• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Custom Content Upload Cost Changes

• Thread starter imported_Qute Pi
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Qute Pi

The store that sells my custom content reordered stuff today and I found out that the price of many items has increased.

I know the catalog prices change but I wasn't aware the cc prices would change.

The reason this bothers me is because the upload cost on some of the items is more than I'd bother to pay for the item myself. A sand box went from 118 to 300 and it does nothing; just sits there. Another useless but need piece of a 3 piece set item went from 50 to 150. A sign went from 300 to 735! The signs were being sold for 400 to the public, which I thought was fair. It bothers me that I spend all this time making items to find out any profit I would have made is now going to upload costs.

Why should I bother making anything. That is real life time I'm spending to make things. And now for nothing. If I won't pay that much for a useless item why should anyone else? I could understand if it was worth it, but some of these items are not worth the upload cost.

They shouldn't change the upload cost of custom content from the first copy to the last. The first time is how I decide if its going to sell or not. If it's not I don't bother uploading it. Now I'm stuck with items that go with sets that make the rest of the set worthless. I don't make a huge profit off my items because I want people to afford them. How do buyers know it's not me charging the outrageous prices?

I'd like to know exactly how the cost of an upload is calculated.

Are they trying to control the custom content population? They offer us a new feature then find it necessary to control it?

I really have to figure out how to decide if creating an item and spending my rl time on it will be worth the upload cost. But with no clue on what that will be, I have to waste my time first to find out. I'm frustrated.

G

I have been afraid to put a suggested retail price on them just because of this. I figured the devs would decide to switch prices on us for uploading and reordering just like they keep changing prices on everything else. I've checked and you are right, they have more than doubled the price to reorder things.

I've had things disappear from my inventory, things that had been approved, only copy I had.... I re-uploaded days ago and still don't have another approval. It's getting to be very costly considering we are not reimbursed when things go poof.

It might be time for this custom content creator to say screw this, it's not worth the hastles and the lies to bother any more.

S

Sean Kendrick

Yea, it seems like everyone is struggling to get by, yet prices seem to increase everyday. This economy isn't working out very well if people can't even afford the most basic of things.

Welcome houses struggle to feed newbies and payouts are so low that many people give up on the whole thing.

It's sad that we have such a depression in-game.

J

jackdoe

your right , they have almost double the cost of CC !!

CC was the only thing keeping me paying my subscription, how can they justify this ??

G

<blockquote><hr>

Yea, it seems like everyone is struggling to get by, yet prices seem to increase everyday. This economy isn't working out very well if people can't even afford the most basic of things.

Welcome houses struggle to feed newbies and payouts are so low that many people give up on the whole thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Custom content is supposed to be a *luxury* so it makes sense to me that the prices for those objects would be higher than the prices for the 'regular, ordinary' objects just as the prices increase based on the motive levels, because of the luxury factor....it's a luxury not to have to spend double the time on a chair to green comfort, when a lower comfort object would still green comfort, just take longer. I'm surprised it hasn't been like this all along, so it might just be that they figured out that they screwed up and decided to fix it. Or, as you mentioned they might be trying to control the population of CC makers, because logically the more people make and upload their own cc, the less they will buy cc from others and the less customers they will have to buy from them, because they buy from somebody else. Again, I'm surprised it wasn't this way from jumpstreet.

It *is* a kick in the head to find out that an identical re-upload price has changed, but that happens in retail all the time...costs of 'raw material' to make the stuff goes up, so you in turn have to adjust your price to your customers, or eat the loss yourself. Having a vantage point from the business side of it makes it look more logical when you parallel it to running a RL business, if you have experience running a RL business, but I can see how looking at it from purely the consumer angle would make it frustrating.

