• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Curiosity about Doodle training

Z

ZippyW

A few months back, my first doodle, which I had for months, suddenly disappeared. Toontown said I had deleted him, but since no one else plays my account, and I surely would not have done that on purpose, I was puzzled about that. I thought you had to trade doodles in, and really didn't know there was even a way to just delete them. But, I just went ahead and bought an expensive one from Dreamland and worked some on training it.

Anyway, what I'm wondering is if there comes a time when your doodle actually obeys each time? I've never gotten that far in training to know. The one I have now is pretty good, and once, while waiting for an invasion with some TFs we were laughing because mine obeyed every time, while another NEVER did, but when I go to my estate for laff points, it seems I have to repeat commands over and over. So, I'm curious... is there a point when I will run home, run down my list of commands and be tooned up QUICK? I've heard you have to go through the training list 3 times for the doodle to be "maxed," and I wonder if that is true, and is that what it takes to get a reliable quick toon up.

S

SSniffleslam

I don't know about deleting doodles, as far as I know you HAVE to go trade it in to get a new one.

DDL doodles are the best and easiest to train, which is why they are most expensive. However, training is a long road - mine is just now on the second level of training - and that's only on a few tricks. Mine doesn't perform everytime, but there are times when she performs two or three times in a row without being fed, scratched, or given encouragement (yes those phrases, nice doodle and such actually are useful). I've never had a FULLY trained doodle on any of my toons, but from what I understand, once fully trained, they are more LIKELY to perform.

Good Luck with your doodle!!

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I spent an insane amount of time fully maxing the tricks on my toonupless's doodle. With each "step" in training (aka, when you fill the bar and start with a new empty bar) you will notice them being more responsive. However, never will they do tricks 100%.

Z

ZippyW

Thanks for the response and info. Trish, you are right about spending an insane amount of time doing the training. The microscopic increase you get for saying "beg!" and "good girl!" or "you are awesome" a thousand times is laughable when you think about it! :eek:

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It takes 100 successful tricks to fill a bar. Unless my math is borked (and hey, it's still early), that's 6,300 successful tricks to max a doodle. What I did was worked every trick's bar one level and kept track of how many TOTAL attempts it took to fill the bar. You know at that point what trick your doodle prefers, and that's the one you should max first. I tried at first to max the trick *I* wanted her to do (I'll take Speak for 22 laff, Alex!), but that didn't work well. Play dead, it was. Everything gets easier as you fill bars, so do yourself a favor and fill the bars your doodle wants to fill first.

F

Flippers

You can return a doodle, but as you know they dont walk off the estate themselves and return to the pet shop :p

My second account has a "jump only" estate, and my eldest doodle for Kertruffle is closing in on 8 points. I'd say she's been reliable since 6 points, and gets less and less tired and more and more likely to do multiple jumps, but it's never 100%.

I know people who cheated and used macros to train their doodles, and it's reliable but also not 100%.

G

Granjell

Man, now I'm depressed! I had no clue that the bars had to be filled three times - oh well - MUCH more work to be done then.

Trish I'm glad you mentioned that doodles have favorite tricks. I've noticed that about mine already, and they're not even close to being halfway to one bar. A brand new one from Donald's Dock will Speak! just about every time, but the expensive one from DDL just sits there until it's told to Dance!

Thanks for the info!

P.S. - Zippy, the fastest way to get tooned up is multiple doodles on your estate all doing tricks at once!

S

Sally Bumblefoot

I dont know how accurate this is but my son said he read somewhere when he got his doodle that if you ignore it for a long time it will leave. This happened to my daughter's doodle. She really never plays and hers just disappeared. Seems to me I read that somewhere too. I NEVER do anything with any of my doodles and they are still there but there are multiple doodles present so maybe that keeps them happy.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
More than three times, actually.. Jump has 5 bars (5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, but 10 is maxed so no bar needed to fill), Beg has 6, and so on. Ohay btw my math WAS off, it's 5600 successful tricks to max. I forgot about the last bar not needing to be filled.

S

SSniffleslam

I've heard that too, but Savanna has had her doodle for 3+ years and she rarely does anything with it. Then again, it's kind of like yours, we have 5 doodles on that account so maybe that keeps hers happy.

As for a favorite trick, it seems like every doodle I've ever had likes one of those in the middle. The two I'm working with now won't beg worth a darn, but they love play dead and backflip. Go figure.

princess kitty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LD lost her doodle after the last update (when the beans in gardening turned into colored squares).

We're not sure if it had to do with the update or if my 4-yr old played LD without our knowledge and returned said doodle to the petshop. I've never tried so I'm not sure how easy returning a doodle is and if my son is actually capable of it.

