• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

General Customizing warning..,

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings from Siege Perilous.

A couple days ago I lost my Garden Shed vet reward and all items in it disappeared, when I put house into customization mode. It simply vanished and not in house crate.

Then this morning the Boiling Cauldron vet reward that doubles as container. Dropped all items in it, to the floor, when I entered customizing mode. When I was done, cauldron popped back up. But items stayed on the floor beneath it unsecured.
Sorry I had to edit this. The Boiling Cauldron is not a vet reward. It is a Heritage token item.

I have paged GMs. On Garden Shed they are investigating. And no response yet on Boiling Cauldron.

So I don't know if my house is jinxed or if it's an all over the shard thing. But keep an eye on your vet reward containers, if you customize.

Thanks and have a great day!

Baby Doll (TB)

Last edited:

Misk

UO QA Lead
VIP
Stratics Veteran
A couple days ago I lost my Garden Shed vet reward and all items in it disappeared, when I put house into customization mode. It simply vanished and not in house crate.

Then this morning the Boiling Cauldron vet reward that doubles as container. Dropped all items in it, to the floor, when I entered customizing mode. When I was done, cauldron popped back up. But items stayed on the floor beneath it unsecured.
Thus far I have been unable to reproduce these issues. Can you please provide some additional information about these occurrences?

1) The garden shed was placed facing what direction?
2) The garden shed was placed on what floor and general position in the house, e.g. near the northern edge of the foundation, along the western foundation or in the middle of the house?
3) An estimate of how much was contained in both garden shed containers, e.g. 110 items weighing about 6000 stones in the first and 5 items weighing about 10 stones in the second or both containers were empty?
4) An estimate of how much was contained in the boiling cauldron?

I am continuing my attempts to reproduce this issue, however this information might help my investigation.

Thanks.

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay I sent you a PM with my icq number. I can not recreate Garden Shed loss, because it will be costly and hard to replace on Siege. But I can recreate Cauldron if you wish me too. In my PM to you I explain events in detail. Thank you for looking into this.

Misk

UO QA Lead
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Okay I sent you a PM with my icq number. I can not recreate Garden Shed loss, because it will be costly and hard to replace on Siege. But I can recreate Cauldron if you wish me too. In my PM to you I explain events in detail. Thank you for looking into this.
This occurred due to the height of the multi-tile add-on being adjusted. As soon as you start raising and lowering multi-tile objects you are essentially breaking the multi “seal” and the warranty is voided on the item. This is a known issue that has been in game for as long as I can recall. Mesanna will be posting about this on UO.com in the near future.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This occurred due to the height of the multi-tile add-on being adjusted. As soon as you start raising and lowering multi-tile objects you are essentially breaking the multi “seal” and the warranty is voided on the item. This is a known issue that has been in game for as long as I can recall. Mesanna will be posting about this on UO.com in the near future.
I do alot of raising and lowering multi-tile objects, but I have been able to fix the seal by lowering the pieces all the way down til I can't lower them anymore. Before I axe the item I try to raise it the item is fixed if you can't raise any of the pieces. Just have to keep trying to lower pieces til they reconnect so you can axe it.

Misk

UO QA Lead
VIP
Stratics Veteran
I do alot of raising and lowering multi-tile objects, but I have been able to fix the seal by lowering the pieces all the way down til I can't lower them anymore. Before I axe the item I try to raise it the item is fixed if you can't raise any of the pieces. Just have to keep trying to lower pieces til they reconnect so you can axe it.
Due to this multi being 12 tiles and the fact that some of these tile are hidden behind other tiles I would assume that not all tiles were returned to their original location.