ETA: Even people who don't have experience in retail can see what our RL economy is doing right now. Gasoline has skyrocketed in the last couple years......why? Because of the war and the fact that oil prices per barrel are up. More recently, bread and egg prices have gone up.....why? Because this was a bad year for farmers, so the price of wheat and corn (which chickens that lay eggs get fed corn chickenfeed) so that's why those have gone up.....same principle.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I have been afraid to put a suggested retail price on them just because of this. I figured the devs would decide to switch prices on us for uploading and reordering just like they keep changing prices on everything else. I've checked and you are right, they have more than doubled the price to reorder things.

I've had things disappear from my inventory, things that had been approved, only copy I had.... I re-uploaded days ago and still don't have another approval. It's getting to be very costly considering we are not reimbursed when things go poof.

It might be time for this custom content creator to say screw this, it's not worth the hastles and the lies to bother any more.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm at a loss to understand why they continue to do things like this with no explanation of any kind.

I

imported_Qute Pi

I don't mind paying more for a comfort 8 upload over a comfort 4 upload. I understand the value.
But the items I'm speaking of don't give any kind of anything, no room score, no view option.
If I understood the calculation of upload costs then maybe it would help me to figure out the possible profit / loss figures for myself. They have given us nothing to determine it, except for spending your time on the item first then finding out how much the first upload will be, which now won't even be consistent.
I can understand a decrease in what a player will pay for it, that is normal for a business, to have to reduce prices.

M

mysticlisa516

OMG,,here we go again comparing real life with the game. Why does real life have to enter into the game, I play the game to get away from the friggen headaches of real life. It's getting tiresome that the devs are raising the prices on everything when they get the notion to, but leaving payouts and any way of making simoleans the same. Incredibly stupid in my opinion.

J

jackdoe

i am sorry CBrewton5 but why do you keep comparing EA-Land to real life ?? we dont want real life issues in a game, we want to have fun....CC maybe a luxury but it was one of the big new selling points made by the devs to bring new players to the game...

The devs are taking away the money and raising the price of everything....its like they want us all to quit...i think there is something very weird going on here...

My guess is, the devs feel there is to much CC being uploaded to the game and the devs are tired of approving it so until they find a better way of approval, they are going to make it so only a few people can afford to upload CC....and thats all it is a guess, and thats because we are not told anything thats about to happen...

What is left to keep PAYING people playing this game ?? , we get very little or no chance of any information from the devs , this is not a beta its a total "like it or lump it" takeover

I am cancelling my subscription right now and i am just going to use a free account TC3 and mods, visit the top 3 CC selling lots in EA-Land and try to tell them to "stay possitive"

G

<blockquote><hr>

am sorry CBrewton5 but why do you keep comparing EA-Land to real life ?? we dont want real life issues in a game, we want to have fun....CC maybe a luxury but it was one of the big new selling points made by the devs to bring new players to the game...

[/ QUOTE ]

TSO has always been a LIFE-SIMULATION game, that is why, and I don't think that the separation from the "The Sims" franchise is going to change that. The game, even with all the changes, appeals to a class of people whom no other or few other MMORPGs would, because of that fact. If RL didn't factor into the game, then greening would not be such a big part of it. I can't think of a single other MMORPG that mandates you to do anything, other than occassionally feeding your character but not even that as often as EAL does, to keep your character alive and functional (since it takes a LONG time to starve to death, but your sim will refuse to work no matter what you do long before that point) while not in a combat situation. That is what sets this game apart from all the others.....the fact that it is a (real)life-simulation game.

ETA: if CC is all that is keeping a paid subscriber from becoming a free, then that's not a very good excuse since free subscribers can upload CC too, as far as I know, especially in TC3, where I see CC all OVER the place. As far as what keeps me paying as a person who has no interest in making CC because of EA's policies on it (not meaning upload costs)? Being able to have more than one sim on an account per city, being able to go to money lots and sim jobs (and actually get paid at the sim jobs) being able to skill in EAL an visit my friends who are there and don't play in TC3......etc. etc. etc.....so if you wanted to stay, there's plenty of reasons to

M

mysticlisa516

Yes, but Enough is Enough. Now it's getting to the point that they are chasing paying customers away. Do you think that's a good life strategy. Or maybe that's their intent in the first place, good reason to close the game down, don't ya think?

Yes, we want challenges in the game. But they are making it to where no one want to even play anymore. They take more simoleans then they give. I would like to know when they are going to put the <u>FUN</u> back into the game. Right now, there is only disgust, disappointment, and dissatisfaction. Well, only to the non-cheerleaders.

G

It's not just uploading that has increased, reordering has more than doubled. They want people to buy simoleans, simple as that. I'll not be a part of it.

J

jackdoe

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

am sorry CBrewton5 but why do you keep comparing EA-Land to real life ?? we dont want real life issues in a game, we want to have fun....CC maybe a luxury but it was one of the big new selling points made by the devs to bring new players to the game...

[/ QUOTE ]

TSO has always been a LIFE-SIMULATION game, that is why, and I don't think that the separation from the "The Sims" franchise is going to change that. The game, even with all the changes, appeals to a class of people whom no other or few other MMORPGs would, because of that fact. If RL didn't factor into the game, then greening would not be such a big part of it. I can't think of a single other MMORPG that allows you to do anything, other than occassionally feeding your character but not even that as often as EAL does, to keep your character alive while not in a combat situation. That is what sets this game apart from all the others.....the fact that it is a (real)life-simulation game.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is a game!!! its as simple as that , its not real life and its not a real life sim, in real life you at least get some kind of warning about a paycut or an increase in something that you pay for so how is this simming real life ??

The only type of players this game now appeals to is those that dont mind paying $10 - £10 per month for an IM program...

What sets this "game" apart from all the others is that there is nothing to do, its become so boring , i for one dont want to play a game just to chat with other people, i have enough friends in real life for that and if i need to chat on-line then i have the free IM programs for that..

And i wanted to continue paying for this game even though i know free players can upload CC as well, but now i dont see the point, the devs dont seem to have a clue as to what it takes to make a good game worth paying for...

S

Sean Kendrick

<blockquote><hr>

TSO has always been a LIFE-SIMULATION game,

[/ QUOTE ]

I think they should focus more on the game aspect.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Yes, but Enough is Enough. Now it's getting to the point that they are chasing paying customers away. Do you think that's a good life strategy. Or maybe that's their intent in the first place, good reason to close the game down, don't ya think?

Yes, we want challenges in the game. But they are making it to where no one want to even play anymore. They take more simoleans then they give. I would like to know when they are going to put the <u>FUN</u> back into the game. Right now, there is only disgust, disappointment, and dissatisfaction. Well, only to the non-cheerleaders.

[/ QUOTE ]

I suppose it depends on where you hang out. Right this moment, I'm on a skill lot, not one that is afk habitual so there is usually convo going on, and yes *some* of the conversation is about the difficulty to make money, particularly after sims get off their sim jobs, but that's not the prevailing tone. Most sims are talking about looking forward to amnesty, so that they will be able to vary their interest and not do one job track all the time, or make jams all the time, or whatever.....because variety is the spice of life. If however I was to spend all my time at money houses like some people seem hell-bent on doing, then of course I'd find the same endless complaints that are here, because those sims have dug their heels in and REFUSE to embrace a new way of doing things that will be less frustrating, therefore ostencibly more fun. That's what I think is the key. If people are trying to do what they did before TC3 was opened and the productin city closed, then no wonder they are miserable and either thinking about or have already quit. They've got to realize the same thing that all of us that you guys have labeled *cheerleaders* or *rah rahs* have, that this is a NEW game, with a new plan and a new set of rules. Doing things the old way is no longer the ticket to success.....it's the ticket to the misery and frustration that we've seen pandemic on the boards and the game.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Custom content is supposed to be a *luxury* so it makes sense to me that the prices for those objects would be higher than the prices for the 'regular, ordinary' objects just as the prices increase based on the motive levels, because of the luxury factor....it's a luxury not to have to spend double the time on a chair to green comfort, when a lower comfort object would still green comfort, just take longer

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is custom content supposed to be a luxury?

And why would they be wanting to control the population of CC makers? Aren't they one of the main selling point for the future of the game?

Polly

J

jackdoe

subscription cancelled

I will no longer pay for them to destroy this game....i will now just hangout on TC3 with all the other free players but only because thats all EA-Land deserves to be now, a free game...

The topic made earlier today about this all being a ploy to get rid of the game by first moving it away from anything to do with The Sims franchise first is seeming like a very good explaination for all of this

M

mysticlisa516

Yes, it suppose to be a main selling point for people to subscribe to the game. But once they have sucked enough people into the game they drive the prices up so high that no one want to take the time it takes to make CC anymore. At least they got their $10 for the month, eh?

And by the way, I spend a lot of time at skill houses, and I still hear the same complaints.

J

jackdoe

<blockquote><hr>

Yes, it suppose to be a main selling point for people to subscribe to the game. But once they have sucked enough people into the game they drive the prices up so high that no one want to take the time it takes to make CC anymore. At least they got their $10 for the month, eh?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe for this month but they wont be getting anymore

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Custom content is supposed to be a *luxury* so it makes sense to me that the prices for those objects would be higher than the prices for the 'regular, ordinary' objects just as the prices increase based on the motive levels, because of the luxury factor....it's a luxury not to have to spend double the time on a chair to green comfort, when a lower comfort object would still green comfort, just take longer

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is custom content supposed to be a luxury?

[/ QUOTE ]

As I see it? Beause there are already tons of 'cheap' things to deco a property with if a person really wants to go that way. If they want to set their property apart, however, from the 910 other properties of its' type, then that comes with a price tag.....and it is still doable, it's just not doable as fast and easy as some seem to want it to be.

<blockquote><hr>

And why would they be wanting to control the population of CC makers? Aren't they one of the main selling point for the future of the game?

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

For the reasons I already stated in the post that you quoted. It is still possible for anybody who wants to to be a CC maker. It's not as if they've said "OK guys, from here forth any sim who is not above x days old, or not a premium account holder, cannot upload CC any longer. They've simply raised the bar so that it isn't so much for the casual CC maker as it is the career minded one, game wise. Now that I think about it, the reason it was probably so cheap to start with was to give EVERYBODY a chance to try it out, and decide if they want to dedicate themselves to it without having to invest a bunch of simoleans. Now that CC has been out for a while, and they are getting as many uploads as they are with only one person to approve them, with sims hollering "I uploaded CC x# of days ago, why isn't it approved!!!!" even if it's a weekend, I can't blame them for doing something to make it so that there's not so much uploaded except from those who are making a sim career out of selling it. With owning any business of one's own, there is overhead. If you don't want the overhead, then instead of being a CC maker and running your own thing, then do a sim job track or pizza, or single money objects. Nobody is truly getting left out in the cold, the way they claim that they are.

G

<blockquote><hr>

subscription cancelled

I will no longer pay for them to destroy this game....i will now just hangout on TC3 with all the other free players but only because thats all EA-Land deserves to be now, a free game...

[/ QUOTE ]

...and thank you for helping me decide to make one of my free accounts a premium, the moment the money transfer from my bank account to my paypal account goes through. Cancelling subscriptions isn't helping the game stay afloat right now, reinstating them is, so even though I'm not happy with some things right now (low payouts, just like everybody else, and some bugs with the job tracks to name a few), I want the game to live on for people like myself who enjoy more than they hate about it. Hopefully there will be a large enough group of people who feel the same way, who will either resist the urge to hit the 'cancel subscription' button on the hard days, or will activate more accounts to premium if they are able to in order to make up the difference.

J

jackdoe

CBrewton5 , the way in which you always have the ability for stick up for the devs no matter what they should be applauded seriously, but even you are struggling with your reasoning for why they have suddenly done this latest "fluctuation" ,

I can see no mention of the new CC bring back customers feature only being availible to those who are willing to buy money at the in game ATM, and i think this needs to be added to the list of reason to "come back and start having fun again" section of the website

Even you have to admit that if the devs where more open about why they do what they do then it would mean that people like yourself would no longer have to try your hardest to justify their actions like you do...