A friend has doodles that are great with speak (even the TTC ones). She trains them for a certain time every day and ignores all of us while doing so. Her doodles even do tricks without prompts sometimes (programming error?). That amazes me cause I have to go through a lot of speed chat phrases to get my doodles to even just stick with me and not run off, let alone do the tricks in succession.

S

soupandquackers

I have all DDL doodles at my estate and the only trick they do are playdead. I have it at 9 but it just takes too long.

K

Kippy

More than three times, actually.. Jump has 5 bars (5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, but 10 is maxed so no bar needed to fill), Beg has 6, and so on. Ohay btw my math WAS off, it's 5600 successful tricks to max. I forgot about the last bar not needing to be filled.
you need to fill up the bar for:
jump: 5 times
beg: 6 times
play dead: 7 times
rollover: 8 times
backflp: 9 times
dance: 10 times
speak: 11 times

once a trick is maxed, it is more accurate but never 100%

(takes around 600 hours to fully max a doodle in all the tricks)

Doodle training time!

G

Granjell

OH MY GOSH!!! I thought I was depressed before! 600 hours!!! I'm speechless.

T

toontownhappy

Well, 600 hours isn't so bad...only 25 solid days of doodle training! 0.0

Z

ZippyW

Wow, that really is excessive. I guess I'll never be that dedicated. I'm pretty sure our doodles get worked out every day, because I'm not the only one play and using them. I'm absolutely positive the one didn't leave for lack of attention, and there would be no reason for anyone to have turned him in, since there are no little children playing. He just disappeared. Doodle nappers. My TF's offered to post JB rewards, but since he was just a TTC doodle, I didn't bother! :)

L

Little Sadie

It is just ridiculous the time needed and what you get out of it. Only one of my 5 doodles is past the first bar. My very first doodle is on the second round for speak. All my doodles are higher in speak then other tricks but none will ever max. Now on my uber, once I'm able to buy a DDL doodle, I will work on her doodle a lot. I don't see the need to max a doodle if you are going to have a regular laff toon. It isn't worth it.

S

Sally Bumblefoot

I was gonna say that my doodle is next to useless because she never does any tricks for a laff boost but that isnt entirely true!! The only time I really ever see my doodle is if for some reason we engage a supervisor of some kind and then lose the invasion. Then I see her about 5 times with a little "sigh" over my head!!! It takes up time and fulfills a purpose then, even if it may not be the purpose for which she was purchased!! It does make the time go by faster while waiting. I could never spend any time training a doodle.......just too many other things to do!

Z

ZippyW

I want to train it well enough so I can just run back to my estate and take a couple of minutes to get all my laffs back. I do use the Doodle to stall for an invasion if I'm with TFs or other toons who know what is going on, but there is sometimes one there that ran ahead and is the reason we are having to stall in the first place, and doesn't understand what we are doing. Anyway, I try to train every day I play for a little while, usually evening up the training from the others on my account who have this trick or that one and get ahead! I know, it's OCD to feel itchy over it!! hahaha

F

Flippers

I found my doodles all like different tricks. A couple of them like speak, and are more likely to speak when I summon them than jump

Fortunately on the older account, most of them like to backflip :p One likes to rollover, and all would beg if I felt it was worth it for them to beg. Smusher's doodle likes to dance.

I'm sure on the other account there are potentials for other tricks, but they all jump for me. Except lol some jump more than others. I think there's an inherent urge to do something else. Flappy and Kert got their doodles the same week but one is way ahead of the other, even though they are all summoned when I run home for the toonup.

S

Steveo

I don't see the need to max a doodle if you are going to have a regular laff toon. It isn't worth it.
I will have to say yes its worth it only if you solo boss battles or 5 story buildings. I have not trained my doodle all the way but sure did help some in my solo vp. Now just for 4-8 toon battles I dont see the point in doodle training. Now for a uber it might come in handy one day. LOL!

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't see the need to max a doodle if you are going to have a regular laff toon. It isn't worth it.
I will have to say yes its worth it only if you solo boss battles or 5 story buildings. I have not trained my doodle all the way but sure did help some in my solo vp. Now just for 4-8 toon battles I dont see the point in doodle training. Now for a uber it might come in handy one day. LOL!
My doodle has saved countless lives when I'm on my toonupless. My big kittie's doodle has saved my life while soloing blds.

I really don't think the 600 hours number is right. I trained an hour before playing and an hour before leaving for the night, and it didn't take me no year to max. You seriously have to take the time to find the trick the doodle likes best and work it first. The higher the bars get, the more often they'll do tricks. So to max the bars they like to do first makes the whole thing go faster.

L

Little Sadie

Neither of which I plan to do anytime soon. LOL! I am tired of boss battles lately. I've been in the make a new toon mode. The only doodle Im really training if for my uber.