• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

customising the pilot

S

Sir Guildies

could we get the ability to customize the pilots race appearance and equipment like you would a vendor? no offense to you lady's out there but my boat has some chick in a skirt I want a pirate.

Jove

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
none taken (except maybe I didn't know you had a chicken for a pilot...), I was wanting a female pilot myself.

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm all for full cusomization of the single NPC crewman. Currently, it changes everytime the boat is drydocked.

Please make it more like a vendor where we ge to choose name, race, gender, etc and dress them how we want.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I agree 100% I seriously would prefer it be like a vendor that I can custome..... name and dress.

I would like that to remain consistent too when I bring my boat out of dry dock. I don't want it changing every time and have to redo it.

Can you fix this?

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Could we please please please also have an option NOT to be called sir, regardless of the char gender? Whether it's in a drop down or an auto recognition thing, not fussy. But please, all my chars are female and getting a tad confused :p

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
'Sir' is the proper respectful title, regardless of gender, for a commanding officer.

Though changing it to and genderless 'Captain' would easily fix it.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
'Sir' is the proper respectful title, regardless of gender, for a commanding officer.

Though changing it to and genderless 'Captain' would easily fix it.

Sir is not genderless - it's male. Captain is fine, but unless it's solely going to be that, then Ma'am for females and Sir for males is more appropriate :)

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sir is not genderless - it's male. Captain is fine, but unless it's solely going to be that, then Ma'am for females and Sir for males is more appropriate :)
Captain seems the easiest fix, It's similar to the Elves in Heartwood yelling 'Hey you in the pointy hat!' when you're not wearing a hat. :D

L

Lord Urza

Having them as customizable as a vendor would be super rad!
Naming, dressing, race, gender, would be great for role players!

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

'Sir' is genderless in a military structure, including most pseudo-militaries.

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You're the Captain, while the pilot and anyone else on board is the crew and 'lesser' than you in rank by definition. Orders flow downward from you through a chain of command, albeit a very small one. That's pseudo-military.

All ships with crews follow the same basic structure, even private yachts, cruise ships, etc. 'Sir' is what you call someone higher in rank than you, regardless of their gender. Don't blame me, blame 7,000+ years of recorded patriarchy.

Before you liken your UO ship to a personal pleasure boat you'd take out with the family, remember they don't have cannons to hunt for pirates. :sword:

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have cannon to defend us from pirates - although capturing one was fun last night!

I wasn't blaming you. I just feel that sir has far too many male connotations and Captain, or even Ma'am, where appropriate, would be a nice thing to have :)