• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Current Sammy/Vamp Template?

• Thread starter Connor_Graham
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
C

Connor_Graham

I've been working on converting my dexxer from Fencing to Swords, while at the same time getting Parry up to 120 (done now finally) along with Bushido, but was wondering what the final template was for this build? The last one I see from Baghdaddy's sticky post above shows 45 Tactics, but he also mentions using weapon specials which I'd understood now required 90 Tactics in order to use.

Can anyone help me out with this? I'm very close to being done, and am at the point now where I need to start turning skills down to move points into others.

I

imported_kinney42

I have 2 really......
1st runs in vamp form
120 swords
120 bushido
115 Parry
100 anat
90 healing
35 necro
70 tactics
70 chiv

the 2nd is different....runs in wraith form using curse weapon
120 macing
120 bushido
120Parry
100 tacts
100 chiv
60 necro
100 spirit speak

C

Connor_Graham

This still brings up the question of how to use the weapon specials, specifically Whirlwind without the required Tactics. It's 90 required to perform the specials isn't it, or is it 70? This change was made while I was away from the game. Seems I missed quite a bit actually.

Btw...I'm building this char similar to Baghdaddy's with the Vamp form specifically in mind. The skills I've got definite are:

Swords 120
Bushido 120
Parry 120
Healing 90
Chiv 70

This leaves me with 195 skill points of which 35 have to be necro, so only 160 left for Tactics & Anatomy. If the requirement for weapon specials is only 70 Tactics, then the decision is easy with Tactics at 70 & Anatomy at 90, but if not, then I've got a predicament.

I

imported_kinney42

Each weapon has 2 specials. A primary and a secondary. The primary requires 70 tactics and the secondary requires 90 tactics.

The 1st sammy that I posted above has higher anat to cure high levels of poison and heal more HP's with bandies. I find the healing with bandies at crucial moments much more useful than the few extra damage from a higher tactics skill. Now, most of the time I'm not using the weapon specials but thats just how I play.

C

Connor_Graham

I'm dealing with a 715 skill cap, so I'm needing to get an extra 5 points from somewhere, and it looks like the only place I can really get it from is Anatomy. My concern with that would be Level 6 Poison. That brings up the question as to whether or not Greater Cure pots will cure that 100% of the time, or if Anatomy at 95 & Healing at 90 will also. I'd already planned on this character being a pot chugger to increase healing and to help curing poison. I'll also be using the enhanced bandages exclusively to bring the Healing back up to GM level with the +10 bonus.

C

Connor_Graham

Just with the way this one is shaping up, with Swords & Bushido at 110 still, I having a hard time believing how freaking powerful and unstoppable Connor is. It took a para Juka Lord, Golem, Juka Warrior, normal Juka Lord, Imp and a Juka Mage to kill him at 85ish Swords & 95ish Bushido. That's a lot of stuff beating on him at once. Thinking back on when I first made him as a Fencer before Bushido was in the game, what he's capable of now is mind blowing.

Back to the topic at hand, I guess I'll go ahead and take the 5 points I need from Anatomy and put him at 95 and see how that works, using pots when needed in a pinch.

I

imported_Jimmy Pop

I'd really suggest going to 100 healing and 81+ anatomy just for the 100% chance of curing.

It does make a huge difference not wasting a bandage. Especially when you start a bandage then get poisoned after 3 seconds and fail to cure it. Thats like a 7+ second lapse without any bandage help at all.

And you might just fail on the next cure too.

All my chars that have healing have had their templates adjusted to take healing to 100. I highly recommend it.

E

Emil_surdeegen

why is none useing a normal char no wraith no vamp just use hml hld ssi hci weap and curse weap you will be able to drink pots and evrything

i have solo chief prox like this

I

imported_kinney42

I guess I changed to wraith and vamp and all that cause Its new to me. I've been a normal fighter for like 7 years now and its gotten a little stale.........plus its freaking awesome man!!!!

I

imported_kinney42

"I'd really suggest going to 100 healing and 81+ anatomy just for the 100% chance of curing.

It does make a huge difference not wasting a bandage. Especially when you start a bandage then get poisoned after 3 seconds and fail to cure it. Thats like a 7+ second lapse without any bandage help at all.

And you might just fail on the next cure too.

All my chars that have healing have had their templates adjusted to take healing to 100. I highly recommend it."

This is an EXCELLENT point. One overlooked by a lot of people. you can save 10 precious skill points by popping healing down to 90 and and using Enhanced bandages.
Also alot of people don't know this but Enhanced bandages will not be useful to you if your healing skill is already at its max. IE you have a max of 100 and are already at 100.

C

Connor_Graham

So you're suggesting I take Anatomy down to 90 & Healing to 95 and use the bandages to take me to 100.

*gets out the calculator again*

So at a 715 skill cap that would make it:

Swords 120
Parry 120
Bushido 120
Healing 90 (100 w/enhanced bandages)
Anatomy 90
Chiv 70
Tactics 70
Necro 35

And then I wouldn't have to worry about Level 6 poison as I'd be able to cure it with bandages, Chiv or Greater Cure pot. Sound about right?

I

imported_kinney42

Yeah, your skill list looks good to maximize your chance to cure 6 poison. although you have to use those enhanced bandages and they do go fast!

C

Connor_Graham

I've got about 3k of them right now, and 10 fountains producing 100 per day, so hopefully they should be able to keep up with me.

I

imported_kinney42

hehe yeah thats what i thought also until the magencia invasion and i went through 4k in a week! although that was before I was a sammy.
Also you can always lower your tactics more if you want higher anat. Believe me when i say i never have time to use a special between LS and the other bush spells. Plus LS is great!

I

imported_Jimmy Pop

<blockquote><hr>

So you're suggesting I take Anatomy down to 90 &amp; Healing to 95 and use the bandages to take me to 100.

[/ QUOTE ]I'm pretty sure that 90 healing and enhanced bandages will NOT give you the same cure percentage as 100 Healing.

I did Miasma a lot, and with less then 100 healing I failed to cure once in a while, even with enhanced bandages. Once I hit 100 healing I no longer failed.

C

Connor_Graham

The only special I'm really interested in is Whirlwind, both for the mirror images with Travesty and the Undead spawn around the Dark Father. Whirlwind is a massive HP boost when you hit 20 undead at once.

C

Connor_Graham

Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm almost there with the rebuild. I've been hitting it hard and heavy all day long, and now have Tactics built up to 70 after stoning the GM Tactics I had then buying 40 more to rebuild (even got the newbie arms from the Tactics quest in the process
), have Chiv down to 70, Parry was done yesterday, Necro was simply bought at 35 (glad I didn't have to work that one), and am now at 113.7 Swords and 112.6 Bushido. I'm planning on having the rebuild done by tomorrow as long as the RNG stays on my side and I don't hit some massive slump in gaining.

Then it's off to Blood Dungeon and the Balrons.

I did head over to the Titan room for a bit today and went toe to toe with a Paragon Titan without blinking an eye, and never had to heal, along with going toe to toe with 2 Paragon Cyclops &amp; 2 Titans simulatneously with only a couple of bandages having to be used. I've got to say, I'm likin' this lots!

S

Sang

Connor,

I've been playing around with Vamp Sammys for awhile and a few things of note that I've found useful:

1.) No need for heal/anat
With a swords weapon that's hard hitting and fast like a nice ornate, heal/anat is pretty much redundant. I heal through Level6 poison from Miasma and cure with high level Chiv after he's killed, but I can leech thru the poison with no problems.