J

jackdoe

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

subscription cancelled

[/ QUOTE ]

...and thank you for helping me decide to make one of my free accounts a premium, the moment the money transfer from my bank account to my paypal account goes through. Cancelling subscriptions isn't helping the game stay afloat right now, reinstating them is, so even though I'm not happy with some things right now (low payouts, just like everybody else, and some bugs with the job tracks to name a few), I want the game to live on for people like myself who enjoy more than they hate about it. Hopefully there will be a large enough group of people who feel the same way, who will either resist the urge to hit the 'cancel subscription' button on the hard days, or will activate more accounts to premium if they are able to in order to make up the difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know i will be asked for proof of this but if you just take a note yourself over the next few days you will notice how there are less players every day on line..now maybe they are taking a break or something but logic tells me after all the devs bad "game" choices people are all leaving, and you cant expect them to do anything else......

G

<blockquote><hr>

CBrewton5 , the way in which you always have the ability for stick up for the devs no matter what they should be applauded seriously, but even you are struggling with your reasoning for why they have suddenly done this latest "fluctuation"

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I am, yet I still support them overall, and when I do have complaints you don't see me jumping up and down, basically saying "Well eff it if they are going to make changes I don't like, then they are not getting my money." Maybe it's because I've been around as long as I have, and have put as much emotional energy into the game as I have, but I just cannot see sabbotaging it by doing nothing but complaining, complaining, complaining, with little to no positivity in between. I saw you thank a dev today for posting in a thread and it was like "Wow, maybe he'll have a different outlook for a while!!!" and I was actually happy about it.....only to have you cancel your subscription a few hours later? Can you not see how if you *really* want this game to succeed cancelling your subscription was counterproductive to that end?

J

jackdoe

It isnt just one change though CBrewton5 , first they drasticly cut payouts without any warning then they fail to answer all the questions and comments about it, now they start to raise the cost of things and again with no reason why...

People dont know what is going on, as a paying customer people have the right to know what they are paying for...i didnt know what was happening or what was going to happen next so i stopped giving them my money..

You compare this to real life, so if any real life service you paid for such as your gas supplier suddenly doubled your cost of gas without any notice or reason why, you would so the same as what i just did and that is to stop giving them your money.....

G

<blockquote><hr>

You compare this to real life, so if any real life service you paid for such as your gas supplier suddenly doubled your cost of gas without any notice or reason why, you would so the same as what i just did and that is to stop giving them your money.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Not if I still needed gas I wouldn't, since everybody needs natural gas unless they have no gas appliances or heat, and there is usually only one option for a company to provide it, so at first I didn't think that was an apt comparison, but on second thought, maybe it is since TSO/EAL is the only game of it's kind, except for SL which appeals mostly to the 'adult entertainmnt' crowd, though there are exceptions to that, as seen here. Still, there isn't much of an option to just *go find another game to play* if this is the kind of game you enjoy.....which for me it is, so that is why I take the good with the bad.

And yes I understand that it's not *just* this, it just seems curious that this would be the *final straw* when compared to other possibilities that could be seen as *final straws*, that's all. We've all got to have an ability to look past this moment, past today, into what *COULD* be, and if we cancel those subscriptions, what could be most DEFINITELY WILL NOT be, since EA has made it clear that if the game does not come out of the red, it won't survive and become a totally 'free to play' game. Otherwise, I might be able to support people not paying for something they didn't believe in......but I continue to, not as much for what things are now, as for what I see the potential to be SHOULD the game survive. To that end, they'll have to shut down the lights on me, because I was one of the first ones in, and I'll be one of the last ones out except for the hiatus I took when we were literally getting NO UPDATES, and there was NO indication that there ever would be any updates, nor any threat by EA to pull the plug based on the subscription rate......but still looking back on it it was a big mistake, since in turn I was one of the ones causing the problem by not continuing to support the game.

