• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Cyclone "as intended?"

Learn Me

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I'm aware of the immunity to sleep and paralyze after being hit with a paralyzing blow.

The cyclone specials are moving throw and infused throw (basically a no-dachi riding swipe). Infused throw being a para shot if the thrower is mounted, but a dismount if the thrower is on foot. With a no-dachi you can dismount someone on the run without the para proc'ing and they can be paralyzed after going on foot. If you do the same with a cyclone (dismounting without hitting a para shot) they receive the paralyze immunity. Is this working as intended? It seems to be the only dismount weapon that proc's paralyze immunity.

@Kyronix equality for gargs!

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Gargs could use some love right now they only thing they are good for is shatter potions and dismounting. Cant wear half of the armor out there and the two weapons they have got nerfed when they fixed archery,

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Gargs could use some love right now they only thing they are good for is shatter potions and dismounting. Cant wear half of the armor out there and the two weapons they have got nerfed when they fixed archery,
what makes shatter potions good for gargoyles? -I haven't pvped with a gargoyle character in forever...

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm aware of the immunity to sleep and paralyze after being hit with a paralyzing blow.

The cyclone specials are moving throw and infused throw (basically a no-dachi riding swipe). Infused throw being a para shot if the thrower is mounted, but a dismount if the thrower is on foot. With a no-dachi you can dismount someone on the run without the para proc'ing and they can be paralyzed after going on foot. If you do the same with a cyclone (dismounting without hitting a para shot) they receive the paralyze immunity. Is this working as intended? It seems to be the only dismount weapon that proc's paralyze immunity.

Yes extremely annoying and I can't imagine that was intended.

Bleak

UO Software Engineer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Yes, this is working as intended to prevent dismount/paralyze combo with the Cyclone.

Learn Me

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Ok, so paralyze dismount is allowed, dismount paralyze not allowed.

Now that we have our answer about it working properly, next question is...why? I can't see any reason that would be the case.

Learn Me

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
might be because the one weapon is a melee weapon while the other one is ranged...
Because with dexxers being able to instantly switch weapons an archer can't dismount and then para..right? Maybe because a no-dachi can't like, proc a splinter so you can run up and nerve strike...right?

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Because with dexxers being able to instantly switch weapons an archer can't dismount and then para..right? Maybe because a no-dachi can't like, proc a splinter so you can run up and nerve strike...right?
hard to tell sometimes when reading but you seem pissed off. I don't make these rules. I actually was merely trying to point out that it may be because a ranged weapon is at a great advantage over a melee weapon by the simple fact that it is ranged thus not requiring the wielder to be directly next to his opponent.

Learn Me

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
hard to tell sometimes when reading but you seem pissed off. I don't make these rules. I actually was merely trying to point out that it may be because a ranged weapon is at a great advantage over a melee weapon by the simple fact that it is ranged thus not requiring the wielder to be directly next to his opponent.
Nah, didn't mean to come across that way. I guess the last couple topics I've taken part in has got me in auto sarcasm mode :eyes: