• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Customizabled Castles

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are all Castles customizabled? There is some bug or something i have to know to don't lose my items? In my caste there are over 7.000 items. Is it possible to customize it with all my items without that my items were lost? What about the aquarium?
Thanks

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Are all Castles customizabled? There is some bug or something i have to know to don't lose my items? In my caste there are over 7.000 items. Is it possible to customize it with all my items without that my items were lost? What about the aquarium?
Thanks
you can customize your castle without emptying it, you just have to get all items off the first floor. no deeded items either

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you can customize your castle without emptying it, you just have to get all items off the first floor. no deeded items either
I have a lot of furnitures and items on all the floors of the castle. You mean that i must have all items on the first floor and the other floors must have no items? Sorry but i understand english very bad and the translator is very bad too :(
Can you write me a link where i can look how to customize a castles please?

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
No goza mats
No crafted walls or pavers (can be inside a container, but not double clicked in place)
No carpets (double clicked on floor)
No mannequins placed
No steward placed
No grass, sand, or snow tiles locked down

No deeded items (if it comes in deed form, it must be in a container)
which means the fish must be put into fish bowls and the aquarium taken down
fish die after 5 mins if its in yourbackpack

some say to move all stuff from bottom floor and move to the second floor.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Before you do anything, check house sign
Information
It must say "This house is properly placed."

If you have a tree in the open area, then you can't convert

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have a lot of furnitures and items on all the floors of the castle. You mean that i must have all items on the first floor and the other floors must have no items? Sorry but i understand english very bad and the translator is very bad too :(
No, he is saying that the first floor must be empty.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Tjalle is correct, that is what i was saying. you need to remove everything from the bottom floor since it puts a new foundation type

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The castle is about 10 years old, the owner is the same that bought the castle and the house is properly placed. But it sayed that it is a pre-buid house. If i look at the sign I can click only on "securely replace this house". Other 3 options are grey. They are
1)Convert into customizable house
2)Customize this house
3) Relocated moving crate.
They are grey and i can't use "convert into customizable house".
Only Securely Replace this house.
What I have to do? :(

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I think that's what you have to click, Securely Replace this House, then you choose another from the list. Make sure you know which one you want to choose as it doesn't show you a picture or anything.

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think that's what you have to click, Securely Replace this House, then you choose another from the list. Make sure you know which one you want to choose as it doesn't show you a picture or anything.
Ok, i'll try. Thanks :)

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Remember to remove everything from the bottom floor, it should be safe on the floor above! ;)

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Remember to remove everything from the bottom floor, it should be safe on the floor above! ;)
I know when they first started the castle conversions, that this was an issue.
Has someone had an issue with that, since that publish?
I have customized castles and keeps about 6 times without taking stuff off the bottom floor, without loosing anything.

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How about when the house sign only show the option" Securely replace this house" with an arrow to push , and Convert into costumizable house and all the others are greyed out? Thats how my sign looks as well and it scares me. My castle is properly placed 2000 07 18.. The spot precisely fits a castle and all the other competitions this year held a castle on that spot exept last time ,the new foundation didnt fit. Do I dare to touch it ? I really really want to convert!

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
How about when the house sign only show the option" Securely replace this house" with an arrow to push , and Convert into costumizable house and all the others are greyed out? Thats how my sign looks as well and it scares me. My castle is properly placed 2000 07 18.. The spot precisely fits a castle and all the other competitions this year held a castle on that spot exept last time ,the new foundation didnt fit. Do I dare to touch it ? I really really want to convert!
the option you click on:
Securely Replace this house

when you click on that, you get this warning.
Warning.jpg
not all this info is accurate.
(the castle I was doing this from, has deeded items, so I can't convert)

you hit ok

everything then will be placed into the moving crate and will be converted.

=========================================

if you get another dialog box, saying no deeded items:

No goza mats
No crafted walls or pavers (can be inside a container, but not double clicked in place)
No carpets (double clicked on floor)
No mannequins placed
No steward
No grass, sand, or snow tiles locked down

No deeded items (if it comes in deed form, it must be in a container)

==============================================

after all those items are put inside another container & if it still doesn't convert...
use circle of transparency, might be goza mats hidden
I helped a friend find some, when she went to convert

I have had no problem with containers on the first floor.
Don't be afraid to convert.
Just do it for a design that you really like, cause its a pain to take down all deeded items.

And the house age won't change, if you convert

Delores D

Journeyman
It took me a bout 6 tries to get mine to change. I did the transparency thing and my hubby saw a paver that was in a corner hidden from where stairs were made.

If you do remove things from bottom floor put each room in a crate or box from that room. Then the other rooms I would have taken down things and put them in boxes for that room. If you have sheds redeed those with the things in them. When you set up the new castle put them up first other wise you will run out of room really fast even though they were there before.
Good luck. Which castle are you going to get?

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the answers, very helpful. I moved out most items this summer as I had so much masonry walls and floors to remove and thought it would be easy to find a castle to convert to .. it seems I wasnt as mainstream as I thought so it didnt happen yet. But im desperate to get some order in this place and not have to spend hours searching for everything in chests in three buildings. I have three castles in the competition so hopefully one of them..41..but there are some other building I like as well so I hope one of thoose makes it if not. I love decorating and want a classic castle stone building that displays deco and not kills it . Also space for crafting areas and plant beds etc.. And a big flat roof for a garden! I think the buildings in the competition get better and better each time so im hopeful to find something.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Maybe Ivory Norwind will come back and tell us how things went. I confess I would always clear my house anyway as I know from past experience anything that can go wrong likely will go wrong! :D

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I recently converted my Fel castle and had no issue with things on the bottom floor... worked fine.

Only thing I did was remove all the deeded stuff and add ons.

Siabra

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
its UO - paranoia is not a bad thing - been playing since 1997 .. much better to be safe than very very sorry ..

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was scared and I still have not converted the castle. Also on the first floor I have a lot of things and moving them to the second would be too long. For now I am waiting for other answers because I want to convert the castle without move all things to second floor if it is very safe :)

Siabra

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
since you have other castles - is it possible you can move items to your other castles a/and or put them in the Garden Sheds there?

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
@Ivory Norwind You can trust @MalagAste, if she says she converted with no trouble then it should be safe, just mind to collect the deeds as she suggested, they can always cause problems..

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Ivory Norwind You can trust @MalagAste, if she says she converted with no trouble then it should be safe, just mind to collect the deeds as she suggested, they can always cause problems..
Ok, next week i'll convert my castle :) Only a thing. It is very old (11 years old) and there is written "this is a pre-built house. is it a problem?

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I think pre-built just means it is a classic non-customizable design. So it was one of the original buildings, not a custom one, like we got with AoS.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Aye shouldn't be a problem and @Ivory Norwind you should be fine as long as you don't have any trees in your courtyard... Best of Luck!

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please, excuse me. I have many tranfser. And i have also 3 shields for another char of another accountthat is a co-owner. What happens to these shields?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Everything in your castle @Ivory Norwind when you customize/change the design... goes into the moving crate... And you should probably put those in a chest where you know where they are so that when it goes into the crate you'll know what account owns what.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Everything in your castle @Ivory Norwind when you customize/change the design... goes into the moving crate... And you should probably put those in a chest where you know where they are so that when it goes into the crate you'll know what account owns what.
I've never been the one to place or customize any Keep or Castle I have owned. I did not know everything goes into the crate. Did I miss anything below?

OK remove all deeded items. Mannequins etc.
Remove any pavers or crafted walls.
Organize your stuff so when it goes in the crate it will be in containers you recognize.
I'm going to take down and crate shard shields in a container with their tokens. I think I will remove anything that is on the wall or raised and box them up.

My first floor happens to have only Shard Shields so those will be taken and put in another house until complete.
Just waiting for the new design Robin made. Finally have a place for my stable items.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I personally packed up most my stuff and put it in chests so it would be much easier to redeco once it was done... I've so far done both a Keep and a castle and I never moved everything off the first floor in either one of them... and everything was just fine.

But yes it ALL goes into the moving crate so no worries about having stuffs out of reach and in weird places when you switch...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks all. I finally got mine converted! Took me a lot of searching but I finally found a snow tile that was somehow under the house. I relocated every container looking for a tile or whatever was causing it not to convert.

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Plz would someone make this sticky in the house design Forums - Thank you ! :)

I always search myself an ape how to make a keep/castle converted to the new designs ;)