• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

current trial account restrictions

• Thread starter Beastmaster
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
B

Beastmaster

What are they? Not looking to debate what should or shouldn't be, just seeking info on what they are.

M

Marcus Blackwell

some that I know of is that they cant own a house. place a house, trade a house.. also mining and lumberjack wise they can only get iron and regular wood while its a trial account. Theres plenty more but not sure.. I think there limited on what quests they can do.. dont think they can even get Bods..

EricVT

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They can't donate to the cooperative collection people (at least the Britain library, not sure of the others).

M

Marcus Blackwell

Did some searching and this is all I could find on what limits there are on trial accounts....

Removed the 15 day character age requirement for house placement
Players are not allowed to place a house while on a trial account
Players are not allowed to co-own or be traded a house while on a trial account
Trial accounts have travel restrictions –
Cannot visit Felucca dungeons or Felucca T2A
Trial Accounts have the following resource restrictions -
Will only receive basic ores and logs (iron, plain logs) even if they'd otherwise qualify for better types
Will not receive sand or stone when mining
Trial Account Misc. restrictions -
Will not receive ML rewards for resource gathering (jewels, ingredients, and white pearls while fishing)
Will not receive rewards, monster kill points, or virtue points from champ spawns
Will not get scrolls while doing champ spawns
Will not gain Justice virtue points for killing murderers
Cannot use Valor or Justice virtues
Cannot Protect or be Protected by another player
Can not join factions or faction aligned guilds
If in a guild they will be removed from the guild, if their guild joins a faction
Cannot use Scrolls of Alacrity, Power Scrolls, Stat Scrolls, or Scrolls of Transcendence
Cannot use Commodity Deeds
Cannot do Community Collections
Cannot use Soulstones or fragment soulstones
Cannot use Pet summoning balls
Cannot use Bracelets of Binding
Cannot use the Bag of Sending
Cannot do any repeatable quests – even if they are normally repeatable
Cannot acquire BOD’s

B

Beastmaster

Thanks everyone. I'm looking to bring a friend in but I don't want to start them down a road only to have to say "oh you can't do that yet". Better to just avoid those things as not to frustrate them, at least til the day before trial ends. :) Then they become carrots.

AEowynSP

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just last month I got a RL friend to try UO on a trial account and brought him straight to Siege since I play no other shard.
Log on create char anywhere "I renounce my young player status" log out; Poof! Siege is now on your shard list ready and waiting for you.

M

Mitzlplik_SP

Just last month I got a RL friend to try UO on a trial account and brought him straight to Siege since I play no other shard.
Log on create char anywhere "I renounce my young player status" log out; Poof! Siege is now on your shard list ready and waiting for you.
I rolled a trial account when I was considering a 3rd for a second house on SP but didn`t get the sentence right. I must have said "I wish to re....." Thanks for the intel. :)

I just assumed it was not possible anymore to renounce or something. Hmmmmm...... I may hafta have a 3rd afterall but I`d rather have a stripped old vet account instead. hmmmm, decisions, decisions.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Hey Mitz... Before you go crazy. *knows you are gonna drop a house* I will be hiring help soon. I will pay you to stay at the bed and breakfast that is to come soon. You can have your own room and all of that.

Xenobia

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wish they would stop the trial accounts from having access to the chat system because those are the ones spamming ULTIMACODES.COM and it is quite annoying. I spend every night calling a GM to remove them (and they do) but it is kind of a pain to have to waste my time.