2.) FC/FCR
Dealing damage is the #1 priority, it keeps you alive and kills your enemy(duh). With a nice weapon, u'll be able to leech mana/stam/life. A little secret I've found is COUNTERSTRIKE. It acts like doublestrike and you will be leeching tons with it. If you drop your DCI to 0, u'll have more chances to parry and thus more chances to counterattack. Why FC/FCR? With new changes to toggling specs and spells, you'll have to cast it fast b/w uses so having high FC/FCR is best for spamming tons of spells...I use Consecrate/Counterattack/LS/Momentum within seconds of each other and make short work anything. I can take paragon ballys, takes awhile, and lots of jousting but isnt so bad.

3.) Resist
The one real killer on most vampire sammy templates is paralyze and/or mana drain. You loose your ability to deal damage which is in many ways the way you remain alive (at least for my template) so i highly recommend it (GM is fine for PVM).

Hope this helps a little, and sorry if it screws up your template a little

C

Connor_Graham

Argh. You just had to throw that in didn't ya?

I'd actually thought about trying that out. A buddy of mine has had a Sampire for a while and he'd dropped Healing as well, using pots to make up the balance. I may do that in the near future (I've got GM Resist sitting on a stone) but for now I'm still relearning how to play my dexxer. I did go down to Travesty last night with 3 of my hunting buds, and one of the runs I tanked Travesty by myself. There were a couple of close calls due to one of them having high Necro in his template, so I got hit with Blood Oath a couple of times along with some Wither spam, but I think if it had just been me by myself, I could have stood there and had no problems. I'm not quite up to testing that theory out yet, but it won't be too long before I feel I'm ready for it. I was thinking of testing Dreadhorn out first as I'd heard he was the easiest of the Peerless to solo, with Paroxy running a close second behind him.

I

imported_Duku

<blockquote><hr>

Connor,

I've been playing around with Vamp Sammys for awhile and a few things of note that I've found useful:

1.) No need for heal/anat
With a swords weapon that's hard hitting and fast like a nice ornate, heal/anat is pretty much redundant. I heal through Level6 poison from Miasma and cure with high level Chiv after he's killed, but I can leech thru the poison with no problems.

2.) FC/FCR
Dealing damage is the #1 priority, it keeps you alive and kills your enemy(duh). With a nice weapon, u'll be able to leech mana/stam/life. A little secret I've found is COUNTERSTRIKE. It acts like doublestrike and you will be leeching tons with it. If you drop your DCI to 0, u'll have more chances to parry and thus more chances to counterattack. Why FC/FCR? With new changes to toggling specs and spells, you'll have to cast it fast b/w uses so having high FC/FCR is best for spamming tons of spells...I use Consecrate/Counterattack/LS/Momentum within seconds of each other and make short work anything. I can take paragon ballys, takes awhile, and lots of jousting but isnt so bad.

3.) Resist
The one real killer on most vampire sammy templates is paralyze and/or mana drain. You loose your ability to deal damage which is in many ways the way you remain alive (at least for my template) so i highly recommend it (GM is fine for PVM).

Hope this helps a little, and sorry if it screws up your template a little

[/ QUOTE ]

Its what i think!

Im just now changing it to try SW.. NF and immolating with 4-5 focus level hurt badly.. if you want ill let you know if i can beat even huh boss ^^

C

Connor_Graham

I'm going to be testing this out on Miasma and Balrons by casting protection and using a fast 1H wep, and using Curse Weapon along with Greater Heal pots (emergency use only) and see how I do. If I can manage without having to use a bandage, then I'll go ahead and stone Healing and swap it out for 85 Resist that I've got sitting on a stone, which I'll work up to 90.

Question though...

I can hit max DCI (plus extra to compensate for when Travesty hits me with HLD) with Heart of the Lion, Fey leggings, and either brace or ring, which will give me room to get around 25-30 HCI, along with nice DI (60+), but this will kill my mana regen. I was going to drop the Brightsight Lenses and go with the Mace &amp; Shield glasses.