J

jackdoe

I wanted to continue to support the game but the devs are treating there customers like mugs so now , like if my gas supplier double the cost of my supply with no reason or chance for me to ask why, i am off to find a new supplier that offers me more for my money and will be there to answer my questions.....

I will still visit TC3 but i cant see any other reason to do so other than to just chat to people, buy hey at least i got a new free IM program

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

Now that CC has been out for a while, and they are getting as many uploads as they are with only one person to approve them, with sims hollering "I uploaded CC x# of days ago, why isn't it approved!!!!" even if it's a weekend, I can't blame them for doing something to make it so that there's not so much uploaded except from those who are making a sim career out of selling it. With owning any business of one's own, there is overhead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ordering copies from already made content does not require re approval.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Now that CC has been out for a while, and they are getting as many uploads as they are with only one person to approve them, with sims hollering "I uploaded CC x# of days ago, why isn't it approved!!!!" even if it's a weekend, I can't blame them for doing something to make it so that there's not so much uploaded except from those who are making a sim career out of selling it. With owning any business of one's own, there is overhead.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.....that's more of a side effect of the original problem though, so much being uploaded for the first time, and therefore requiring approval. I don't know if their code allows for not changing the price of previously uploaded stuff, or maybe they were trying to create a better money drain, since we are told that the drains being used enough is what is going to raise the payouts. *If* it does raise those payouts in the next few weeks, provided enough sims hang in there and take the time and simoleans to still upload in spite of the differential, wouldn't it be worth the extra hassle?

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.....that's more of a side effect of the original problem though, so much being uploaded for the first time, and therefore requiring approval. I don't know if their code allows for not changing the price of previously uploaded stuff, or maybe they were trying to create a better money drain, since we are told that the drains being used enough is what is going to raise the payouts. *If* it does raise those payouts in the next few weeks, provided enough sims hang in there and take the time and simoleans to still upload in spite of the differential, wouldn't it be worth the extra hassle?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok not that I want them to, I'm thankful in fact so far, but...why was only useless sculpture type items increased, yet all my chair type items remained the same?
Could there be too much sculpture cc out there?

I still would like information on the calculation process of cc...

G

So, let me get this straight... we should pay over double to reorder things than we had to yesterday, so that we have to charge more than double for the objects we sell, so then you'll be able to make more on money objects, maybe some day, if and when they feel the problem with bots is under control?

G

<blockquote><hr>

So, let me get this straight... we should pay over double to reorder things than we had to yesterday, so that we have to charge more than double for the objects we sell, so then you'll be able to make more on money objects, maybe some day, if and when they feel the problem with bots is under control?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not so that *I* will, so that *we* collectively will, if that is the case. I was just asking the question that if this serves as a sufficient drains for the payouts to increase, which is one of the only things we universally agree needs to happen, if then the extra hassle now would all be worthwhile.

G

I'm not positive, but I think the price for pictures has gone up too. Those and chairs I always thought were too high to start with. The tables in TC were priced about right, but then that will likely change too if it hasn't already.

G

The drains are wide open, the faucets are at a trickle, maybe you don't see that because you only see from a skill house visitors point of view.

M

mysticlisa516

Exactly, if you are sitting in a skill house, how are you helping in the economy?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Exactly, if you are sitting in a skill house, how are you helping in the economy?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't spend 100% of my time at skill houses, or I too would not have any money. I know the faucets exist, but we've been told that they aren't being used enough, which in turn is contributing to the payouts being low. It's obvious some people don't believe that, but some people do. I know plenty of people that are just hoarding simoleans away like chipmunks hoarde nuts in winter, not using *any* of the faucets.....and that's just of people I know. If there are the number that I know doing that, how many more that I've never met are doing it as well......players that couldn't give two hoots about the economy, or whether or not they are screwing everybody else along with themselves.

