closed barrel remains there that is just static dungeon deco.

As for the other items, like the ones from blacksmith shops, etc. - you have to steal the ones from the crates, chests and boxes. The ones on the ground are permanent deco, unstealable. So, you have to pick the containers (some can be unlocked with the unlock spell - others require high lockpicking), remove or trigger the traps (up to 3 traps on each), and then finally open the container to see what's inside to steal. Then, you get to work, stealing. Sometimes these containers will be empty, but will respawn new contents if you open them, then wait 20-30 minutes for their contents to respawn.

G

Ghost71

Uh how do you eat off the plates? Oh nm, their server up items. pfft i'm never up THAT early! :(

Ceno of MT

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A long time ago I swear I remember there use to be a spawn for a full book case....am I wrong?

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A long time ago I swear I remember there use to be a spawn for a full book case....am I wrong?
It's Ivan's fault your wrong. :D

I think, but don't quote me, that the full book cases you might be remembering are the server birth one. I could well be wrong tho.:eek:

Ceno of MT

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's Ivan's fault your wrong. :D

I think, but don't quote me, that the full <a onMouseOver="javascript:window.status='book cases';return true;" onMouseOut="javascript:window.status='';return true;" href="http://azulemule.info/?v=4%2E02&ss=book+cases">book cases</a> you might be remembering are the server birth one. I could well be wrong tho.:eek:
lol no its not Ivans fault that im wrong...its Ivan's fault that im crazy to think it! =)

I dont know tho, i just remember waking up early as heck to get a full bookcase and owning a few but its been ages ago and dont remember lol

Bazer

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wish blood tiles and open books still spawned :sad4::sad4:

G

Gilanthus

Lovely information to come across again after being away for a large amount of time. Question though. Is there a way to find/obtain the map images in a higher resolution? Everything depicted looks a bit fuzzy to me. Must be getting into my old age finally.

K

Kurgan

Info you have is correct.
But there are 10 more barrels that spawn each day.
They are located in Vesper on the docks.
Also the plate of food spawns ion Fel only.
And it is stackable.
Found this out by accident.
And they do unstack and keep the name just fine.

D

dielock

How do you get into the Blade of Righteous room in Doom without having to use a skull and dieing?

I tried to mark a rune in there but it will not let me.

Thank you

L

Lord Drakelord

How do you get into the Blade of Righteous room in Doom without having to use a skull and dieing?

I tried to mark a rune in there but it will not let me.

Thank you
hitch hike in with a group and stay for a while. Sadly you cannot mark runes inside the gauntlet, the only way is to pay the fare [one gold skull] and cross over in the boat.

L

Lord Drakelord

boxes, chests, barrels are not reseting in fel shops, daily checks shows them to be empty.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you 'priming' them? open them once, then come back in about 20 minutes, they should then have items in them.

L

Lord Drakelord

Are you 'priming' them? open them once, then come back in about 20 minutes, they should then have items in them.
three days now, nothings is respawning inside these empty boxes, chests barrels

L

Lord Drakelord

Still not seeing any thing in the Fel shops. Been checking the baker, carpenter shops for rolling pin and wood chisels for a very long time and they are not spawning as before.

G

Gowron

When was the last time you got one? I'll have to check, I got chisels and rolling pins a little over a year ago, but I haven't gone back to check since then.

I'm a little dismayed at not being able to get the arrow shafts and tinker tool kits anymore.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm a little dismayed at not being able to get the arrow shafts and tinker tool kits anymore.
I pulled shafts and tools out of tram chests just last month. I think I might even still have them in my bank box.

T

Tazar

For a long time, they were not stealable because of the spawning - unstealable key-rings. Those have been removed so the tinker-type daily rares are spawning again.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
somehow, key rings have gotten BACK into the chests on Lake Austin.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can not find the 10 more barrels on Vesper dock. I logged out there at server down on Siege, so I don't think I missed them, lots of barrels there, but no closed ones I could take.

1needy1

I am so new to this stealing and I went to doom but i really do not have a clue so if anyone wants to take a noob on a tour of doom and tokono steals would be really really appreciated
This would be on Great Lakes

1needy1

This is an amazing informative site and ty for all th einfo, I went to4 huts fel side but just saw 4 empty tables ,does the food still spawn:thumbsup:

T

Tazar

The food still spawns, but it only spawns once per day with server up... first come... first (only) served...

C

Conleth

Quick reminder: hay and a broken chair (lying down type, not standing) are both still daily spawns. Hay is at the Gypsy Camp in t2a and the chair is at about the end of the Ki-rin passage in Ilshenar. These are quite a bit harder to get as they cannot be recalled or gated to, have to hoof it.

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here are the final, fully verified maps of the locations of the new SA stealables in both the Underworld and Abyss, as well as images of each!

Special thanks to TheGrimReefer, Uvtha and Smokey of LS for sharing their knowledge of specific locations, and to Kri for supplying almost all the images of the stealables! Also everyone who helped to verify the locations on my maps. Plus another thanks to Uvtha for letting me take screenshots of the Gargish Portrait :)

The Underworld

The Abyss

Kri

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kri's images of the new stealables

Kri's Images of the Abyss & Underworld Stealables

Merged by Q

Just for those that want a little better look.

----------------------------

Missing Items from Below:

Equipables:

Attachments

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does the bucket still spawn in the Hedge Maze? I can see them there, but can never grab one and its been ages since I've heard of anyone getting one.

Kri

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does the bucket still spawn in the Hedge Maze? I can see them there, but can never grab one and its been ages since I've heard of anyone getting one.
No, they stopped spawning a VERY long time ago.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aww.. That stinks! Thanks for the response, though. :thumbsup:

Quenchant

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nix's Room - The Dark Father side of Doom. It's not marked on the map, but it is the same place the reversed backpack, tarot cards, ruined painting spawns.

It's not my image so I can't edit it. Just get off the boat and once you enter the hallway, turn east thru the secret passage. You'll see Nix the Variety Dealer there.

Q

Kri

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As long as you're updating, you should add the location of the cannon ball (in the entry of the new dungeon) as well. :)

irux

Rares Fest Host | GL Jan 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i saw a screen shot of arty lvl 12 vine cords can any one confirm / deny the existence of the new said vine cord ?

N

Nastia Cross

If anyone on Chesapeake is stealing these, I'm interested in buying. PM ME!

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I Have Seen A LVL 10 Sword On ATL On A Vendor. Not Sure If Its A Stealable Or Just A Marked Arty

christaoconner

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi! I played this game back in 98 and 99 when it first came out, then left for about 10 years. This is my second day back, so to find this thread was awesome! I got the fruit basket this morning, but I just tried all the crates at the smithy shop in Serpents hold and NOTHING of interest was in the crates. Just some ore and such. Did I do something wrong, or is it not guarenteed to spawn there? I can't remember. Also, the dried flowers/herbs- I went there yesterday in Moonglow and couldn't find any crates at all to open... just a lock box, and when I unlocked that and went through all the traps, it was for some garbage not even worth wasting my healing potions on!! Any help would be great, I can't seem to remember anything anymore!