• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Curious to know your thoughts on the pest pets to use at the roof now?

Metal Head

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As title states, "Curious to know your thoughts on the pest pets to use at the roof now?" Please include skills and why.

Jack

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Many People think explosive goo is good but actually for me, I think it is not. It can't event kill all the spawn and when casted it will start killing spawn and stops tanking the boss so it becomes a Little mess at roof. That's why I dont put goo on my pets

Some say 600HP is enough but my pets have 900+HP due to the fact that when Im doing scalis life can go to 750 or 650 easily if you are distracted by eels or at navrey the spider, if you are teleported away and your pet is the target life can go to 500-600 even with consume damage and 120 wrestling -120 parry and 80 80 70 65 70 resists.

I dont use disco coz when you are killing a boss, even thou they say chiv doesnt make the expected damage it is true that chiv have its own schedules of damage, like it will most of the times hit after a consecrus weapon (i mean when pet cast consecrus). This chiv pets granted me a 120 resisting spells at a champ against a sampire and a 600hp 8x120 fire steed (mine was a chiv cu).

Although I initially started my stam at 125 and dex at 150 (stam 150 hits more and 150 dex runs more) then I started seeing that both its preferable to have 150 stam coz it hits almost triple damage and in case a pvp pet comes you will want your pet to have 150 stam to be able to defend itself and also thou at 125 stam I got the 120 resisting scroll against fire steed and sampire, it is easier to kill the victim as a defensive way much more faster with 150stam in order to keep your pet alive. Not to mention that you will make more damage to the boss.

Resists can be either 75 80 70 70 70 / 80 75 70 70 70 / or / 80 80 70 65 70. I prefer the 80 physical and 80 fire coz of the amount of noobs that will wear physical weapons and try to kill your pet at champs and for the bosses is also best 80 physical 80 fire. They wont cast many poison spells on pet and Deadly Poison will make only a bit more damage (from 20 to 22 or 23 HP at 65 poison resist on pet)

Pvp Pets dont have to have a lot of mana but good int to regenerate well (600-700 int), just 450-500 to have decent mana pool, anything above 600 mana in a pvm pet i think its a waste of intensity points (setting points).

Intelligence is about 700 on a pvp pets but for a pvm pet, you cant have that much also I would love to coz you need to swap points to Hits-Pool, otherwise you won't be able to make it. So Hit pool will be 850-900 and intelligence will be 300 coz most trammies leave their pet's intelligence at 250ish 260ish so at 300 you make just a bit more damage and HP-pool wont suffer much from that change.
This is knowing Int will give you SDI and MR to your pet.

About the special hit I think Armor ignore is the one that you want for pvm and I could see how it gave me 120 resisting at the mentioned champion spawn so I know it Works.

Skills You want to have 120 wrestle 120 parry - 120 anatomy 120 healing 120 tactics and 120 chivalry (6x120). Only pvp pets can have 8x120 coz you can lower life pool.

You dont need 120 resisting spells coz it wont be walking in paralizing fields. If you want a 120 resisting pet, for me that is the breaking point to consider a pet PVP and no longer pvm along with 550-600hp pool (120 resisting spells). For me its not posible to have a pvm and pvm pet, you need 2 of them, one for each goal.

I hope I could make things a bit more clean on what I think is Pet settings nowadays.

Regards,

Jack_Uo

Last edited:

Jack

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also mention that although I have seen many tries of making a pvp / pvm hibrid and certainly an hibrid can survive in a pvp fight against another pet if you heal it better, I think hibrids are hard to keep alive at exodus, scalis and melisande, that are agressive bosses that will make your lifes pet lower very fast even with consume damage if the least unforseable fact happens like eels at scalis, random target swap at exodus or a sudden satyr spawn at melisande.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Moved to appropriate forum.

My Cu still does just fine on the Roof. I will use GD to run most of the rooms but switch to Cu for Orchard and the Roof.

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Giant/fire beetle with AI, Rune Corruption and Poisoning - strong and RC benefits other pets
Cu Sidhe with AI & whatever - Tanky and split damage for Anon
Lesser hiryu with AI and Chivalry - Good single target damage, drops Phys resist - works well with beetle

We normally use two tamers, from Bar to Roof completion it takes us around an hour.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Giant/fire beetle with AI, Rune Corruption and Poisoning - strong and RC benefits other pets
Cu Sidhe with AI & whatever - Tanky and split damage for Anon
Lesser hiryu with AI and Chivalry - Good single target damage, drops Phys resist - works well with beetle

We normally use two tamers, from Bar to Roof completion it takes us around an hour.
Don't forget that using the giant beetle ALSO allows you to carry up to 240k gold from the encounter (just dumping it in might keep you 10k or so from that maximum, because it starts a new pile if the pile you drop in would put all of the existing piles over 60,000), plus whatever you can fit on you; much cheaper than using a half-dozen BoS charges. And, once you raise the strength on the Beetle for combat purposes, it will no longer have that pesky fatigue problem.