• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

curtain call and a fond farewell wave

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
From Uhall

just wanted to pop my head in and make it official.

i am retiring from being a moderator here at stratics.
love me or hate me i did it all for free and the betterment of the UO gaming community.

im not leaving because im tired of being a kindergarten cop to the unruly few but rather im a firm believer that everyone should take their turns at volunteering and helping out the community.
and ive done my share and helped out, more then most, but still less then a rare few.
so now i will step aside and let someone else step forth from the mist and shine light where once was darkness.
i thought i knew everything there was to know about this game when i took over as being a mod of a professions forum, but its amazing how much you learn when others are counting on you to teach them.
whats the old adage.... you learn 70% of what you read, 80% of what you do and 90% of what you teach? well that is so true.

at any rate cheers to the people they get to come into the Bard Forums and Faction Forums and UHall here.

if youve ever wanted to try your hand at it maybe now is the time, drop the high command a note and express your interest in it.

its funny when i think back upon my time here.... im probably one of a very slim minority of people who have been banned from stratics and yet come back to be a moderator. but now without my leash on lets see what fun i can have once again! *insert evil laugh* :devil:

cheers

Poo
but this forum deserves a side note.
Barding has been my passion in UO for years.
and i can prove it! i have at least one bard and one disco tamer on every shard in the game.
EVERY..... SHARD..... IN..... THE...... GAME!
so thats not one or 2 bards, thats more like 50-70 bards ive made and play.
so to say its a hobby is more then a little true.

but alas its time for another to step up and take over.
there was a time when i use to frequent these forums and the old timers that use to moderate here got tired and left as well and then i stepped up.
now i am the old tired one, and someone must step up and take over where i have stumbled and fallen.
of all the proffesional forums i still think this one is the best and the most up to date, but then im biased, hehe.

have fun my friends!
i am off, there is a monster somewhere who is just craving to dance and lucky me, i have a lute and an attitude and ive been known to dance with monsters a time or two.

till we meet at the Salty Dog Tavern again.

Poo

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now where the heck am I going to find a bard as knowledgeable who's willing to fill the gap you're leaving?

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
poo,
never talked to u or asked you any questions or met you in game...but always enjoyed your posts on here. good work you dun did brutha.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sad day for all of us who have come to depend on your willingness to share your vast Barding experiences... Thank you for being there for us all these years... May the wind be always at your back...
Peace brother.

Kelly O'Brian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks alot Poo, for sharing your time, knowledge and experiences with us. Its was and is your dedication that enriches my bard play this much, that he became one of my few favorites .
Besides that, you present the facts in your essays and posts in a pure, educational style, which leads to a quick understanding for me (as a non-native speaker). I appreciate that alot.
While you stepped back, i am in the hope, that we wont loose your encouraging tunes.

With pointy ears....

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And there's no law that says you can't pop in every now and then to say hi....
Just sayin' ;)

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You will be missed sir. Your efforts have been nothing short of fantastic in the advancement and furthering of the Bard profession in UO. I thank you and take every UO related Hat I've worn off to you in salute. Happy trails, and Happy tunes.

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You will be missed sir. Your efforts have been nothing short of fantastic in the advancement and furthering of the Bard profession in UO. I thank you and take every UO related Hat I've worn off to you in salute. Happy trails, and Happy tunes.
Amen! ;)