• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Curious about your opinion on guardless faction towns...

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We've been having a discussion on the Siege forum about whether or not town guards should be restored in faction towns. I am presuming this is the same scenario on other shards and if so, do you guys prefer it this way or would you like to see the guards restored?

As is, to a large degree, it alleviates non-faction blue player interferance, unless they are prepared to flag. For us, it adds to the danger of Siege, but I am curious how you feel about it in regard to your own shards! :)

Experimental

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There shouldn't be guards in Faction towns, there shouldn't be NPC's in TB base (which shouldn't even be in Brit, IMO), there shouldn't be blue healers in Fel and there shouldn't be red healers in Tram.
If there's gonna be guards in faction towns, they should only target non-faction chars who flag.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think guards in faction towns is a close call either way. I wouldn't complain either as both ways make the fighting a bit different. As long as fields are allowed in towns I don't particularly care the arguments are strong on both sides. With that being said.. those ****ing NPCs in TB base,, that serve no purpose have to go.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I def agree about the blue NPC's. Guardwhacks aren't a problem atm, but they damn sure like blocking the doors!

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think since the towns can have player controlled guards, there's no reason to have npc guards. It's been nice not getting guardwhacked from some random area affect. And those ****ing blue npcs that insta kill in the tb base need to be removed.