H

HoTDeViL

i made a kitchen set. my bar i sold for 349§ before with a little profit. if i reorder 1 of them now i have to pay myself 850§ !!!!!!!!!!!!!
dang thats really going out of hands!can you tell us an answer on this problem please.

whats the reason for such a drastically price raising? i kept all my selling prices as low for my customers.

same in the zoo, where we have around 70 uploaded animals. i cannot sell them all for doubled price and more

I

imported_Qute Pi

I'm sure everyone has a reason to hoard money. Many people may believe its for cash out, but there are so many other reasons. You can't get a property cheap these days, you can't do anything cheap these days, of course they need to hoard money in order to afford the new features of this game. If they expect everyone to spend the money as soon as they get it then how will anyone accomplish their goals?

I don't think I have much money at all, less than 30k. But I have so many future plans, for things I enjoy doing, that I need the money in order to accomplish them. In fact I need much much more. I don't want to be walking around with less than 20k at any given time. I want to feel like my time spent in game making money is actually worth it when I see something there. That doesn't mean I don't give a hoot about the economy. Just means I'm saving up.

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

same in the zoo, where we have around 70 uploaded animals. i cannot sell them all for doubled price and more

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, who can afford to buy a zoo now? Why would they want to at the increased prices.

So who gets screwed? The creators who spend their rl time to help make the game better? Isn't part of what is making so many people happy is having the options of all these new items? So they increase the price to upload, then all the other players will blame it on the creators as well, for the crazy prices. Then you have 1 or 2 dominant cc creators and the rest of us have to rely on job objects and tracks to break even? Nice way to use CC to draw in players...

It seems like everything I try to enjoy gets ripped from my hands. Carpet prices are way to high for roof art, building is too expensive, cc is too time consuming to be worth the upload costs. I won't mention the price for pets lol. I wanted a calico cat, yea... They keep taking things away but they are not adding any more fun, besides the contests as of late. Which isn't a bad thing, but it's not a permanent solution to the "Fun" aspect of this game. I know the merges are gonna come first, and I have been hoping things will change after that. I will keep hoping, but I really enjoyed doing CC and I'm upset about the lack of communication in regards to the calculation process and the price changes.

G

heres just the kind of post i been waiting on "rah rah gotta help ea out of the financial jam they are in rah rah "

G

This won't stop the greedy, money hungry people from selling custom content, which I'm sure they are the types that the devs prefer having out there, the ones who were already selling at huge profits. Hell they can still sell at same prices and this wouldn't need to effect them at all except they wouldn't make as much per sale.

This will only hurt those of us who wanted to keep prices lower so our fellow players could afford to buy them without having to go to any ATM machine to do it.

What angers me the most in this, is the total and complete lack of communication from the devs to us content creators. I think that was a really low blow.

As I said before, I'll not be a part of the "push them to use an ATM" crowd.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Custom content is supposed to be a *luxury* so it makes sense to me that the prices for those objects would be higher than the prices for the 'regular, ordinary' objects just as the prices increase based on the motive levels, because of the luxury factor....it's a luxury not to have to spend double the time on a chair to green comfort, when a lower comfort object would still green comfort, just take longer. I'm surprised it hasn't been like this all along, so it might just be that they figured out that they screwed up and decided to fix it. Or, as you mentioned they might be trying to control the population of CC makers, because logically the more people make and upload their own cc, the less they will buy cc from others and the less customers they will have to buy from them, because they buy from somebody else. Again, I'm surprised it wasn't this way from jumpstreet.

It *is* a kick in the head to find out that an identical re-upload price has changed, but that happens in retail all the time...costs of 'raw material' to make the stuff goes up, so you in turn have to adjust your price to your customers, or eat the loss yourself. Having a vantage point from the business side of it makes it look more logical when you parallel it to running a RL business, if you have experience running a RL business, but I can see how looking at it from purely the consumer angle would make it frustrating.

