• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Customer vs Seller

D

DVDA

I hate this scenerio more than anything and I am wondering if it peeves anyone else but me...

Seller: Selling [Insert Random Item]!
Customer: How Much?
Seller: Offer?

or Alternatively...

Customer: Want to buy [Insert Random Item]
Seller: I Have [item]

Come on, in the real world the seller sets the price and the customer either accepts it or makes a lower offer. I cannot walk into Wallmart and ask the cashier if they have mops then when she says yes, she doesnt ask me how much I want to pay for it.

What I to every seller who responds with Offer? is I offer them 300 times lower than the item is worth, then they get mad and call me a noob. Well if you had a price in your head then why didnt you just say it?

/end rant

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
That's real.

W

wee papa smurf

They do it incase some silly bugger offers them 10x more than what its worth :)

D

DVDA

They do it incase some silly bugger offers them 10x more than what its worth :)
Yeah I realize that but even when you tell them "I dont make offers" they still wont give you their price.

Additionally, when you make a low ball offer they instantly get offended and reveal the price they wanted. If they were smart they would say "too low, offer again"

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually, there are some in certain rares and pvp circles who seem to hold the value of their gold much lower than the value of their "stuff". And if they have decided whatever the item in question is is a "must" you might be surprised how silly some of them are prepared to be in their offers.

Generally I just look for stuff on venders. Much less headache.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hate this scenerio more than anything and I am wondering if it peeves anyone else but me...

Seller: Selling [Insert Random Item]!

or Alternatively...

Customer: Want to buy [Insert Random Item]
Seller: I Have [item]

Come on, in the real world the seller sets the price and the customer either accepts it or makes a lower offer. I cannot walk into Wallmart and ask the cashier if they have mops then when she says yes, she doesnt ask me how much I want to pay for it.

What I to every seller who responds with Offer? is I offer them 300 times lower than the item is worth, then they get mad and call me a noob. Well if you had a price in your head then why didnt you just say it?

/end rant
I could not agree with you more. This pisses me off, and if I encounter people like this I won't buy from them.

The general rule of thumb is this. If you are spamming in chat that you're buying an item, or selling an item, you need to be the one to come to the table with the offer. If you're spamming, you start the negotiation.

Setanta

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sellers do that in 2 cases. Either they don't have a clue to the items value or they hope the buyer doesn't.