Basically, my armor will be:

Heart of the Lion
Jackal's Collar
Stormgrip
Fey Leggings
Mace &amp; Shield Glasses
Barbed Runic sleeves w/high resists

My weapon will of course have Mana Leech, but with this setup, does anyone see any issues with having enough mana? My mana with Stormgrip will be 63, with 35 being the base Int. This setup will also put me at near all 70's, even in Vamp form &amp; with Protection cast. Also, if need be, I can do some skill swapping on soulstones to be able to cast Magic Reflection &amp; Reactive armor with GM Inscription to get the extra 5 points of elemental resists.

Also, I'm still in need of an Ornate Axe with the right properties. Which runics should I be using to try and craft one?

S

Sang

In response to your post Duku...I have tried the SW Sampire but before the tactics nerf...it worked great with 4/6 casting but there is not enough skill space to compensate for it now. Especially with changes to MED and mana regen, you wont have enough mana. I'm still in the process of trying to build another like it tho!!

In response to your post Connor...I have 2 Sampires, one with Protection and one without. I carry arcane thigh boots to cast curse weapon with necro @ 50 and SS @ 50. I use it in a jam (low stamina/low hp) but it requires HLD so mace n shield glasses is perfect b/c the situations I use it in are when I'll die if I dont leech life in the next hit and HLD is the only thing that'll guarantee I hit! The problem with protection is, it takes a few more 0.25s to cast spells but you dont fail them. Can be a curse and a blessing in disguise...close wounds and cleanse by fire cast quite slowly compared to before so my main heals come from curse weapon and confidence. I like to carry like 25 pig irons for casting and save the arcane charges for dire emergencies. My suit has no DCI and limited HCI...I rely solely on LS and MS for hits, and I have 11MR, 40LMC, 60 mana total. I have never run into mana problems (always use a good mana leech weapon). MR isnt a real biggie unless you're waiting to cast vampire after you've just died, other than that, leeching is the way you gain back your mana, along with honoring your kills.

My sammy without protection seems a little more durable, he's able to cast very fast but does NOT use curse weapon and has no SS. In dire spots I cast evasion and run away to cast Close Wounds, but I have max karma so I heal back 39hp. If only I could re-work in my GM SPW, I'd have some insane heals!

C

Connor_Graham

After spending the whole morning, and around 15mil, I've finally got a setup I'm happy with for now. Resists are 70, 70, 69, 62, 74 with DCI 46 &amp; HCI 21 and DI of 46. I had to sacrifice a little bit of mana (a whole 2 points) but I gained 10 hit points, so I'm more than happy with that trade off. I've got 124 HP's, so can take quite a beating and still come out ok. I'm going to have to be on the lookout for some jewels to replace the ones I have to improve the suit though. With the armor I used, especially the sleeves, I've got some freedom in what I can do with a ring/brace combo as I only need to have fire and poison resists as a must have. If anyone has a ring or brace with fire &amp; poison, along with Chiv and either HCI or DCI, please let me know.

C

Connor_Graham

I got the last gain in the last skill of the remake of my template, so went out today for the big "test" of my template, the Paragon Cu Sidhe.

I'd say ol' Connor is ready for Dread Horn at least.

I need to find a good 2 handed weapon before I try any of the others, except maybe Travesty. I think I could probably handle her.

C

Connor_Graham

Yep, I'm taking Connor to Dread Horn tomorrow. This pic says it all:

S

Sang

Nice, havent tried Para Cus yet but Para Bally I can joust, still hits me for 40+ so I can go toe-to-toe til he hits me twice in a row.

Can you post a pic of the mods on your weapon?

C

Connor_Graham

I used the same Elven Machete I used to take down the Cu Sidhe:

Elven Machete:

Hit Stamina Leech 26%
Hit Mana Leech 49%
Swing Speed Increase 20%
Damage Increase 29%

E

Emil_surdeegen

hehe i got a elven manchete whit:
hml 40