ETA: Even people who don't have experience in retail can see what our RL economy is doing right now. Gasoline has skyrocketed in the last couple years......why? Because of the war and the fact that oil prices per barrel are up. More recently, bread and egg prices have gone up.....why? Because this was a bad year for farmers, so the price of wheat and corn (which chickens that lay eggs get fed corn chickenfeed) so that's why those have gone up.....same principle.

[/ QUOTE ]

You beat me too it CB...I don't know why CC creators dont raise prices either. I meaqn Its nice to try and keep the cost down for the less fortunate but it isn't somethey they need. It is a luxury item and back when all this nice stuff came out, if I seen something I wanted badly, I spent the day doing pizza or jams. I don't take that long. Anyway, people who have this talent need to set themselves up first and foremost and then give deals to the newbs. This is just MO.

I

Inge Jones

<blockquote><hr>

I don't know why CC creators dont raise prices either.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am accustomed to creating cc for Sims games at no cost to myself or my fellow players (over an above the original outlay for the game and our ISP connection fees). Having to worry about whether I am going to be paid enough for it so that I can afford to upload more, or working in a robot factory for 40 minutes for every chair I upload with a view to giving away free has rather taken the fun and purpose out of it.

If I could pay my already comparatively expensive EALand subscription each month and then enjoy the rest of my game activities free, it would just about come down on the side of "worth it".

G

NOIP
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
There is some truth in this.
However, the last time our RL economy resembled what we have now in TSO, it was known as "The Great Depression".

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I don't know why CC creators don't raise prices either.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am accustomed to creating cc for Sims games at no cost to myself or my fellow players (over an above the original outlay for the game and our ISP connection fees). Having to worry about whether I am going to be paid enough for it so that I can afford to upload more, or working in a robot factory for 40 minutes for every chair I upload with a view to giving away free has rather taken the fun and purpose out of it.

If I could pay my already comparatively expensive EALand subscription each month and then enjoy the rest of my game activities free, it would just about come down on the side of "worth it".

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to agree with you. I sit here wondering why at this point I don't even want to open my paint program when for many months thats something I try to work on every day. When I seen the price increases yesterday with no warning I lost a lot of interest in spending my rl time creating this stuff, even tho I enjoy it and people seem to enjoy my work. (Specifically the playground).

I keep wondering if its a temporary feeling or what. And based on your explanation I fell that has a lot to do with it.

I just think I need to know how upload costs are calculated. I thought it was based on the size of the file, even tho I wasn't sure, but obviously that's not the case, as a reordered item didn't change size.

G

<blockquote><hr>

NOIP
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
There is some truth in this.
However, the last time our RL economy resembled what we have now in TSO, it was known as "The Great Depression".

[/ QUOTE ]

Well yeah, I guess you can say that.....I mean, we don't have the job shortage that they had during the Depression....alot of the towns then had signs at the county lines saying "No jobs available here, transients turn back", and such, but like the Depression, the jobs that are available really don't pay much. I consider it more of a Recession though, because our economy has shrunk, and we need ways to make it grow to get back into a healthy economy.

My hubby doesn't have a Stratics acct, but he had an idea to stimulate growth that he wants me to post, but I need to do it in a separate thread since this one is about CC prices specifically.....so stay tuned in a little bit LOL.

G

I am assuming the upload prices have always been calculated according to file size. And you are right, when reordering, the file size doesn't change. What did change is the price to upload and reorder by 150%.

I'm sure it has something to do with combating the botters... /sarcasm

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

I am assuming the upload prices have always been calculated according to file size. And you are right, when reordering, the file size doesn't change. What did change is the price to upload and reorder by 150%.

I'm sure it has something to do with combating the botters... /sarcasm

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.
Right, file size has doesn't change. So that's out.
Also, popularity I count out, because...I have chairs more popular that didn't change.
However, i can't say that popularity in category of sculptures doesn't count, because maybe thats the reason. There are sooo many sculpture items out there, compared to chairs? But as a whole, why should that effect us individually. Some of us put a lot more time into our sculptures than others, if you know what I mean.
So what other reason is there?